Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: ET: Legacy

Re: ET: Legacy

As suggested by acQu, I added a possibility to mute sound when the game is minimized or not active in case of windowed mode. This behaviour is controlled by two new cvars: s_muteWhenMinimized and s_muteWhenUnfocused. 0=sound, 1=mute. s_muteWhenMinimized will default to 1 in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykorgasm View Post
    Works well on nq & etpub but I tried join a couple of jaymod servers but it stopped at awaiting connection and just kept on counting
    When I said 99% of mods are now compatible I was being a little too optimistic. It turns out the newest siLenT mod is compatible while the newest Jaymod isn't. See mod compatibility list (and add your own observations if you have SF.net account).

Quote Originally Posted by Psykorgasm View Post
    Also it's nice to be able to drop the console down and get the mouse out the game during connection.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll improve mouse untrapping while in windowed mode in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateos View Post
    Here only in windowed mode; I use it for mapping purposes, so I can easily switch between game and fix stuff in editor. I think in fullscreen I can't move the gun, only with one mod or two the gun is still moving when moving mouse while console is opened...
    Oh, I misread this. I thought you wrote you have mouse problems when in windowed mode, so scratch the following: I created a workaround for this in beta 2. Please test it and report back. As I said it is just a workaround and not a real fix. Windowed mode should now work better for map testing, etc. but it is not yet player friendly.

Are you running the game on Linux or Windows, Mateos? I think Psykorgasm had a similar issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonji View Post
    Weird, ET 2.60b gives me more FPS than ETL
    That is not good. But I did not change anything in the renderer code yet! So far the builds I provided were compiled on linux, contained debug symbols and weren't optimized at compile time in any way whatsoever (this will start with the first stable version). But honestly, I don't think it could have any noticeable impact on the performance Or could it?

Quote Originally Posted by morsik View Post
    Hey. I just discovered, that GUID is incompatible with original's ET. ... so people will get XP reset when connect with ET: Legacy...
    Not true. If you earned any XP already, that means you already have an etkey generated. If you copy that key from your W:ET installation to ET:L then it will be used instead of generating a new key. So you will keep your XP.

It was just fast look, but if i can help, tell me.
    Of course you can! As you can see from this thread I am in desperate need of help. I'll create a wiki page about this.
    Last edited by Radegast; 17th Feb 2012 at 13:33.

Indloon, I recently moved from Makefile to premake4 and visual studio configuration is not finished yet. I'll add it over the weekend, so you can start looking at it. Wish you luck.

I'm under Windows 7 32bits.

When I leave the game with console opened or by reducing it with ETMinimizer, I have not the sound with vanilla ET :/ And when I retake it it plays, so dunno why some have still the sound when not the active window...

Ok, we will resolve this using PMs, so that we don't spam the forum too much. But I would like to stress out one thing - you do not need etminimizer. In fact you should not use any minimizer with ET:L as it is able to be minimized out of the box.

Hey. I just discovered, that GUID is incompatible with original's ET. I've made code that gives the same GUID when using ETXreaL as PB gave.

Prove (last 8 chars of cl_guid):
    etlegacy gives me: 26944D60
    etwolf: 7C16B513
    etxreal (my code): 7C16B513

It's quite different, so people will get XP reset when connect with ET: Legacy...

It was just fast look, but if i can help, tell me.
    I did not look into it deep either, but i can confirm this. The problem should be, that etl does a length check on the key (as i saw in ioquake code somewhere, deep inside a revision), and creates its own when the length of the key is not X bytes or so. You can check this by yourself that it creates a new key, by just pasting one from etkey.org into etkey folder, and start etl. It then entirely overwrites the old one, and creates the guid based on the new one.

However, do not take anything i say for granted. I am just an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Indloon View Post
    I'm not lazy tomorrow,I will install DX SDK and start to make some lighting changes(which are zomg,worst thing of Q3) on ET:L

Hope so!
    Gives great experience at OpenGL programming.
    Cannot wait Show me zi lights

Quote Originally Posted by Mateos View Post
    I'm under Windows 7 32bits.

When I leave the game with console opened or by reducing it with ETMinimizer, I have not the sound with vanilla ET :/ And when I retake it it plays, so dunno why some have still the sound when not the active window...
    I have Win7 64 bit, but that should not matter. I use ALT+TAB for minimizing, as this was the issue about. When i am out the game, i can clearly hear sound. Maybe it is some configuration. I have pretty much vanilla et configuration.

edit: oh, i just read this.

Ok, we will resolve this using PMs, so that we don't spam the forum too much. But I would like to stress out one thing - you do not need etminimizer. In fact you should not use any minimizer with ET:L as it is able to be minimized out of the box.
    So open discussion is over

Quote Originally Posted by acQu View Post
    I did not look into it deep either, but i can confirm this. The problem should be, that etl does a length check on the key
    (as i saw in ioquake code somewhere, deep inside a revision)
    Yes, you are absolutely right. I took the iquake's implementation without any modifications. Sorry, morsik. The size check will be removed in the next release.

When i am out the game, i can clearly hear sound. Maybe it is some configuration. I have pretty much vanilla et configuration.
    Go into the console and execute "s_muteWhenMinimized 1" This will automute sound when the game is minimized and it will be the default behaviour as I you requested.

So open discussion is over
    No, not at all. ET:L has been the top topic in this forum for the past several days and I just don't want people thinking I want to steal all the attention

No, not at all. ET:L has been the top topic in this forum for the past several days and I just don't want people thinking I want to steal all the attention
    Ah

*10chars*

At debugging,I noticed the problem what acQu(nice new name ) said.

Double keys are ignored which causes non-open or write.

However,UI scripts are working fine in that case! (onEsc/onEnter).

Not true. If you earned any XP already, that means you already have an etkey generated. If you copy that key from your W:ET installation to ET:L then it will be used instead of generating a new key. So you will keep your XP.
    I know, I used the same etkey between ET Wolf, ET:XreaL and ET:Legacy. But only ET:Legacy gives wrong

Morsik,
    I did not look into it deep either, but i can confirm this. The problem should be, that etl does a length check on the key (as i saw in ioquake code somewhere, deep inside a revision), and creates its own when the length of the key is not X bytes or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radegast View Post
    Yes, you are absolutely right. I took the iquake's implementation without any modifications. Sorry, morsik. The size check will be removed in the next release.
    To tell you the truth, at first I didn't believe you much. Shame on me. But after seeing the source code of ETPub I would very much like to use their way of handling etkey. The problem is their source is released under the original SDK License agreement, which is not compatible with GPL. The files dealing with this were not part of the original SDK, so maybe I could ask the ETPub maintainer to double-license them?

Anyway, I have just received my exam results and I won't be sober in the next couple of days, so don't expect the next release this week

Check Com_MD5FileETCompat in src/engine/qcommon/md5.c from ETXreaL. It's my port of guid system (i found it somewhere on the net). Works works correctly even 64bit mode. Of course, you need to change some more things, but this is base function of generating MD5 from etkey file.

Well, basically cl_guid is not MD5ed etkey file, but only some part of it are going to MD5.

Quote Originally Posted by Radegast View Post
    When I said 99% of mods are now compatible I was being a little too optimistic. It turns out the newest siLenT mod is compatible while the newest Jaymod isn't. See mod compatibility list (and add your own observations if you have SF.net account).
    My bad, I think I commented about that after you'd put that up, I'd just been going to the last comment and missed any changes in your OP, it was your beta1 with the mouse capture problem btw (from then I was just pulling the sources instead) not the beta2 which you had listed/uploaded before I wrote the comment, fail on my part!

Do you have any idea what it is stopping the compatibility with jaymod 2.2.0? There are quite a few popular "top" servers running it, as far as I know with my limited knowledge on the subject, you wont ever get etpro working with it, but if possible at all you could claw back a good amount of servers with jay2.2 compat.

Is there any way to fix "Invalid .pk3 files referenced" error in ET:L? Or it has been fixed already?
    Last edited by Dragonji; 2nd Sep 2012 at 12:04.

Radegast: here is my patch for cl_guid pb-like: https://github.com/morsik/war-territ...259c34fbdedfea
    Last edited by morsik; 26th Feb 2012 at 18:43. Reason: changed url to commit - i created repo again because uncrustify ****ed up previous code

Psykorgasm: I concur, Jaymod support is crucial, but unfortunately I have no idea why it doesn't work. :-(

Dragonji: I don't think I ever encountered that error. But I play mainly on my favourite server and I'm relatively new to this game as well. I'll look into it.

Radegast: here is my patch for cl_guid pb-like: https://github.com/morsik/war-territ...b30bf5ba10fba5
    Awesome. And the other changes at your repo look nice too!

I see you are a FreeBSD user, morsik. Did you manage to compile the game using clang?
    Last edited by Radegast; 25th Feb 2012 at 23:26.

I installed FreeBSD on VirtualBox just for server testing.
    I compiled mod code (etmain) with clang using my CMakeLists.txt: https://github.com/morsik/warpig Here are also some fixes for clang warnings. This is etmain with very small fixed in this repo, i didn't have time to do mod
    But i didn't tried to compile game server/client with clang. I'll try when i write CMake config.

And about 32 color codes on terminal, here's screenshot from actual game: http://wstaw.org/m/2012/02/24/2012-0...1054_scrot.png (uses very-very-similar colors like in-game console)

ET:L beta 3 is out (see the first post of this thread) and it is the last release I'd been working on... alone. acQu has provided important testing and bug reporting and Morsik will be a developer of this project from now on - so it is no longer a one man show. I would also like to thank Dushan for his advice and KeMoN for drawing my attention to the Project: Bug fix (expect this great work to be gradually incorporated into ET:L).

Edit: and JFYI we will be moving the project from sf.net to github in the future

Check CleanET

All bugs fixed/bot code removed.

Do you have any link to repo? I can't find it. Google shows me "Cleanet - Webdesign" :D

Quote Originally Posted by Indloon View Post
    Check CleanET

All bugs fixed/bot code removed.
    Well, not much to check there, really Maybe the changelog will help here most, to get a grasp of what was done. The repo itself does not contain any useful information regarding the commit messages. Only a few minor changes with explanatory commit messages so far. The changelog of version 0.3.4 is probably the most worthy to watch, if you are going to do things at the dll/SDK side of the code. Maybe you can get some information out of there. Or simply ask me. It was never finished though, lots of more things were planned, e.g. LUA support, etpro mapscripting support.

Just wanted to mention that, since it got mentioned by Indloon. Not want to steal any attention here.

Do you have any link to repo? I can't find it. Google shows me "Cleanet - Webdesign"
    As said, maybe some useful stuff can be found in the changelog of the version 0.3.4. Here the download link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cet/...atest/download
    Last edited by acQu; 27th Feb 2012 at 16:59.