Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: ET: Legacy

Re: ET: Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    There is lots of redundant/useless stuff in the renderer that should be removed
    Tell me about it. I threw out tons and tons of unused/redundant/buggy code but it's just the tip of the iceberg.
    http://www.etlegacy.com - Updated version of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for Windows, linux, Mac OS X, AROS and OpenBSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dushan View Post
    Its little more then that.
    I know now,

Delete this from "tr_bsp.c"
    Code:
    i = LittleLong( header->version );
    	if ( i != BSP_VERSION ) {
    		ri.Error( ERR_DROP, "RE_LoadWorldMap: %s has wrong version number (%i should be %i)",
    				  name, i, BSP_VERSION );
    	}
    and this from "cm_load.c"
    Code:
    	if ( header.version != BSP_VERSION ) {
    		Com_Error( ERR_DROP, "CM_LoadMap: %s has wrong version number (%i should be %i)"
    				   , name, header.version, BSP_VERSION );
    	}
    and this from "qfiles.h"

Code:
    #define BSP_VERSION         47
    To run any BSP Version

and to fix yellow/black in Quake 3 maps

delete this from tr_images.c
    Code:
    //#ifdef _DEBUG
    #define CHECKPOWEROF2
    //#endif // _DEBUG

#ifdef CHECKPOWEROF2
    	if ( ( ( width - 1 ) & width ) || ( ( height - 1 ) & height ) ) {
    		Com_Printf( "^1Image not power of 2 scaled: %s\n", name );
    		return NULL;
    	}
    #endif // CHECKPOWEROF2
    The only thing that i dont know how to fix are the Black Models

Last edited by Gir; 20th Apr 2012 at 10:06. Reason: duplicate

Really cool, actually!

Quote Originally Posted by Shownie View Post
    Really cool, actually!
    yes, but Jump pads don't work e.g Quake 3 uses target_position/Target_Push and ET does it different, ?

So what you mean is even if we can launch the Quake map it wont work as intended? "/

See Dushan for a more complete support maybe?

And isn't it going a bit offtopic? ^^'

Yea, don't get too excited about this feature. I though we could add it if it just meant removing some version checks etc. but remember the goal of this project is not to be compatible with every Quake3-based game out there. For that you should keep your eye on OpenWolf. (hmm, in truth I thought about making a single engine for ET, RTCW-MP/SP, but the others did not like this idea).

Anyway, I forgot to mention the most important news - Morsik and Paul (of Trackbase) have plans to add stats syncing between servers running ET:L and Trackbase.net. How cool is that?
    http://www.etlegacy.com - Updated version of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for Windows, linux, Mac OS X, AROS and OpenBSD

Here is a console logging fix with autosprites @ tr_shadr.calc.c
    https://github.com/id-Software/Enemy...r_shade_calc.c
    Before

Code:
    Line 410	ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite shader %s had odd vertex count", tess.shader->name );
    Line 413    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite shader %s had odd index count", tess.shader->name );
    Line 487    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd vertex count", tess.shader->name );
    Line 490    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd index count", tess.shader->name );
    After ( /n = new line)

Code:
    Line 410	ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite shader %s had odd vertex count\n", tess.shader->name );
    Line 413    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite shader %s had odd index count"\n, tess.shader->name );
    Line 487    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd vertex count\n", tess.shader->name );
    Line 490    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd index count\n", tess.shader->name );

Actually makes more sense this way, warning only appears in devmap

Line 410 ri.Printf( PRINT_DEVELOPER, "Autosprite shader %s had odd vertex count\n", tess.shader->name );
    Line 413 ri.Printf( PRINT_DEVELOPER, "Autosprite shader %s had odd index count"\n, tess.shader->name );
    Line 487 ri.Printf( PRINT_DEVELOPER, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd vertex count\n", tess.shader->name );
    Line 490 ri.Printf( PRINT_DEVELOPER, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd index count\n", tess.shader->name );

Thanks Gir, I added those fixes. I really appreciate your help and I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but could you post these kind of things on our bugtracker or if it is a smaller thing announce it on our IRC channel #etlegacy at freenode.net instead of posting it here? Otherwise this topic will soon get really crowded with things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Radegast View Post
    Anyway, I forgot to mention the most important news - Morsik and Paul (of Trackbase) have plans to add stats syncing between servers running ET:L and Trackbase.net. How cool is that?
    Can you give some more intel about this. Because I don't fully understand what it means. (:

Yea, don't get too excited about this feature. I though we could add it if it just meant removing some version checks etc. but remember the goal of this project is not to be compatible with every Quake3-based game out there. For that you should keep your eye on OpenWolf. (hmm, in truth I thought about making a single engine for ET, RTCW-MP/SP
    What would be nice and being thinking about this alot, is a Single Player Engine for ET, or port the Single Player code of RTCW-SP into
    ET, ET has some unique features like a Map/Compass with these features people could make unique Story missions either Single Player or Co-op for free. i would then love to remake Wolfenstien 3D as part of the Single Player Engine.

Not sure if this is appealing since people here concentrate on multiplayer.

He means, I think, ET:L will be tracked like regular ET by TrackBase.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateos View Post
    What will be difference between the data coming from server from ET:L and Vanilla ET?

You guys should dig on BSP statistic, there are some snippets in 2.60, just search from them ( they got added for ETTV )-

The other data like:

weapons/kills/deaths should come via SDK, which goes to MODDER.

Sorry guys, I was being a bit vague -
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateos View Post
    NO, NO, NO! ET:L server works the same as 2.60b server, it already is tracked on every tracker any 2.60b server is and you wouldn't recognize any difference between them. This planned feature is something totally different.

Paul just submitted a feature request, so have a look here. But first read this introduction to the new rating method.

I said "I think" ^^' And thanks to have posted more infos about it.

Yes, Mateos, hence I apologized for being vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Not sure if this is appealing since people here concentrate on multiplayer.
    Exactly. But there is a project which does complete opposite - it brings stuff from ET back to RTCW: http://code.google.com/p/rtcw-141-plus/

Just did and I haven't encountered any bugs so far. Really nice mod btw.
    Thank you Will tell it to Monkey & Borg

About trackbase: I know that feature. At least I think. Sounds much like the TSP which can be used on servers right now by using a app of some sort.
    Yes, could be good to make that part of ET:L