Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf: MP

Re: Wolf: MP

I agree that the helmet looks a bit too large. Makes the allied soldier look cartoonish, and less interesting, and doesn't really suit the art direction of ETQW, imho.

About the character model, I think the texture's colors could use more variation.

The silhouette is weak. It's not a terribly important thing, actually, but all of the classes need to have different silhouettes. For the soldier, that will be taken care of for him by his weapons, but for other classes, they need to be carrying things that that particular job would require. Like I think the axis soldier carries a spade, while it is also carried by the allied engineer. The spade does not have to be rigidly bound to the body, but may be bound to the hips, perhaps, so that they are made apparent in interesting ways during animation. That might be wrong, logically, but you should come up with things like that, appropriately.

You've gotten the bagginess around the shins and arms to look pretty decent, but the areas where you have lots of tension in reality don't show, here. If you're using Zbrush, use the pinch brush, or something, to create little creases in the crotch, elbow, and beneath the glutes. Also, there needs to be some folds in the armpit area, definitely.

The front of the shirt also lacks that completely, when it should have at least a little bit, of undulation that interacts with the pockets--

Where are the shirt pockets? And the pants pockets? And the crease for the folded sleves?

Also, you're having a problem with the face. There's a shading error around the bottom lip. And the furrowed brow, if in fact, it was intended to be furrowed, looks strange and unnatural. The creases seem to go far into the forehead region, making it look like scar tissue.

The vert weights where the forearm meets the bicep, don't seem weighted properly, in that you not only get shading errors when the arm bends, but you can see the distortion of the topside of the forearm that bends into the bicep, and the bottom of the bicep's top side, as well.

Where the bicep meets the shoulder is a bit too round, but I feel like that's probably just my opinion, and not something that really needs to be fixed.

This seems like a lot of ****, but seeing the work you've done so far, I think it should be relatively easy for you to fix, if you were so inclined.

Nice shin thingies, btw. Real nice.
    Last edited by SuperHappyCow; 24th Aug 2012 at 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by .Chris. View Post
    Anyway, if you have a low poly version of that bike I'd love to try get it working ingame, may look odd as it would be using player animation for driving the husky but besides that I reckon I could get it drivable.
    I was thinking of re-modifying that bicycle I made into that bike. One with the side car, and another that's just two wheeled. I haven't messed with a 3 wheel vehicle in ETQW. I don't even know if you could do that. But I'm not home in LA until Tomorrow, so I'll mess with it then, if the guy I subletted to didn't steal my desktop, hahah.

It would be excellent if you guys tried to stray from being extremely accurate to WWII. Part of the appeal of playing ET, for me, was not that it was a great WWII game at all, but it was simply any excuse to have an incredibly entertaining, quotable game. How awesome would it to have a semi-steampunk, Zaku-like flying walker for Axis? Nothing would be more appropriate. Literally, nothing. And it would be fun as hell.

But I do get the infantry only direction. : P

Most Recent Awards:

No problem to add occult or sci-fi stuff for the axis team, it's the way Wolfenstein is I think. I absolutly want the nade launchers, mortar, flamethrower, panzerfaust etc into the mod.

I also think the 3 wheeled vehicle is completely possible, I see no reason it wouldn't, just make a four wheel-ed vehicle with the front right wheel acting like a back wheel and you're done. It'd be nice to have a cool motorbike to drive with.

About the lip and brow bugs, it's the ETQW soldier head model so don't blame me ^^
    And this problem occurs only in my 3D modeller because it's symmetric UV's so the normalmap is wrong on one side all the time, it doesn't seem to work well with my modeller. It's just a WIP, and the build of the soldier, the texture, the normalmap and the shadowmodel are not finished/done yet, so don't worry about this, people. The texture can be changed anytime!

It's quite a pain to rig it and get it right, I'm not feeling great with blender, and the model uses the ETQW skeleton, also the animations are not loose enough in my opinion, the way people handle the gun is also more "modern".

Thanks for the feedback everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv8 View Post
    omg u genius ty
    Box is pretty - Margus

Really looking forward to try this out Backsnip
    Think you guys do a fantastic job.
    Wished I was good enough to help you but I am not
    But anyways keep up the good work
    I'm an engineer, lets just asume I'm right...

Hard to imagine that the helmets at that time were not sized exaclty to your head (always remember, that times are not long gone ). When i was at army, i got a helmet exactly the size of my head, so it was proportionally fitting my head.

However, if i could choose my head size during war, i would prefer it to be, ... well not big that's for sure

Though i post here, i still think this mod is nothing for me. However i can give my opinion to the helmet, yes. If you look at the pic, the modeled head is a lot less big, compared to the real one. That is why it appears to be so out of proportion, while the helmets are staying almost the same size.

EDIT: also the helmet has two curves if you look exactly. So i pull the smartass and say that this looks more like 2 curves other than just one, oval form, spanning the whole head. But maybe on this pic it just appears to be like that.
    Last edited by acQu; 28th Aug 2012 at 01:16.

wow amazing news! the mod is dead
    cAMPAIGN TO SAVE BRINK: BRINK free and pay DLCs (And on next DLC include the SDK)

Most Recent Awards:

What's your problem with the mod?
    There's no one helping, I can't log on IRC, so it's not very active, but I'm not dead yet, so it won't be dead anytime soon. NEVER.
    So now, GET OUT!
    Thanks for support to all the others.
    barbwire.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv8 View Post
    omg u genius ty
    Box is pretty - Margus

I understand your frustration, sanDIOkan, but what makes you think that project Wolf: MP has been halted? As of today, 6.11.2012, there have been no news about closing down project Wolf: MP. So I ask you to please stop spreading false information about the mod.

We would be happy to answer any further questions that you might have via private message or if that does not suit you, you can post your questions here.
    Project: Wolf Records
    S&M Mapping - S&M Mapping

Wolf: MP - Blog Of The Next Wolfenstein: Multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Pegazus View Post
    but what makes you think that project Wolf: MP has been halted?
    No news on your blog since March 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonji View Post
    No news on your blog since March 2012.
    If the project had been halted there would have been a declaration of it. We would have not abandoned the project without leaving any sort of information of doing so behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateos View Post
    Somehow when it's ET, no news = dead
    It seems to be the common misbelief. But as BackSn!p3 stated as long as he is alive, it will not be dead. I think that sums up the potential and willpower of the project.

Most Recent Awards:

steve-rogers1.jpgThe helmet fits very well IMO
    Light Shavor - I'm LighT_Sh4v0r, and as you can see <-- I am mostly useless
    tokamak - So you really brought up your girl to respond to a question asked by a bot?
    Tanzverbot - Ranked Servers - Protecting the public from racist cannibal vampire nazi servers since 2007
    Donnovan - I am really proud to know Chris. Sadly he waste his life with hardcore drink and sex.
    Brontoz - Seems like its Cristmas in rest of the World, i just didnt know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apples View Post
    steve-rogers1.jpgThe helmet fits very well IMO
    This ain't no soldier
    Last edited by Dragonji; 10th Nov 2012 at 13:37.

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by BackSnip3 View Post
    What's your problem with the mod?
    There's no one helping, I can't log on IRC, so it's not very active, but I'm not dead yet, so it won't be dead anytime soon. NEVER.
    So now, GET OUT!
    Thanks for support to all the others.
    barbwire.jpg

Just realize the barbwire model, is that for Wolf:MP?
    Hello, World

Most Recent Awards:

this is great what i always wanted.

get it finished working and il make a map.
    My Custom Levels
    Player Type: Pub
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Processor: Intel(R) i7-4700MQ @ 2.4
    Memory: 16 GB RAM
    Graphics: GeForce GT 740M ~ 55" 4K 3D LCD

R.I.P. another project of a wannabe modder is dead
    cAMPAIGN TO SAVE BRINK: BRINK free and pay DLCs (And on next DLC include the SDK)

Most Recent Awards:

I'm sure we can all appreciate your motivation posts. True or not.
    The m4st3r of making c0nfus1ng p0sts!