'Kordination' - ETQW Frag Movie by Kordin

(Kordin) #1

Hey everyone,

‘Kordination’ is my first ETQW frag movie. I allways wanted to make my own little frag movie but was allways to lazy to start with it. But now i had some free time during the holidays and just tried it.

It took me a while to finish it because i had to learn all the stuff about the movie making and editing programs first. Since this is my first movie i am sure there are some things too improve and i am happy about any constructive feedback u can give me!

All frags are from Competition matches (officials and scrims) from November 2011 to March 2012. That means alot of the frags are against 40% because they are the only team that is up for trains most of the time.

Kordination - Youtube:

//youtu.be/gIuJwdqOFgo

Kordination - Own3d.tv:
http://www.own3d.tv/video/589129/Kordination_-_ETQW_Frag_Movie_by_Kordin

Download links:

Informations:

• title: Kordination
  • game: Enemy Territory : Quake Wars
  • created by: Kordin
  • starring: Kordin
  • fps: 30
  • size: 610MB
  • project size: 40GB
  • length: 8:19min
  • ressolution: 1280x720
  • codec: x264

Programs used:

• ETQW
  • ETQW ProMod 1.0
  • Fraps
  • Sony Vegas Pro 9
  • meGUI

Music used:

• Celldweller - The Wings of Icarus
  • Blue Stahli - The Pure and the Tainted
  • Blue Stahli - Takedown
  • Celldweller - Ursa Minor (Electron Mix)
  • Antonio Pinto - Warlord

Thanks to:

Rex and Samurai [for helping me with alot of tips and infos about movie programs and edting and for giving me their movie configs and movie HUD files]

lausl and jopjop [for testviewing the beta version and giving me suggestions how to improve some movie parts]

my whole team [for all the great and funny matches we have played]

the remaining teams in the competition scene [especially 40% and Vikings for all the scrims]

Have fun watching!

(ASD) #2

very great!

(aSHARK) #3

Make Kordination 2 ;D

(Dthy) #4

I doubt that would happen, I think Kordin managed to find a life somehow… TELL ME YOUR SECRETS KORDIN!

(Kl3ppy) #5

Shut down your internet :wink:

(Kordin) #6

I would do it but at the moment i dont have the time for it. But the bigger problem ist, that i used all the competion demos in this movie. And since qw comp scene is super dead i doubt i can even collect enough frags for a 3min movie in the next years in qw:D

But who knows, maybe some day a new fps game will appear that is worth making a fragmovie about it^^

Go to slovakia for 5 month to a place where no cable internet is available and get some UMTS connection, play QW, stop playing QW due to super bad ping with uber lag spikes:D But dont tell it anyone else, its top secret!

(lausl) #7

but at least they have some Knödel.

(Dthy) #8

[QUOTE=Kordin;412169]I would do it but at the moment i dont have the time for it. But the bigger problem ist, that i used all the competion demos in this movie. And since qw comp scene is super dead i doubt i can even collect enough frags for a 3min movie in the next years in qw:D

But who knows, maybe some day a new fps game will appear that is worth making a fragmovie about it^^

Go to slovakia for 5 month to a place where no cable internet is available and get some UMTS connection, play QW, stop playing QW due to super bad ping with uber lag spikes:D But dont tell it anyone else, its top secret![/QUOTE]

I’ll try not to tell anyone, but If I do it’s because I am serious;ly drunk! '#charsapparent;yasdadadwadsdw

(Celebrian) #9

[QUOTE=Kordin;412169]I would do it but at the moment i dont have the time for it. But the bigger problem ist, that i used all the competion demos in this movie. And since qw comp scene is super dead i doubt i can even collect enough frags for a 3min movie in the next years in qw:D

But who knows, maybe some day a new fps game will appear that is worth making a fragmovie about it^^[/QUOTE]
Some day? This must be the reason! We need a new competition like “FK2D cup” (For Kordination 2 Demos)!

(Kordin) #10

Befor we talk about Kordination 2 we should better talk about Celebration 1! I think i can remember something about a 40% movie, but it looks like the project is cancelled, isnt it?:stuck_out_tongue:

(Celebrian) #11

No it isn’t
Solving PC problems to continue ;]

(Kinjal) #12

Great movie! Nice skills :slight_smile:

(jopjop) #13

epic sh!t.

(rUBBEN) #14

This movie would have been the best QW movie if you had killed other team, after 5 min it’s going a little bit boring to see the same one… still awesome movie !

(r3fleX) #15

Yea some nice scenes, and really gj for your first movie! :slight_smile:

Okay well a few points from my opinion just watching through…

Good Points:

• Quality was really nice
  • HUD was very clean :slight_smile:
  • Some decent sync’ing at times with the music
  • Nice killing spree’s
  • Some nice effects used & the kill count on volcano was cool

Things to improve:

• Try make the transitions between new songs/scenes abit smoother like the intro and then the first clip there was a little bit too long of a gap with nothing… try overlap the songs so that as 1 finishes lower the volume and the new 1 coming in is rising in volume. Try find similarities between clips for transitions such as freecamming to the sky and back on the same map…

• Maybe a little over did the blurring effects for my liking and was on the verge of an epelectic fit at times :smiley: i mean you used quite alot of heavy burring effects during the clips & the transitions, try mix it up with subtle changes…

• I prefer a slightly quieter song volume and slightly louder hit beep sounds… i like to clearly hear when headshots are made, but thats really simple tweaking for next time.

But yeh overall really good 1st movie, especially compared to mine :o brb deleting evidence from youtube

(Snotling) #16

Is it seriously your first movie? :smiley: Really good movie and h4x skill.

(lausl) #17

discololcano, when the surfaces light up to the music is so nice!:wink:

watched it often enough the last days - it’s still awesome every time!:smiley:

(Dthy) #18

I feel ashamed of myself since this is your first movie and mine looks like a sh!t stain now :frowning: Nice frags though! Personally, I think the effects were over-done (just me, I prefer subtle effects). As Samu said, the transitions could be nicer. A few transition ideas could be: scoping in, 360 spin around the player having the background fade to a different map. I feel if I ever get around to doing some more editing I’ll need to spend ALOT of time on it :confused:

(Celebrian) #19

Awesome!
But still worse than Killers fragmovie.

(Gradis) #20

very nice vid