Rtcw Master Server

(|V|AJ) #1

NOOO is this the end of wolf RTCW and ET ?
The master server is down again :eek: What can be done? Not sure who maintains the master but can splash damage help us.

(Indloon) #2

Id Software guys take care of that,but lets see what will happen tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:
Since its end of week.

(Xeodus) #3

Man - I reinstall RTCW for the first time in years and the master server list dies! Boooooooo! :stuck_out_tongue: Fix please Id!

(OmegaSupreme) #4

Please fix it! Thanks :slight_smile:

(Virus047) #5

Ugh. This is annoying. I wanted to play some beach myself…

(|V|AJ) #6

:rolleyes: Its not looking good!! still down I use qtracker but really this will kill rtcw :frowning:
Is the another way?

Ive have sent a email to id software but no reply!! Maybe if everyone sent a email it might help…

(diaboliksmart) #7

Wich adress-mail did u use to contact ID Software, please ?
I want to talk to them xD
I’m not an Anonymous, but I’d like to Grrrrrrr :mad:

(TheSgtBilko) #8

This is bad :frowning:

(vicpas) #9

Try to post something here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/carmack.john, maybe John do something.

(|V|AJ) #10

Hello

We thank you for your interest in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Unfortunately the servers for the game have been discontinued. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best Regards,

Steven R.

(|V|AJ) #11

my reply!!
Hi is there anyway we could use master3.idsoftware.com & wolfmaster.idsoftware.com and have it redirct to a diffrent server? Could you let the community have the software you where using? Regards

(-SSF-Sage) #12

Trackbase admin Paul created a workaround, maybe he can help RTCW too.

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31768-Unofficial-Server-List-Fix

(trAnc3) #13

[QUOTE=|V|AJ;391598]my reply!!
Hi is there anyway we could use master3.idsoftware.com & wolfmaster.idsoftware.com and have it redirct to a diffrent server? Could you let the community have the software you where using? Regards[/QUOTE]
Good idea, would be cool, if they could make redirect to Pauls master

(Dragonji) #14

[QUOTE=|V|AJ;391596]Hello

We thank you for your interest in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Unfortunately the servers for the game have been discontinued. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best Regards,

Steven R.[/QUOTE]
And what about ET?

(Paul) #15

Gonna see if we can do this to for RtCw as well

(TheSgtBilko) #16

[QUOTE=|V|AJ;391596]Hello

Best Regards,

Steven R.[/QUOTE]

“Unfortunately” wow, I’m sure they saved a ton on money doing that.
Give my regards to Steven R. (whoever he is) and thank them for cutting their last die-hard fans out of game.

Jeeeez

(diaboliksmart) #17

ID software thinks we will buy other games in replacement of ET/RTCW
big error : ET/RTCW will die when we will die !

(Indloon) #18

[QUOTE=TheSgtBilko;391611]
Give my regards to Steven R. (whoever he is) and thank them for cutting their last die-hard fans out of game.
Jeeeez[/QUOTE]

Steven R. is co-founder of Raven Software.

But they should’t have access to master ? :o

Even if they have so they should inform SplashDamage for that…?

E:We are talking about RTCW,SD has nothing to do with RTCW…so…

Master God help us with Wolf:ET !!

(jsergio123) #19

[QUOTE=|V|AJ;391598]my reply!!
Hi is there anyway we could use master3.idsoftware.com & wolfmaster.idsoftware.com and have it redirct to a diffrent server? Could you let the community have the software you where using? Regards[/QUOTE]

I be happy to host it but I am sure they would never do this.

(tombombodil) #20

I hope the Wolfenstein main server gets back up, I am too hooked on it to go elsewhere. Look forward to seeing you soon on the beach invasion