Teamspeak shoutcast for FTMLeague Season #2

(Rex) #1

After a long time, several thoughts about how we can do it, we finally came to the decision that we go for the “Teamspeak shoutcast”.
Our first test cast was yesterday and it went very well. We predicted 2 listeners, but around 20 came :smiley:
Thank you all for coming!

What you should know:

Teamspeak 3 shoutcast

Download link for the lazy guys: Teamspeak 3
Choose “client version” of course :wink:

All you need to do is to join the following Teamspeak 3 server (provided by Stupidoz clan, big thanks at this point!):
[B]
IP: 91.121.19.177
Password: stupidoz

Channel: SHOUTCAST ETQW <3[/B]

Note: This is a password protected server, so please respect other players there and don’t disturb them in other channels (you might get even kicked). You should only join the “SHOUTCAST ETQW <3” channel.

You should be on the tv server, because all casters will be there too and the cast is synced with the tv server obviously.

Note: The tv server is buggy as hell. So this could cause some problems sometimes. Also the casters have to deal with those problems which can’t be changed.

A few bug examples and problems: [ul] [li] objective progress bar disappears [*] 999 ammunition, reload is invisible sometimes[/li] [li] invisible players, players walking through walls[/li] [li] no respawn timer[/li] [li] lag, delay[/li] [/ul]

We will cast matches which seem to be exciting (no fullholds etc.), no matter what division.
Do you want to get your match casted?
So, suggest your match and tell us why we should do!

(Please name your clan + your opponents + date + time (+ timezone)!)

Some examples for reasons you could name:

• we got some awesome uber-ultra players who fly around the map with laser speed! :wink:
  • we play with 4 soldiers as GDF on Sewer at the first objective for 20 minutes! (new tactics :D)
  • we play with knife only! (being much arrogant :cool:)
  • we suck so much, we never got casted anywhere :frowning:
  • we make it as close and exciting as we can :slight_smile:

About the casters:

There will be 3 shoutcasters at maximum with some “main” shoutcasters and guests.
Well, we are mixed nationalities so our English won’t be the best as some would expect. We do this only for fun. :slight_smile:
Of course we also play ETQW, so we know what we talk about :smiley:

(Rex) #2

We will cast today: 40% vs Stupidoz 21:00 CET

Next cast will be released earlier :wink:

(Snotling) #3

ZUBR vs CF will be more interesting imo! :o

(riddick666) #4

I think it would be easy for CF :slight_smile:

nice idea with shoutcast!

(rUBBEN) #5

This match was really nice, did you record the shoutcast ?

(jopjop) #6

I think none of the casters can record without some setting up. Atleast on my setup my voice wont get recorded if I try to record. That means some of the listeners should record the session and upload it :slight_smile:

(Snotling) #7

Everybody can record what’s said on the channel on TeamSpeak. Tell me if it doesn’t work for the casters.

(Dthy) #8

I can record it using fraps, i’ve done that before when i recorded skype and some minecraft with a mate.

(rUBBEN) #9

But as Rex already said, the problem will be to upload.

(Dthy) #10

Well it would also record the game, so I’d be making a VOD essentially. I could just upload it to upload.ee and give you the link so you can put it on the FTML site.

(rUBBEN) #11

It would be really awesome !! If you need some help contact me.

PS : I doubt I can be useful actually, but still, I’m up to help :slight_smile:

(Dthy) #12

I’ll test it whenever the next cast is. I’ll also be running my awesome quality cfg, so it’ll look awesome and use ET hit sounds, so people aren’t driven insane by mario.

(Rex) #13

Cast: Today taw #2 vs Aadvark 21.00 pm

(Dthy) #14

Is that GMT or german time?

Also, im thinking if all goes well I’ll upload them to own3d.tv.

(Crytiqal) #15

isnt it easier to stream instead of recording/compressing/uploading?

(Dthy) #16

I’ll probably try streaming next time, my game crashed ALL THE TIME.

(Rex) #17

It is easier but not possible for most of the people here.

(Rex) #18

Shoutcasts today:

20.00 CET NML vs lool (4th div)
21.00 CET Stupidoz vs Olaf (1st div)

(Wackocat) #19

Does anybody have the recordings of the match TAW vs Aardvark. I listened to my own match (which was hilarioush) but I would still love a recording if somebody has it. Thx!

(Dthy) #20

I tried recording it, but I crashed so much that it was all pointless :frowning: