why does BRINK have so much haters ?

(The Ranger) #1

BRINK is really hated by a lot of people , i just wanted to know why ?

(xAeroAtlas) #2

Well this kinda is the place to do it haha.
People will always have varying opinions, but Brink should never be put off as a **** game or a lazy one. It has alot going for it and really feels like the best in its genre. It knew what it was doing and did it well and to this day I find neat little things about Brink. A game of true subtlety if you ask me. It’s biggest flaw was its technical aspect though for me it looks great and runs well. In truth it really comes down to what was your Brink experience like, cuz if everyone played the brink I play it would be much less controversial.
Also we got Total Biscuit and Rock Paper Shotgun on team Brink and I consider that a win.

(xAeroAtlas) #3

Playing the game or playing other games after Brink left a good taste in their mouth. Not every fan or past enjoyer is accounted for in these random “there’s more of us than you” competitions.

(xAeroAtlas) #4

Same here but if they could they probably would have already. Either way I think Brink does well as a stand alone game though of course I wouldn’t mind some more guns and maps. I mostly just hope that they will make a spiritual sequel to Brink if they can’t get the rights.

(xAeroAtlas) #5

You gotta remember alot of the people who play Brink just play the single player mode. Tis the issue with multiplayer games with a solid offline alternative.

(zenstar) #6

Why are such ancient threads getting necro’ed?

(Ruben0s) #7

Probably because he is bored and has noone else to play with/against except bots. He wants to have an interaction with something else than bots, so he comes to this forum and spams posts in hope to get some reactions from real humans.

/troll

(TruGamer97) #8

[QUOTE=zenstar;408210]Why are such ancient threads getting necro’ed?[/QUOTE] Not that it matters since the Brink section has been dead for a long time.

(DarkangelUK) #9

I liked the part when he replied to random posts yet didn’t quote them so no one can see the context, that part was the best. I was going to mention multi-quote but I think that would just confuse him even more.

(signofzeta) #10

Brink has so many haters because they all want Elliott as our QB instead.

Ok, inside Blue Bomber joke. Only Nail could probably figure it out.

(INF3RN0) #11

Why does Brink have so few players? Discussed too many times. Overall it had to do with unrefined game play mechanics and an overall lack of polished design.

(Humate) #12

square peg, round hole

(tokamak) #13

Try Enemy Territory Quake Wars and everything becomes clear.

(Ruben0s) #14

Because my expectations for the game were way to high. I didn`t know that it is normal to release a game without working sounds. Apart from all the release bugs the gameplay was utterly boring and way to simplified to appeal the masses.

Anyway you could also ask this: Why did the price of brink drop so fast? (60 dollar and now 5 dollar, in 6 months time)
My answer would be that there aint a marked for an game like brink.

(Snotling) #15

<3 Imo that’s all what need to be said.

(Indloon) #16

Try Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory and everything becomes more clear.

(tokamak) #17

The funny thing is that the reason why the ET-demographic doesn’t like it was because it was tailored to suit a bigger market. It’s a really juicy case in terrible, terrible market research and chasing the mother lode.

(wolfnemesis75) #18

The ET crowd are dead-set against Brink as well as many COD players. Neither game affects my opinion, and this may be the similar case for you OP. In that way, you may not understand the hate, similar to myself. I think Brink is a fun game. I also have a great friend’s list now on Xbox because of Brink, and that’s the icing on the cake. Great fun for me on Xbox. This may also be a critical aspect, that I play Brink on console; the controls definitely are more designed for console and the largest install base (although now much less-so) was on Xbox as well. Good luck with it, and glad you dig it too! :slight_smile:

(tangoliber) #19

Brink appeals to a very small target audience inbetween the casual and the hardcore. It was marketed towards everyone though, which created backlash. The marketing should have been more honest about what the game is and what it isn’t. It would have sold less that way, but it probably would have received better.

There is an audience for Brink… not on PC, but on consoles. Its the same audience that Killzone 2 has on PS3 and Shadowrun has/had on the 360. It failed on consoles because matchmaking didn’t work, and most people could only play with bots.

(its al bout security) #20

its a verrrry nichee game thats all. some elements are broken (no bigge) and there seemed to be some fine tuning needed. other than that its really not a bad game, people didnt get their niche or didnt get to understand the game thus= haters gonna hate yah?