Brink PC is Free to Play Until Sunday Evening

(badman) #1

A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=902]Brink PC is Free to Play Until Sunday Evening[/drupal]

Hot on the heels of the Clans & Tournaments update, we’re excited to announce that the PC version of Brink is currently completely free to play on Steam. You’ll be able to enjoy the full game including all of the new clan features until this Sunday at 9 PM UK time. Better yet, Brink, the Agents of Change add-on pack, and the character customisation packs are all 75% off on Steam during this time, so this is a great time to pick it up if you want to keep playing or are looking to extend your Brink collection.
Head on over to the Steam to kick off your free Brink download!

(mortis) #2

Hmmm. I may have to fire up the PC this evening…

(light_sh4v0r) #3

There we go, will be interesting to see how many people stick with it now that the guns are supposedly right.

(tokamak) #4

Looking forward to the verdict. Either way.

(INF3RN0) #5

I’ll attempt to re-install and get in a game or two this weekend, but a full day of finals on Monday to study for will probably be distracting…

(tangoliber) #6

Awesome. I hope that in 1-2 years time, you guys will just make the game permanently free to play. I think that would be the biggest gift to those of us who bought and still play the game, as it may give Brink the community that it needs.

(.Chris.) #7

How would that benefit those who’ve already paid money to play it exactly?

(BioSnark) #8

human players

(Humate) #9

Taste the magic!

(tangoliber) #10

By providing a larger community to play with.

(tangoliber) #11

By providing a community to play with. In my opinion, developers have a responsibility to do what they can to bring a community to their multiplayer games, so that the people who bought it aren’t stuck with just 1 server.

(.Chris.) #12

I’m not sure making Brink free in 2 years time will do much to bring in players.

(tokamak) #13

Brink is the game the world deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

(tangoliber) #14

In 2 years it might be hard to have even one full server. Making it free would probably help it maintain a couple of active servers.

(silverknux) #15

Releasing Mod tools would do wonders for this game. Then instead of waiting for SD to fix or add things, players will be able to take it into their own hands to make this game as awesome as ET is, or close to it.

(tangoliber) #16

Thats true. Mod tools would be amazing, but doesn’t seem reasonable at this point. I’m amazed that we got demo recording and the clan system.

(tokamak) #17

The mod community killed W:ET.

(.Chris.) #18

It saved it first though, then got cocky and ruined it :frowning:

(tokamak) #19

Granted. There’s been some really high quality maps around.

(Apoc) #20

Game needs a rehaul to be successful, guns still need work, screen is too cluttered (for the normal players who havent mastered use of the console/configs), bodytypes should be switchable in game, or at least at the end of a game, grenades need to be finite or severely nerfed in the recharge department. After game chat still missing, still buggy (just alt tabbed while loading a new map, on the next map 6 of their players were invisible so i had to disconnect/rejoin), damage/kills dont feel/sound/look good or rewarding, and the clips between maps and objs should be skippable.

That is all.