The COOP mod is under construcion, but need some ltittle help.

(Marvin_hun) #1

Hi,

We are working on the Cooperative Campaign mod for RTCW, here is the site of the mod for further information.

I fixed the 99% of the mapscripts, but I found a problem what I cannot fix by the the map-scripts:

• on map SWF the player starts on a moving elevator. The problem is that the spawning point is fixed, so if a player dies somewhere on the map, he respawns on the top of the “empty” elevator shaft, becuse the elevator is at the bottom. (and the elevator will not go back to the top again + need to be there every time when a player respawns)
  • anyway, I need to change the place of the info_player_spawn entity, without using the map editor. If I remember correctly, in this case of Quake1 bsp-s, we could add an “.ent” file, which was red by the game automatically. So if we inserted a new monster in this ent file with coord…etc., we found them on the map, and there was no need to recompile the whole map. HL1 and HL2 has similar solution with additional “.txt” files.
  • is there any solution for RTCW? I need to remove the existing “info_player_spawn” and make a new one. This is the only problem what I couldn’t fix yet.

Thanks for your help, and please don’t forget to Track our mod on moddb.com!

(PuNkReAS*) #2

I hope the project is completed as soon as possible, waiting with great interest! Good luck and good job! :slight_smile:

(Eugeny) #3
  1. I can offer you all at the degeneration teleport to another place
  2. through hex editor to change the coordinates info_player_spawn

(Marvin_hun) #4

I think the best solution would be the teleport-solution how can I do it exactly?

(Eugeny) #5

I do not know whether it is possible for an event respawn, run teleport function, ie as soon as the player did respawn, teleport to another place.

(Marvin_hun) #6

Hmmm. And can I add it to the script files?

(Eugeny) #7

can probably hook it to ai_marker

(Marvin_hun) #8

Do you mean to teleport the player to an ai_maker? But how can I do that?

(Marvin_hun) #9

The teleport-thing is working, but after a die the player respawns again in the elevator-shaft… :frowning:

(Eugeny) #10

Means to teleport the player after respawn

(Crytiqal) #11

i really hope there will be a windows dedicated server soon… can’t wait to play this ^^

(Marvin_hun) #12

Then don’t forget to track our mod on moddb!

And yes, there will be dedicated server too.

(Crytiqal) #13

Any updates on progress?

How are the map scripts coming along?
How “playable” is it at this state?

Is everything working already on linux for playing?

Im so excited :stuck_out_tongue:

(fretn) #14

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;385925]Any updates on progress?

How are the map scripts coming along?
How “playable” is it at this state?

Is everything working already on linux for playing?

Im so excited :P[/QUOTE]

Its very playable, yesterday i fixed an annoying bug on a dedicated server where the AI didn’t want to walk around, its not a real fix, but a workaround.
A listen server still has the invisible enemies bug for the connected players, I might have a fix in a few days (or not :p)
it works on linux,windows,mac os x

The map scripts should be okay now, as far as I know marvin took care of this.
We also need a better spawn system, now you always respawn at the starting point of the map

But the game still needs a lot of tweaks to be a perfect balanced coop game :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #15

Proper want to make a map for this when it’s done.

(fretn) #16

that would be great!

(Crytiqal) #17

[QUOTE=fretn;385994]Its very playable, yesterday i fixed an annoying bug on a dedicated server where the AI didn’t want to walk around, its not a real fix, but a workaround.
A listen server still has the invisible enemies bug for the connected players, I might have a fix in a few days (or not :p)
it works on linux,windows,mac os x

The map scripts should be okay now, as far as I know marvin took care of this.
We also need a better spawn system, now you always respawn at the starting point of the map

But the game still needs a lot of tweaks to be a perfect balanced coop game :)[/QUOTE]

When do you expect to have a windows dedicated server ready?
I don’t care about the other things :P.

As long as it works when playing. You are not supposed to die anyway ^^

(fretn) #18

the dedicated server is useable, but I don’t want to release binaries now, if you want one, compile it yourself from our google code project page

it needs a few more features before I want to make a release, I can’t say when, because I don’t know when, I don’t have a lot of time to work on it

(fretn) #19

What’s done (and fixed since last release)

• Fixed player animations (Thanks to marvin)
  • No more invisible AI when connected to a listen server
  • Fixed the AI so it walks around on a dedicated server.
  • Fixed the crash on a windows server when loading a map
  • The mapscripts are changed, so you aren’t blocked by objects after a respawn (Thanks to marvin)
  • You can drop weapons and ammo
  • A windows dedicated server
  • You can skip the cutscenes (g_skipcutscenes)
  • Support for the darkplaces masterserver but the server browser doesn’t work yet :slight_smile:
  • Autosave of your location every 30 seconds, this location will be your next spawnpoint (g_autospawn), you can turn this feature off, and let the players use a command to manually save their location as a spawnpoint
  • The menus are coop ready. (Thanks to marvin)

Todo

• Crosshair names
  • Server browser
  • better respawn system
  • notsocoop gameplay mode
  • testing, playtesting, some more testing, …
  • callvote things
  • some scoreboard system (time to complete the map + number of kills, or something) with the possibility to submit it to a central server. (To make it more competitive
  • New maps (we can’t do this ourselves, so if you can map and you have some spare time, join us !)
  • lots more

(kost3k) #20

Hello,
Are you guys planning to add a chat and voicechat to this mod? It would be awesome :smiley:
Anyways, keep up the good work! ; )