Splash Damage in 2012 - A Message From Paul Wedgwood

(Locki) #1

A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=919]Splash Damage in 2012 - A Message From Paul Wedgwood[/drupal]

We’ve enjoyed a fantastic first 10 years at Splash Damage and we’re looking forward to an even more exciting future. A huge part of this is due to you - our fans - so in this update, I’d like to give you a quick glimpse of what you can expect from us this year.

(Mustang) #2

New titles… plural?
Exciting indeed :smiley:

Hopefully still focusing on true FPS not this role-playing FPS type thing that seems to be going around at the moment…

(DarkangelUK) #3

Awesome, the gap between ETQW release and learning about Brink was 2 years, glad we don’t have to wait quite as long to learn about what’s coming up next from SD \o/

(Pytox) #4

ETQW LIVE c’mon just do it :stroggbanana::tongue:

(tokamak) #5

Affirmation is always nice. Now I wish I could be a part of all that more than ever.

@Pytox, let’s have W:ETLIVE first and then use the momentum to boost that vibrant community into ETQWlive.

[QUOTE=Mustang;391816]New titles… plural?
Exciting indeed :D[/QUOTE]

Also a bit scary.

Though, it’s not unwise for an independent developer to have a small indie game project as these can prove to be sudden hits at a relative low cost. I really hope that’s how it will work out for Futuremark with their Unstoppable Gorg.

(Indloon) #6

Well this made me horny :smiley:

(tokamak) #7

Wow. One reputation add gave two stars in one go.

(Paul) #8

I smell ETv2

(Dormamu) #9

Great stuff, i hope your next decade to be full with success and great achievements, and to here some news about MP for Doom, a Brink sequel/new IP and some iPhone/Android games :smiley:
Also i have two questions:" What is Chris doing under that table?" :smiley: and
If the pixel in the back of the photo with white shirt is you, then, you are getting thin Locki, what’s happening? Stress, gym or lack of beer and xbox controller? :smiley:

(MoonOnAStick) #10

Well this has piqued my interest. An Android/iOS title could be cool (though not if it controls like this.) Personally, I would love ET style multiplayer for Doom 4, so announce that. :smiley: Anyway, best of luck with your endeavours.

tokamak, looking forward to that Futuremark space-based shooter they trailed last year. Such a shame that Shattered Horizon couldn’t maintain a player base.

(Dthy) #11

Android and iPhone/iPad exclusives :smiley:

(brinco1971) #12

Sounds good, Paul, but until you guys implement proper LAN support for Brink, your word has no value for us.

(phoen1x) #13

Great news!!:penguin: Please, if u advertise single player like u did before releasing BRINK, u better make real single player, not with bots. Good luck!:penguin:

(Dragonji) #14

Ah, ET2… Dreaming is not prohibited (yet - see ACTA) :smiley:

(Raga) #15

Great news, we are ready to write on our sites in Italy :smiley:

(retsy) #16

demand more words

kthxbai <3

(light_sh4v0r) #17

Congrats on the 10 years, good luck with the next 10 :slight_smile:
Now get us a solid game instead of the smacktalk :mad:

(Scrupus) #18

Congrats with the 10 years, looking forward to see what you will announce next - within weeks, not months yes? :slight_smile:

Unexplored new spaces hmm - do I smell some HTML5 version of TapirWars (or similar) on the horizon? :infiltrator:

(Velas) #19

We want ETQW2!!!

(Slade05) #20

Facebook horror is what you`ll get, ahahaha.