New map release: Love duel

(-SSF-Sage) #1

Yo, long time no see! :wink:

In the olden days me and Pegazus used to settle our arguments and have fun in my old Duel sitemap. Some time ago we did this again and went nostalgic. I got an idea to make a duel map out of one of my favorite spots in Capuzzo Airport map…

So here I present you Love duel:

Love duel is a small valley in desert. No objective! Just frag! Intended for 1 on 1,
but suitable for small teams aswell. If you get bored of serious duels,
you can just fool around, play hide and seek or just gather a few friends and
play a game of riflenade war. You decide! Have fun! :wink:

Download here!

(ailmanki) #2

Looking great,
oh it has got no objective :frowning:

(Paul) #3

Looking good, nice fragmap with a small team :slight_smile:

Can’t you make a CTF edition ^^?

More pictures HERE
Mirror HERE

(-SSF-Sage) #4

Thanks Paul! :slight_smile: I actually spend like a dozen hours to make the tank captureable, and had literally everything perfect and ready. Except that 1 min after the first playtest with it I realised it was unbalanced and not fun at all. Then I had a few weeks thinking pause and in the end scrapped it all away within a few minutes and decided to go non objective.

10 hours work gone in 1 min… Had to do it…

(-SSF-Sage) #5

Thanks Paul! :slight_smile: I actually spend like a dozen hours to make the tank captureable, and had literally everything perfect and ready. Except that 1 min after the first playtest with it I realised it was unbalanced and not fun at all. Then I had a few weeks thinking pause and in the end scrapped it all away within a few minutes and decided to go non objective.

10 hours work gone in 1 min… Had to do it…

(Paul) #6

Isn’t it possible to put 2 flags to capture? Then put each others flag around 3/4 to the other side of the encampment?

Then, maybe first to 5 captures wins the map

(-SSF-Sage) #7

Well the problem is that with an objective the map is unbalanced imho because of the layout.