The Sarifan Warriors, BRINK and the Clan update?

(LordofNosgoth) #1

First, let me start by saying the Sarifan Warrior Gaming Clan has always supported BRINK as a clan game. We were so excited to hear about the Clan update for the game, but after reading the patch/update details, we’re wondering in what way did BRINK change to allow Clan play? There’s still no way for players to team up before entering a match and when players invite members of their friends list, they join sides at random. Did we miss something?

The [SfW] is looking for new clan members specifically for BRINK (as well as our other games):

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sarifanwarriors

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/juniorsarifan

And we’d like it if the PC community were included in this BRINK Clans site rankings (apparently available for console). If there is anyone from Splash Damage out there that would like to respond, I know we’d all be glad to hear from you.

Thanks.

(badman) #2

Answers to your questions:

1. The clan update will allow clans to challenge one another via the Brink website. Once a challenge has been accepted, Brink will automatically create a game session (Xbox 360/PS3) / reserve a dedicated server (PC) for the match and issue game invites to both clans. These invites will put people on the correct team.

2. The clan update is coming to all platforms, including PC.

(VG_JUNKY) #3

[QUOTE=badman;386635]Answers to your questions:
2) The clan update is coming to all platforms, including PC.[/QUOTE]
This mindset towards the pc kindof worries me…:o the pc was the 1st successful gaming platform and now developers treat it as a secondary :frowning: (even tho im on ps3 i feel it for the pc guys)

(tangoliber) #4

In this case, PC gets the better end because of the dedicated server. In a console clan match, I wonder how the game decides who hosts? Would it be the first person to join the session?

By the way, the fact that you can see the other clan’s upcoming match times when scheduling is a good idea. Makes agreeing on a time a little easier.

(wolfnemesis75) #5

1. The clan update will allow clans to challenge one another via the Brink website. Once a challenge has been accepted, Brink will automatically create a game session (Xbox 360/PS3) / reserve a dedicated server (PC) for the match and issue game invites to both clans. These invites will put people on the correct team.

2. The clan update is coming to all platforms, including PC.[/QUOTE]Cool. Will be trying it out soon. Got to dust off the guns though, lol. RIF set up on Xbox and we are hoping to do some matches.

(LordofNosgoth) #6

2. The clan update is coming to all platforms, including PC.[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Thank you for the informative response! Much appreciated.