CRASH: Wont launch at all

(Firebolt5499) #1

Hello. When I try and launch Brink, nothing will happen. After the steam “Launching Brink” is done, it goes to the fan art box with Bethesda and Splash Damage, screen goes black, and it crashes.

I’m tired of fighting with this game :(. First it would run just fine, but when I tried anything but Challenge mode, it would freeze right as the little gray circles would spin and the audio log would start. After that, it would freeze at the character selection screen and give me a Failed to decompress data error, and now this.

I’ve pretty much given up on this game for good since i’m tired of fighting with this bull :mad:. I really love this game but
i’m on my last straw. Crispy, if you would help, that would be great.

As for helping you guys identify the problem, i’ve defragmented data, verifed game cache, reinstalled the game, deleted key DLC files. It wont give me a crash report or anything.

Here are my system specs if you need them:
RAM: 4GB
Proccesor: Intel Core 2 duo proccesor. 2.4GHz and 2 cores.
Graphics card: Nvidia 8800 GT
My drivers are up to date.

Please help.

Sincerely, Firebolt5499

(Crispy) #2

Hi there,

It would be useful to have a log for this crash and the full DxDiag. Details on producing a DxDiag are in my signature.

To produce a log file:

[ol]
[li]Go into your Steam Library, and right-click on Brink[/li][li]Click ‘Properties’[/li][li]Click ‘Set launch options…’[/li][li]Paste the following: +set logFileName “CrashOnBoot_Firebolt5499_$Y.$M.$D_$h.$m.$s.log” +set logfile 2[/li][li]Run Brink from Steam and attempt to produce the crash[/li][li]If you produce the crash, retrieve the logfile:[/li][LIST=1]
[li]Go to …\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata#steamid#\22350\local\base[/li][li]Find the file called CrashOnBoot_Firebolt5499_xxxx.log[/li][/ol]
[li]Post the contents of the log here[/li][/LIST]

(Firebolt5499) #3

Uh…once at userdata there is no #steamid#, only 82450981. I wander why that is…:frowning:

(Firebolt5499) #4

Actually, hold on for a bit, because I am reinstalling steam, so i’ll respond back ina bit and say if anything changed.

(Firebolt5499) #5

Okay, turnes out Steam was giving me buggy downloads. I am having some minor framerate problems but i’m pretty sure thats due to the graphics settings being on high. Sorry for wasting your folks time ;_)

(Crispy) #6

[QUOTE=Firebolt5499;398174]Uh…once at userdata there is no #steamid#, only 82450981. I wander why that is…:([/QUOTE]This is your unique Steam ID. The number is different for every user account.

[QUOTE=Firebolt5499;398277]Okay, turnes out Steam was giving me buggy downloads. I am having some minor framerate problems but i’m pretty sure thats due to the graphics settings being on high. Sorry for wasting your folks time ;_)[/QUOTE]Okay, thanks for getting back to us.