asdf 6v6 Group Phase

(Aristotle) #1

Ok, sorry I waited a little longer than I had planned, but there is a team with only 3 players on it’s roster, was hoping giving them an extra couple days would encourage them to give me the rest of their roster.

Group Phase
The group phase officially begins today, and will run through December 4th. Each team must play every team in their group. At the end of all the matches, the top two teams (based on win/loss ratio) will then advance to the next phase, which will be a single elimination ladder.

Groups (vertical)

Match Scheduling

As I said before, I am leaving it to the team captains to schedule matches. All matches in the group phase have to be played by no later than Wednesday December 4th, 12:00 AM GMT -5. If teams cannot come to agreement with a time to play, I will step in and set a date and time for you to play, so it’s to both team’s advantage to schedule it between themselves.

Servers

I currently have the asdf propub, along with 2 NA match servers and 1 Euro server. If somebody has a TV server they’d like to hook up to one of these, let me know and we’ll see what we can do. Money is just tight right now, and I don’t want to spend all my disposable income on servers, I’d like to keep a good amount set aside for real life emergencies. If both these servers are full, other teams can use their personal server, but the match MUST be running the asdf 6v6 config.

Maps

For every match played, each team will pick one map from the map pool set forth by the asdf admins. Each team can only pick any single map one time, after that they must select a different map for each match. If a tie occurs the third map will be agreed upon by both teams.

Map Pool

Ark
Area 22
Salvage
Radar
Maridia
fastVolcano
fastRefinery
Sewer
Island

(rUBBEN) #2

Thank you aristotle, GL & HF to everyone !

edit: just 1 thing : does a referee have to be there for each match ?

(Aristotle) #3

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;385882]Thank you aristotle, GL & HF to everyone !

edit: just 1 thing : does a referee have to be there for each match ?[/QUOTE]

No, it’s more of a relaxed for fun tourney, and like the NA leagues I’m willing to be relatively relaxed on some things, this being one of them. If there are any issues during the match however, somebody need to just get in contact with me, and if needed send me demos of what the issue was and I will deal with it.

(Aristotle) #4

Also, an update on the servers…

For some reason the names won’t change, everything else should be ok and running, including the custom maps/config/autodownload.

14 Players Private Enemy Territory: Quake Wars [68.232.182.53:27733] - NA Match 1

14 Players Private Enemy Territory: Quake Wars [68.232.182.48:27733] - NA Match 2

14 Players Private Enemy Territory: Quake Wars [217.163.22.143:27733] - Euro

I will be working on figuring out why the names won’t update to what they should be, but until then they should be able to be played on still. If there are any issues that you find, let me know so i can fix it ASAP.

(Snotling) #5

We’ve got the asdf 6v6 cfg running on the Stupidoz server, can we use this serv to play if the euro serv you have is alreday full?

(Brontoz) #6

Snotling if its possible, maybe you can make tv if teams will play on stu servers? I mean if you got asdf cfg, will be much better if people’s can watch most of matches i guess.

(rUBBEN) #7

+1 to brontoz !

(Brontoz) #8

Hello. 40% vs L_M will happen on thursday at 20.00 Paris time.24th of November. Match is confirmed by both sides, so please dont get asd EU server on this time xD

(Snotling) #9

Ok, I’ll ask StupidoGoblin.

(millerq3) #10

Cheers Aristotle

Clan advised of the date all matches are required to be played by.

Gl & HF all

:infiltrator:

(Dthy) #11

Thanks for the train [STU], [JP] and random others! :smiley: Cya in the cup!

(AfroSamuri) #12

Is it ok if i can add mbiii and capanga to Outlawed as subs, or is it to late to make changes to the roster

(Jakoby) #13

((bh)) vs [ZUBR] will take place on wednesday the 23rd at 16:00 GMT, or 4:00pm Central time US

(CfYz) #14

Relaxed? Teams must play nearly 40 matches in 8 days considering that almost all matches usually arranged on weekends because of job time for most players? You’re kiddin’ right? One more week (at least) is a must. And ffs capts and orgs - idle at irc (#asdfcup/Qnet).

(chump) #15

(INF3RN0) #16

Well you inspired a work of art apparently, buuuuuut… if you do the math correctly it’s only 10 matches, not 40… groups of 5= 10 matches total. Relaaaaax buuuuuuuudyyy :).

(chump) #17

looking for scrims pm me

(Jakoby) #18

bh is always open to scrims, maybe on wednesday after our match with ZUBR

(INF3RN0) #19

Awww how cute :slight_smile:

(chump) #20