Splashdamage promised to release Brink Linux servers

(Sunkist) #1

Hi there,

before Brink was released, Splashdamage promised to also release Linux dedicated servers fro Brink. But still, there is nothing, not even an announcement from Splashdamage if there will be Linux servers or not. The refuse to answer emails, they refuse to say anything about Linux servers at all.

For me that means: No more games from Splashdamage until they released the Linux servers too!

Splashdamage: Could you please at least say if there will be Linux servers or not? If not, I will delete Brink from my computer, because I will not play it anymore.

Btw: Your mailserver send HELLO/EHLO parameter “WebServer01” which is invalid and the reason why my mailserver refused to accept the forum registration mail.

(zenixthepowner) #2

They promised a lot of things… regarding Brink.
Still need too see if it ever is going to happen.

(Darksider) #3

[QUOTE=Sunkist;396818]Hi there,

before Brink was released, Splashdamage promised to also release Linux dedicated servers fro Brink. But still, there is nothing, not even an announcement from Splashdamage if there will be Linux servers or not. The refuse to answer emails, they refuse to say anything about Linux servers at all.

For me that means: No more games from Splashdamage until they released the Linux servers too!

Splashdamage: Could you please at least say if there will be Linux servers or not? If not, I will delete Brink from my computer, because I will not play it anymore.

Btw: Your mailserver send HELLO/EHLO parameter “WebServer01” which is invalid and the reason why my mailserver refused to accept the forum registration mail.[/QUOTE]

Search the site, they answered this a long time ago, NOT HAPPENING! So uninstall and move on…

(Runeforce) #4

Perhaps an April Fool’s joke/troll?

Pssst. Please lock this thread, Badman.

(Sunkist) #5

Thank’s, found it. So sad, Splash Damage is lying to the customers. Good bye SD! Screw others up, not me again!

(McAfee) #6

Link? I see nothing official. The place where the reply should have been, which is the most viewed/replied thread on this section, has not 1 “staff response”.

(Sunkist) #7

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31681-Linux-version?p=389804&viewfull=1#post389804

(McAfee) #8

That thread is not asking for a “server”, it asking for a client as a whole, and that is a different subject entirely. So that answer is as ambiguous as everything else they’ve said since the beginning.

(Sunkist) #9

Oh, thank you very much! You’re right, I didn’t notice that.

So again the question to SplashDamage: What about Linux Servers for Brink? Will they come? Is there a bety version, we may try?

(phoen1x) #10

Who needs servers for dead game?

(Sunkist) #11

Hey, remember Easter? It may revive :wink:

I’d give it a chance and so would some of my clan mates.

(Crytiqal) #12

Yea cause having a linux server totally changes the experience for the players, lolol

(Sunkist) #13

Well, you don’t understand and you “lol” :wink:

Nice :wink:

If there were linux servers, there would be MORE servers and there would be servers, running by clans and the clan members would play.

(McAfee) #14

Most of the respectable hosting companies prefer linux.

Windows wastes too much resources being windows, you don’t have to run a desktop gui shell on linux.

It’s easier (and probably cheaper) to rent a linux instance than a windows one.

Clans may already have a linux server they used for an older game, like ETQW or W:ET. It helps broaden the options.

(Ruben0s) #15

I would have host a clan server, but it wouldn’t change a thing about the game experience. I still would have stopped playing Brink after two weeks.

But the linux server files with a lot of other things did change my feeling for splashdamage. When the first Q&A of their new game will get released, I will think about every question and ask myself, would it actually be in the game? Actually I wouldn’t take the Q&A serious.