Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: ET: Legacy

Re: ET: Legacy

hi : im not sure if this is classed as a bug or glitch but, i like to assign left ctrl as crouch and when i am crouching i cant change to any weapon unless i stand and then its possible. its something i got used to when playing on linux but on windows it doesnt normally happen, anyhow im still using it and also not having any noticeable problems with jaymod 2.2.0..nice work : ) looking forward to further enhancements - thanks.

Hi,
    I'm having some issues running the latest two betas. I'm getting the following error:
    error while loading shared libraries: libXxf86dga.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Using Ubuntu 11.10 64bits, (beta 1 works fine)

I've also tried to build it, but I'm also getting some errors:

dl_main_curl.c
    In file included from /usr/include/curl/curl.h:35:0,
    from src/qcommon/dl_main_curl.c:38:
    /usr/include/curl/curlrules.h:142:3: error: size of array ‘__curl_rule_01__’ is negative
    /usr/include/curl/curlrules.h:152:3: error: size of array ‘__curl_rule_02__’ is negative
    src/qcommon/dl_main_curl.c: In function ‘DL_BeginDownload’:
    src/qcommon/dl_main_curl.c:126:5: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘FS_CreatePath’ discards ‘const’ qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
    src/qcommon/dl_public.h:54:10: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘const char *’
    make[1]: *** [obj/x32/Release/etlegacy/dl_main_curl.o] Error 1
    make: *** [etlegacy] Error 2

Wrong version of curl I guess... which version is needed?

Thanks!

That error informs that game tried to load 64bit library instead of 32bit. 32bit binaries are not compatible with 64 and can't be included and/or dload().

About compilation error... it compiled for me without any problem.

chernocba: as morsik said, the package you need is called libxxf86dga1:i386 and the curl error is also connected to your architecture - you need curl sources configured for 32 bit. Curl version is not important. You can use that six year old one which was shipped with ET 2.60b or the newest one, it doesn't matter.

432hz: yea, most issues we have are to do with the input system which is based on SDL. It's now almost identical to the ioquake code, but it will need to be rewritten.

We now have an irc channel on Freenode, so you can also come to #etlegacy to discuss this project.

Little bugs in showing UI (silEnT mod):

And console:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonji View Post
    Little bugs in showing UI (silEnT mod):
    Leaked images :d

Dragonji: and this defect is not present in the vanilla ET I presume (?) Strange.

ET:L beta 4 is out - please see the first post of this topic.

Edit: Oh yea, and I forgot to mention that we have a new website! www.etlegacy.com
    Edit 2: FYI: nearly all the system configuration wizardry was done by Morsik. Again BIG thanks!

One more thing. I did not compile linux binaries, because there were way too many problems due to dynamic linking. I will provide statically linked binaries sometime in the future. In the meantime please

1. download the sources with git: git clone git://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy.git
    2. and compile: premake4 gmake && make (you need curl sources configured for 32 bit to do this)

Edit 3: WARNING: We have just discovered a nasty bug which crashes the game when you host a server. It will be fixed in the next release.
    Edit 5: UPDATE: bug was fixed, see the first post.

Edit 4: nevermind
    Last edited by Radegast; 11th Apr 2012 at 10:37. Reason: server crash fixed

Don't forget to test it with ETnam mod. Thank you

Fix the "Power of 2 Scaled" Bug

remove this code @render/tr_image.c
    Code:
    #ifdef CHECKPOWEROF2
    	if ( ( ( width - 1 ) & width ) || ( ( height - 1 ) & height ) ) {
    		Com_Printf( "^1Image not power of 2 scaled: %s\n", name );
    		return NULL;
    	}
    also

@qcommon/qfiles.h
    Code:
    #define BSP_VERSION         47
    delete this, play any IDTech3 maps
    Last edited by Gir; 16th Apr 2012 at 17:30.

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    @qcommon/qfiles.h
    Code:
    #define BSP_VERSION         47
    delete this, play any IDTech3 maps
    Its little more then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dushan View Post
    Its little more then that.
    Ah yes forgot, can't remember the location in the code, I did accomplish g this in my old ETGold mod
    http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/s...old-2-71/page2

I read power-of-2 textures was better looking in IDTech3 because in other format they're stretched or downsized by the engine at each image loading, which can eat some resources?

Quote Originally Posted by Mateos View Post
    I read power-of-2 textures was better looking in IDTech3 because in other format they're stretched or downsized by the engine at each image loading, which can eat some resources?
    Wolfenstien ET is the only IDTech3 game that blocks non power-of-2 textures, otherwise you get black/yellow when loading Quake 3 Maps, Quake 3 uses them alot.

Most Recent Awards:

Wolfenstien ET is the only IDTech3 game that blocks non power-of-2 textures, otherwise you get black/yellow when loading Quake 3 Maps, Quake 3 uses them alot.
    Sorry, I dont think that you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by VS|wArRiOr View Post
    Don't forget to test it with ETnam mod. Thank you
    Just did and I haven't encountered any bugs so far. Really nice mod btw.

To tell you the truth I know absolutely nothing about this stuff, so I'll read that article and educate myself.

play any IDTech3 maps
    Since you've done it before in ETGold, you could join us and supply a patch for ET:L?
    http://www.etlegacy.com - Updated version of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for Windows, linux, Mac OS X, AROS and OpenBSD

Its need for backwards compatibility with Q3/RTCW Maps, you could then potentially play RTCW MP maps in ET

Quote Originally Posted by Radegast View Post
    Since you've done it before in ETGold, you could join us and supply a patch for ET:L?
    Guess i have to download Visual C++ 2010 again
    Last edited by daz2007; 19th Apr 2012 at 13:30.

Here is a Typo fix @ tr_shader.c

https://github.com/id-Software/Enemy...er/tr_shader.c

Line 1034 should be
    Code:
     if ( stage->alphaGen == AGEN_IDENTITY ) {
    Line 1998 should be
    Code:
    if ( stages[0].alphaGen == AGEN_WAVEFORM )

There is lots of redundant/useless stuff in the renderer that should be removed

e.g. tr_init.c

Code:
    cvar_t *r_ext_NV_fog_dist;
    cvar_t *r_nv_fogdist_mode;

cvar_t *r_ext_ATI_pntriangles;
    cvar_t *r_ati_truform_tess;         //
    cvar_t *r_ati_truform_normalmode;   // linear/quadratic
    cvar_t *r_ati_truform_pointmode;    // linear/cubic

ATi Tessellation code that never worked c
    Code:
    //----(SA)      added
    void (APIENTRY *qglPNTrianglesiATI)(GLenum pname, GLint param);
    void (APIENTRY *qglPNTrianglesfATI)(GLenum pname, GLfloat param);
    /*
    The tessellation level and normal generation mode are specified with:

void qglPNTriangles{if}ATI(enum pname, T param)

If <pname> is:
                    GL_PN_TRIANGLES_NORMAL_MODE_ATI -
                            <param> must be one of the symbolic constants:
                                    - GL_PN_TRIANGLES_NORMAL_MODE_LINEAR_ATI or
                                    - GL_PN_TRIANGLES_NORMAL_MODE_QUADRATIC_ATI
                            which will select linear or quadratic normal interpolation respectively.
                    GL_PN_TRIANGLES_POINT_MODE_ATI -
                            <param> must be one of the symbolic  constants:
                                    - GL_PN_TRIANGLES_POINT_MODE_LINEAR_ATI or
                                    - GL_PN_TRIANGLES_POINT_MODE_CUBIC_ATI
                            which will select linear or cubic interpolation respectively.
                    GL_PN_TRIANGLES_TESSELATION_LEVEL_ATI -
                            <param> should be a value specifying the number of evaluation points on each edge.  This value must be
                            greater than 0 and less than or equal to the value given by GL_MAX_PN_TRIANGLES_TESSELATION_LEVEL_ATI.

An INVALID_VALUE error will be generated if the value for <param> is less than zero or greater than the max value.

Associated 'gets':
    Get Value                               Get Command Type     Minimum Value                                                              Attribute
    ---------                               ----------- ----     ------------                                                               ---------
    PN_TRIANGLES_ATI                                                IsEnabled   B           False                                       PN Triangles/enable
    PN_TRIANGLES_NORMAL_MODE_ATI                    GetIntegerv Z2          PN_TRIANGLES_NORMAL_MODE_QUADRATIC_ATI          PN Triangles
    PN_TRIANGLES_POINT_MODE_ATI                             GetIntegerv Z2          PN_TRIANGLES_POINT_MODE_CUBIC_ATI                       PN Triangles
    PN_TRIANGLES_TESSELATION_LEVEL_ATI              GetIntegerv Z+          1                                                                                       PN Triangles
    MAX_PN_TRIANGLES_TESSELATION_LEVEL_ATI  GetIntegerv Z+          1                                                                                       -

*/
    //----(SA)      end
    Code:
    //----(SA)      added
    	r_ext_ATI_pntriangles    = ri.Cvar_Get("r_ext_ATI_pntriangles", "0", CVAR_ARCHIVE | CVAR_LATCH | CVAR_UNSAFE);           //----(SA) default to '0'
    	r_ati_truform_tess       = ri.Cvar_Get("r_ati_truform_tess", "1", CVAR_ARCHIVE | CVAR_UNSAFE);
    	r_ati_truform_normalmode = ri.Cvar_Get("r_ati_truform_normalmode", "GL_PN_TRIANGLES_NORMAL_MODE_LINEAR", CVAR_ARCHIVE | CVAR_UNSAFE);
    	r_ati_truform_pointmode  = ri.Cvar_Get("r_ati_truform_pointmode", "GL_PN_TRIANGLES_POINT_MODE_LINEAR", CVAR_ARCHIVE | CVAR_UNSAFE);

r_ati_fsaa_samples = ri.Cvar_Get("r_ati_fsaa_samples", "1", CVAR_ARCHIVE | CVAR_UNSAFE);                       //DAJ valids are 1, 2, 4
    c
    Last edited by Gir; 19th Apr 2012 at 17:57.

I have some great news to share with you. First, we have new developer Sol, so you can expect features from his ETeng project to be added into Enemy Territory: Legacy soon!

Next, ET:L Beta 5 was released, so check out the first post of this topic or head to http://etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/files and test it.

LINUX: There is now a statically linked binary for linux! I thought it was really easy to compile ET:L on various distributions, but that's true only for Gentoo and Arch, other (64bit) distributions are (were) a nighmare when it comes (came) to compiling ET:L.

2.70 (beta 5) released (see the first post of this topic)
    • commands can now be executed ingame from the system terminal on unix
    • added minimize command (minimizes window into the taskbar)
    • added Dushan's anti-DDoS security fix
    • cleaned up the code and added LOTS of security fixes
    • premake doesn't force you to compile deps dynamically anymore

Quote Originally Posted by daz2007 View Post
    Guess i have to download Visual C++ 2010 again
    Unfortunately, building ET:L with Visual Studio is... problematic right now You will be able to do it if you are experienced with VS though (it took me two days to figure out but I haven't used this shi**y IDE before). I use mingw to compile it on windows.
    http://www.etlegacy.com - Updated version of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for Windows, linux, Mac OS X, AROS and OpenBSD