Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Punk Buster Legacy Files - Including Quake Wars + question

Talking Re: Punk Buster Legacy Files - Including Quake Wars + question

Quote Originally Posted by DrFunkenstein View Post
    You open the console in the way Donovan described, and I would suggest doing this first:

- Open the console;
    - Type pb_security 0;
    - Press ENTER;
    - Close the console;
    - Connect to a game server.

This way you will download the updates you need directly from the game server and it saves you the hassle of finding where you need to save the files etc. Shouldn't take more then a minute.

Hope this helps!

And Donovan, please check your pms! I need your help with something.

Dr. Funkenstein
    thank you so much that worked!!!!!!
    and thank you donnovan for showing me the keystrokes.
    greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Re: Punk Buster Legacy Files - Including Quake Wars + question

Works only for mac users on non public servers. Whats given so far is not 10.7 proof.

Most Recent Awards:

?

Dr. Funkenstein
    Code:
    fajer, 120m E of Treatment Plant: funk hacks
    ((bh))*MANGINA* Aristotle: ....
    fajer, 120m E of Treatment Plant: i've seen him be a med then a eng
    fajer, 120m E of Treatment Plant: to disarm
    ((bh))*MANGINA* Aristotle, Treatment Plant: thats not a hack
    fajer, GDF Base: i watched funk heal himself then disarm
    fajer, GDF Base: even seen him rocket launch me, then disarm

If i connect to a public server, it restarts my game (like its a mod) and then failes to open the game. Using the pb_security 0 before connecting only works on non public servers (mod servers).

Tried to upgrade from this http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php (version 1.3?)
    Says it should work for ALL MAC users, but the little .app only works on PowerPC's macs (not Intel, 10.5+).
    Last edited by taw_m0nsta; 1st Apr 2012 at 13:28.

Most Recent Awards:

What you are saying is definitely not correct.

There are plenty of people who managed to solve the update problem by simply changing pb_security to zero and reconnecting to our server. We don't run any mods, it's a plain vanilla ranked server and changing the cvar works.

Dr. Funkenstein
    Code:

Ill will give it another try tonight on some other servers.

Tried 3 random servers with real players on it.

Could grab these lines from the console.app:

4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: WARNING: FindDLL in pure mode: game pak not found ( 0xa02f1c18 )
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: ********************
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: FATAL ERROR: couldn't find game dynamic library
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: ********************
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: 8/8/8/8 RGBA bits, 24 depth bits, 8 stencil bits
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: no multisampling
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: vsync: off
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: initializating SDL Joysticks
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: initialized 0 controller(s)
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: --------------- BSE Shutdown ----------------
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: ---------------------------------------------
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: Shutting down sound hardware
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: Shutting down SDL subsystem
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
    4/2/12 9:24:16.868 PM [0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw: Sys_Error: couldn't find game dynamic library
    4/2/12 9:24:16.952 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: ([0x0-0x14c2bc17].com.aspyr.etqw[89481]) Exited with code: 1

Ill will reinstall the game, patch, and give it a second try...

Quote Originally Posted by taw_m0nsta View Post
    Ill will reinstall the game, patch, and give it a second try...
    That did the trick, probably mashed something up when trying it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by taw_m0nsta View Post
    If i connect to a public server, it restarts my game (like its a mod) and then failes to open the game. Using the pb_security 0 before connecting only works on non public servers (mod servers).

Tried to upgrade from this http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php (version 1.3?)
    Says it should work for ALL MAC users, but the little .app only works on PowerPC's macs (not Intel, 10.5+).
    ETQW and therefore the pb files for ETQW are Intel only
    "How about banning basiley for life from this forum?" - AnthonyDA

Quote Originally Posted by Susefreak View Post
    ETQW and therefore the pb files for ETQW are Intel only
    So you are saying Evenbalance should no longer provide this manual update app?
    (If i am correct you need OSX Tiger (PPC) to compile mods for ETQW for OSX)

Screen Shot 2012-04-06 at 5.33.37 PM.jpg

After trying to play some more (not very active in ETQW anymore so I came to this conclusion a little later...) its still giving me the finger if I join most of the active servers (ranked and unranked), yes with pb_security 0 before I connect.

I think I can conclude I can only join servers tha havn't t been restarted yet, so am I right that my Punkbuster is still out to date? Can anyone collect and send me the Punkbuster files for the Mac please?

Most Recent Awards:

We restart our server every couple of days but that doesn't stop it from getting authenticated after every reboot. The way I understand is that if you authenticated your server before the main server went down, you won't experience any problems.

That's probably a slight consolation to you though. Changing pb_security to zero works for most people, but it sometimes seems to fail and I'm not sure what's causing that. I can offer a link to the legacy installer that still includes ETQW in the games list, but I'm not sure if it will be of any use to you. It did help someone who suffered from the same problems as you do, but it's a PC installer and I don't know if it will work on a MAC.

My suggestion would be to find a fellow MAC user and ask him to send the files he's using to you.

Dr. Funkenstein
    Code:

I want to make an apology for buggin you guys with my mac related issue. It seems to work now again. I think there is something in my base folder, probably custom content related that screws it up. After renaming my base folder to base_old, the game created a new directory called base, so I moved up only some configs and now I can join servers again. Thanks for the pointers anyway!

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Donnovan View Post
    Here all the legacy Punk Buster files so you can last update your discontinued Punk Buster game:
    http://www.pbbans.com/forums/files/l...iles-cat7.html

Here the Quake Wars legacy PB file:
    Windows http://www.pbbans.com/forums/files/q...ws-file65.html
    Linux http://www.pbbans.com/forums/files/q...ux-file66.html
    please upload the files to a free server that doesn't require new registration.....
    I had to reformat disc ...and I am sick of the pb_security 0 thing all the timwe... just upload the lastest pb folder to a place where everyone can get it easily since the manually downloaded pb update software is dead for QW and not supported anymore ...
    to get the 1.5 patch was drama enough .... all links here on the "official" side are unbelivable slow or 95% dead ...

support you're games or customer is gone
    Last edited by Oko; 20th May 2012 at 01:23.

Splash Damage can't do that. This is more suitable for a user to do. But you will need to believe this user.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DonnovanBRA Donnovan Youtube Channel.
    http://code.google.com/p/glory-of-the-weak Map Glory of the Weak on Google Code.
    https://twitter.com/DonnovanBR Donnovan Twitter

Well i seem to have a VERY annoying Punkbuster Issue at the moment.. and no way to fix it. Maybe one of you guys could help?

Currently, whenver i get on a Public QW server, IE a Vanilla basic QW server with no mods what so ever, i always get kicked for PnkbsterB.Exe failed.

I have tryed using pb_security 0, pb_sleep 500. I have completely reinstalled my game twice, i had downloaded the Punkbuster Legacy files mentioned in this thread. I have made sure my firewall has the PnkbsterA and B on the allow list. I even went as far as to completely disable my Windows Firewall and uninstall my AVG antivirus to make sure they werent screwing with PunkBuster, and i still got kicked. However, i can go onto the TAW practice servers loaded with QWTA 3.5 and not get kicked at all.

Im open for any suggestions that might help.. Thanks

TAW|Acekiller

Most Recent Awards:

Uninstall pb and install it again, maybe that helps you.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit //Processor: Intel Core i5 3470k @3.4GHZ //Memory: 2x 4GB DDR3 RAM //Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 7870 Black Edition 2GB DDR5 RAM //Screen: ASUS VE247H @ 1920x1080 //Keyboard: Logitech G15 //Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical & Razer Deathadder 3.5G //Mousepad: Razer Goliathus

My Youtube Channel

How would i uninstall/reinstall? pbsetup and pbsvc dont work anymore

TAW|Acekiller

Most Recent Awards:

http://www.tongfamily.com/archives/2...ard-to-remove/

Maybe the other solutions works for you. Some years ago i did it with the pbsvc, never did the first solution.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit //Processor: Intel Core i5 3470k @3.4GHZ //Memory: 2x 4GB DDR3 RAM //Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 7870 Black Edition 2GB DDR5 RAM //Screen: ASUS VE247H @ 1920x1080 //Keyboard: Logitech G15 //Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical & Razer Deathadder 3.5G //Mousepad: Razer Goliathus

My Youtube Channel

hi there!

i just stumbled over the game i wanted to play years ago...unfortunately, since for MAC no work around existed, it required 2 hours of work until i could actually play it online!

opening the console doesn't work for me! i cannot find the right key combination (CTRL+ALT+^ or ' do not work for me), also binding a key in the corresponding .cfg file to {toggle allow_console "1"} doesn't work. so setting "pa_security 0" is a no-go for me obviously, BUT:

this is what WORKED for me on MAC OS 10.6.8 SL (NOT mentioned here already!)

1) goto http://cod22.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-etqw.php and get all the MAC files (pbsec.htm, mc002114.htm, ma001313.htm)
    2) put them into: ~/Library/Application Support/ETQW/sdnet/*PROFILENAME*/pb/htm
    3) start the game, activate PB and join a server - PB files should update now!

if for whatever reason this doesn't happen, here is my PB folder with all the files already downloaded: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17363461/pb.zip

let me know if it works for you! great game!
    (whatever that is)
    Last edited by hexeric; 16th Jul 2012 at 17:42.