Consite B.O.B - The Unofficial Project Continuation

(Donnovan) #1

You can download the map on this link: http://etqw-mapping.googlecode.com/files/zz_consite_b3.pk4

I will continue Consite project in a solo work.

Already talked to some people about changes. We are using those two images to help on the conversation:

Coordinates sayd as D4, I12.

Coordinates are sayd as 4-13, 7-16. When you is refering to something outdoor, put a “o” before, like in o6-11.

CHANGES:

Objective 1 - Hack on J4:

• change main strogg spawn to C7 (move strogg base here too) and strogg forward to hotel, in G7.
  • add cover building in E6 to help strogg defence in case of GDF counterattack.
  • flat terrain inside construction site (I3 to L6) to make it more vehicle friendly.
  • add more vehicles on C7 and G7 (for strogg).
  • remove fence (secondary objective (blow)) at H5.

Objective 2 - Blow the barricade on tunnel entrance in I6 (3-2):

• objective can be removed to make place to another one or simply cuted off.

Objective 3 - Get the brain in 10-13 and transmit it in 7-16:

• strogg main spawn in I7 (o3-1), forward spawn in 7-8.
  • move the escalator in 5-11 to 6-11 or even 7-12 for a strogg backrape in escalator in 9-13.
  • gdf spawn and, possibily, forward spawn in… (?)
  • add strogg vehicles in I6 (o3-1), to go inside the tunnel and reach a maximum position of 8-11
  • add strogg vehicles in I7 (o3-3), many of then.

PS.: Spawning in I7 strogg can fall down to the tunnel entrance in I6 if they want.

Other thoughts:

• move the fort to…
  • second objective as a mining laser to destroy the barricade that close the tunnel entrance in I6.
  • second objective as a “Blow the door at 10-12 to gain access to the data brain in 10-13”, a la Island map.
  • Remove the shock at the barricade and make it unblowable by charges (not objective anymore, it was the OBJ 2).

(Donnovan) #2

“- change main strogg spawn to C7 (move strogg base here too) and strogg forward to hotel, in G7.”

No… it will never happens, not that way. Its just for your temporary delight and for my process of heating my self. Hey monsta! Dont you wanted nasty strogg things?

(Ashog) #3

Can’t see the details but it looks kinda kool. Why do you wan’t to change it? Not all Strogg bases must look same all the time :slight_smile:

strogg main spawn in I6 (o3-1), forward spawn in 7-8

might make more sense to me to place main strogg spawn outside, above tunnel, at i7 (as discussed). Then place a dessie, hog and a couple of icari at i7 too, while tormy can be placed at g7, a bit later cyclops too at g7 (with a delay to dessie). Also two hogs at i6 below. Then strogg could decide when spawning at main spawn at i7 whether to take outside route or to drop down to hogs at i6 and go via tunnel to capture forward spawn underground. Of course, the fence between i6 and i7 must be removed or a hole made.

• gdf spawn and, possibily, forward spawn in… (?)

how about placing a selectable (like on radar map) forward spawn for GDF in the building at i13?

Come to think of it, one could move the fort to L7-L8-M7-M8. The vehicles will always spawn there on L8-M8. During obj1, GDF will spawn at L7, and during obj3 - in the building at L9. The building then must have a corridor to be able to run through the building to main escalator of course.

In this way, during obj3, the strogg forward spawn at 7-8 or 7-9 and the main GDF spawn at L9 are practically equidistant to the transmitter at K13. But if GDF defence at 10-13 fails, GDF still have a chance by spawning a bit closer to transmitter at forawrd spawn at i13.

add strogg vehicles in I6 (o3-1), to go inside the tunnel and reach a maximum position of 8-11

I would even try to let dillos and hogs go as far as 10-13 :slight_smile: Could be fun, betas are there exactly to test such things :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, like chris said, if you remove explode objective2, it could make sense to place a door at 10-13, locking the datacell, so that strogg obj2 could be to plant an explosive on that door. Will also give GDF time to set up defences there.

Good luck :slight_smile:

P.S. I would also give GDF on obj3 four deploy spots - J12 and M12 for turrets and K12 and M9 for other deploys (AIT, arty). For strogg - perhaps a turret spot at J9 and 1-2 spots at H7.

(Runeforce) #4

Put some windows in the building @ g6.

Fix the broken and missing ladders o. @ j5, k3, k4 and k5 so you can climb up on the roof on the building housing the hack. Make it possible to drop down from the roof, inside the building (but impossible to shoot the hacker without dropping down.)

Connect the building @ L9-10 with the underground tunnel.

Give the GDF 20 seconds to fall back to objective #2, instead of having it immidiatly aviliable after completion of the first objective (this is a general problem with pretty much all custom maps, and it’s damn annoying!)

(Donnovan) #5

Thankyou guys, this is much more than i can think by my bare self! Really thanks!

We already have deploy spots in J12, M12 (not K12 and M9) and J9 (not on M9). The deploy spots are marked as transparent white squares on the reference commandmap above.

Thanks!

(Donnovan) #6

Presenting: The Hotel & Cafe Bombain.

It will have increased importance in Consite B.O.B.

(Donnovan) #7

Sorry, forgot this one:

(Violator) #8

Nice resurrectotel :slight_smile: Watch for the parallel portal thing though on the windows in the last hotel shot.

(Donnovan) #9

Hey Vio!

I say Donnovan Q2 Brink Touch because i an really far to archiev Brink roundness mapa!

(Donnovan) #10

A persian carpet.

(light_sh4v0r) #11

Nice work Don!

(Ashog) #12

I can say only WOW!

(Runeforce) #13

Donnovalicious!

(Donnovan) #14

There was something going wrong on the hotel. Its not the same after strogg invasion…

(Donnovan) #15

Finally moving from Hotel… and now messing with Whiteaden stuffa.

All the ideas you guys posted here will be on the map, really thanks for the help. But this does not means we had no surprises! The warehouse (by Whiteaden) will also have its inportance elevated:

Also, on the last hotel shot, you can protect from rain now:

And last, some anotations i have from previous maps i done…

…for mapping:

…for movie:

(Donnovan) #16

Now no one will miss the ladder to the roof of the hotel:

(Donnovan) #17

Here the strogg hotel objective!

Destroy the angel that protects the city…! :open_mouth:

(Donnovan) #18

A angel in hell is a hell in home…

(light_sh4v0r) #19

LOL!
Only Donnovan would think of that :smiley: