BRINK 2, what are your hopes for the future?.

(GR0MIT) #1

Hi guys i have been away for some time playing Battlefield 3, Starcraft 2 and Modern Warfare 3, 2 of which i wish i never bought to be honest, I’ll let you guess which ones.

So here’s a wish list of what i would like to see in BRINK 2 should the devs grace us with another installment of BRINK, personally i think we need a game other than CoD to fill the void it has created on PC, and I’m sure the devs have learned from their mistakes.

1. More maps.
  2. More game types, TDM, CTF, DOM as well as the Campaign mode, yea I know allot of you will say NO because you think this is a tactical game, the reason it died is because of the zero variety in game types and you know this to be true.
  3. Larger player count on the servers, 24 on Console and 48 on PC, sorry console guys but if you have more lag is created, PC dedicated servers can easily handle the load.
  4. More guns.
  5. More body/clothing customization.
  6. Keep the body types or implement a weapon weight system, don’t try and do both.
  7. Increase what the SMART can do.
  8. SMART enhancing perks.
  9. Some much needed optimization.
  10. Bring it out midsummer so as not to contend with Call of Duty or Battlefield, doing so would be financial suicide.

BRINK 2 has the ability to kill Call of Duty on PC as the latest release of Call of Duty has seriously pissed the PC guys off, we’ve had enough of all the good stuff being removed like console access, modtools, lean, FOV adjustment etc etc. Call of Duty should be shot in the head at point blank and I think BRINK 2 could be the one holding the gun. While CoD was a great game it’s turned into simple shooter for even simpler people of very mediocre ability, the game rewards them for playing like crap, if you play bad you shouldn’t be rewarded, not being rewarded is what makes you want to be better, by being better you skill set increases and so does the fun factor, you don’t need to be a pro of course just competent enough not to suck balls.

While battlefield 3 had allot of potential it was released in such a buggy state that for allot is was pretty much unplayable, half of the community can play this game but the other half can’t, allot of people simply don’t have pc’s with even the minimum requirements, how it has fared on console I can’t say but I have heard that the console guys are annoyed about having so few people to play against. The game does look great and the bullet mechanics are a good idea but unfortunately they are poorly implemented as Client Smoothing in the DICE engine has always crippled the battlefield games in my opinion, the hitreg is horrid and unpredictable, one day it’s spot on the next it’s complete bollocks.

To sum up I hope BRINK 2 gets even more excited than the original did, probably the last game to actually make me count the days. Months until it’s release, while I was disappointed with the game state when it was released I saw SOOOOOOO much potential to create a huge gaming community with a parkour movement system, something the FPS genre sorely needed, an injection of originality. Allot of people bashed the style of the game but I loved it, when you looked at brink you knew it was brink, you can’t mistake it for anything else as I for one do not want this game to mimic brown military shooter 9000, I want it to stand out and flex its oversized body and kick CoD square in the gonads, bots as a general rule are pretty stupid but sometimes the bots in this game would surprise me from time to time and actually behaved like people sometimes.

I hope this BRINK 2 delivers and that the teams behind it stick to the core design but add game types, maybe modtools with dev approved maps or even maps the community makes alongside the devs, best ones get published with the signature of the author, **** like that.

Here’s hoping we’re on the BRINK of a new major power house FPS game.

(KAS--Will) #2

Truer words have never been said.
Just look at League of Legends. Bunch of pissed off people. So pissed they don’t know who to blame. Their dog, the developers, the team? But still the most played game I know of.

(RT1) #3

The only thing I’ve ever complained about in this game are the soldiers who abuse knockdown properties by spamming the molotov and heavy grenades at you as their first resort. It ruins the game for me, to be honest. I could name the worst offenders on the PC side of things, but it wouldn’t serve any point.

You could be one of the best players in the game but end up derped to death by a flame-augmented knockdown before you’ve even let off a shot. Now if the weapon shield had tanking properties to benefit mediums and heavies by preventing knockdowns, that would even things up greatly and give folks the incentive to use it more. Forget about the lights; they’re too mobile and have access to too much ammo in one clip (if they equip the drum, which they almost always do).

(Ragoo) #4

OP is just bull****. More this, more that. This game doesn’t need more, more, more. In fact I think it just needs less.

The game needed more concentration on the absolute core of what makes a good FPS and a good Enemy Territory game.
When I think back to this game I just have this feeling that it just had many small bugs and lack of ESSENTIAL features for the hardcore base and lots and lots of fancy **** (lots of customization of weapons and looks) to cater to the mainstream. Same for weapons and movement, moving away from the movement and weapon behavior of the old ET games, going in some mainstream direction with some little fancy SMART on top.

For me this was mostly taking the ET gametype and trying to squeeze it into some CoD type modern day movement/weapon system to please all the kiddies and make dollah, meanwhile forgetting how to make a polished and bugfree multiplayer experience.
In the end neither the mainstream nor the hardcore base liked it for good reason.

Next time please ****ing get all the essentials right, including spectator friendliness etc since I still believe ET makes for a good and unique esport.
Also less focus on fancy **** and story etc. Really not what ET needs. Movement/weapons closer to ET. In fact just make it rly close to ET, cos you know, that game had a big loyal fanbase.
Work with good mapmakers during alpha/beta also maybe. I don’t get why dev teams barely do that. Experienced mapmakers know their ****.

/rantoff

(Nail) #5

We’re Splash Damage fans, W:ET made online gaming for me, I just want a new version of THAT game

(TheJamesSliceCo) #6

Haven’t read all the posts for this subject, (trying to look for a job) but has anyone mention third person? Like GRFS (I have regrets that this game also will be falling by the wayside,) it would add something to Brink 2.

(XkillerX4444) #7

I think everything you said is right i’m tired of all the straight up same games i want something different BRINK was way different and i think it introduced a new type of game play more movement more objectives the ONLY thing i barley dont like about brink is that the campighn is short but after all the game is ment for muiltyplayer.

I also think they should come out with another one but. what would the story line be?

(gromit69) #8

I really do hope they revive this game in the form of BRINK 2 or even in a similar way in Dirty Bomb.

(Papanowel) #9

I just hope for a less catastrophic buggy start and optimized. I think that’s why the game didn’t last as expected :frowning:

(H0RSE) #10

[QUOTE=XkillerX4444;436906]I think everything you said is right i’m tired of all the straight up same games i want something different BRINK was way different and i think it introduced a new type of game play more movement more objectives the ONLY thing i barley dont like about brink is that the campighn is short but after all the game is ment for muiltyplayer.

I also think they should come out with another one but. what would the story line be?[/QUOTE]
The story line could continue from the first game, depending on which faction you choose when you being, would determine which storyline you continue from. I would also like to see a prequel storyline. Like when the founders were welcoming civilians onto the Ark. Show how the Ark begins to deteriorate, resources dwindle and society breaks down. Show how the Resistance was formed, and how Security began to become more and more authoritarian.

With SD operating independently, it will likely result higher quality products. Not only can they take all the time they want to develop, they also do not have to conform or sacrifice any ideas to please publishers. If BRINK 2 were released by SD (or “BRIINK” as some devs joked about) I wouldn’t be worried about it not being “finished” when they released it. Sadly though, I think bethesda owns the rights. I thing SD only owns the SMART system tech.

(wolfnemesis75) #11

Er, was cruising along and … are there plans for more Brink?

(MikeyTWolf) #12

Yeah, it’s called Dirty Bomb.

As said above, Bethesda would own the IP so there’s zero chance of a Brink 2.
That said, like another particular development team taking things into their own hands, there’s no reason why they can’t make a “spiritual sequel” that is exactly the same but A) better B) everything it was meant to be and C) the name and exact setting.

Dirty Bomb has two differently opposing sides based on politics, a class based system and very similar HUD/gun feel, with a heavy focus on attack/defend.

Only thing not in seems to be parkour, but then that wasn’t really a strong point of Brink in the first place, all it did was make aiming a pain in the arse while not giving any tactical advantage in return.

(wolfnemesis75) #13

[QUOTE=MikeyTWolf;444502]Yeah, it’s called Dirty Bomb.

That said, like another particular development team taking things into their own hands, there’s no reason why they can’t make a “spiritual sequel” that is exactly the same but A) better B) everything it was meant to be and C) the name and exact setting.

Dirty Bomb has two differently opposing sides based on politics, a class based system and very similar HUD/gun feel, with a heavy focus on attack/defend.

Only thing not in seems to be parkour, but then that wasn’t really a strong point of Brink in the first place, all it did was make aiming a pain in the arse while not giving any tactical advantage in return.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I hear you. Dirty Bomb looks cool, and looks to be a spiritual successor. I am just greedy, and liked the Mythos of Brink; the ark and post apocalyptic setting. I realize that Dirty Bomb looks more grounded in present day warfare, which many really like. But I prefer some kind of futuristic element, like the world is on the brink, and humanity is trying to survive. Oh well.

(Commander_Keen) #14

well said wolf man I too prefer the sci-fi or futuristic settings not WWII and not based on modern day.

The only thing that could have made BRINK more perfect is maybe a cover system.

v v v did any trolls respond v v v if =$false maybe forums have finally healed?

(slicepie) #15

dirty bomb

(Jim_di_Griz) #16

I actually quite liked the parkour element in Brink. Interesting to note that Treyarch in Blops II have clumsily tried to use something like that, at least it looked very much like the Brink style of movement when vaulting walls and climbing up onto platforms.

You folks probably already know, but parkour is going to feature heavily in Techland’s game Dying Light. So there is still hope.

(igamr) #17

[QUOTE=MikeyTWolf;444502]Yeah, it’s called Dirty Bomb.

Only thing not in seems to be parkour, but then that wasn’t really a strong point of Brink in the first place, all it did was make aiming a pain in the arse while not giving any tactical advantage in return.[/QUOTE]

Nah nah they can make a story about this remember how the Security leader guy was saying the worlds destroyed there’s nothing left Dirty bomb COULD be a prequel stating how the world got all messed up in brink I mean yeah Brink was Meeeeeh but it was rushed and I kinda liked the game play/story

(felismenari) #18

First and foremost, in order for Brink 2, or any other FPS for that matter to be worth picking up, the artificial bullet spread that destroyed Brink has to be killed off. Set on fire and kicked off a cliff, preferably.

(Mustang) #19

It’s funny how everyone has a different idea of why Brink failed.

(biggyyyb) #20

It doesn’t really matter what people think the reason was for why it failed. It just failed, pure and simple. Even making it free less than 18 months after release couldn’t save it.

I very much doubt SD or anyone (e.g. Bethesda) else will go back for a second bite at the Brink mud pie. You don’t make sequels to anything that flopped (well not the same company anyway).