[MOD] Return to castle Wolfenstein - Source

(KeMoN) #1

[HR]ATTENTION:
•This is not a mod for the game RtCW but a mod for Day of Defeat: Source!!!
• I’m not part of the development team nor have I anything to do with the mod!!!
[/HR][HR][/HR]
I found this mod while browsing the moddb site.
It is a mod for Day of Defeat source with the goal to bring the Wolfenstein theme to the game.

The reason why I’m opening a thread regarding a mod for a different game is the following:

They want to port (all) RtCW maps for that mod. Who would be better for that work than the original mappers or actual mappers for RtCW?

[HR][/HR]
First trailer/intro: watch it here
Mod-page:rtcw-source

(ronboy) #2

Interesting. I hope this mod will be completed! :slight_smile:

(Eugeny) #3

I too was glad, I think the single will be

(nUllSkillZ) #4

There might be legal issues.

(KeMoN) #5

I’m not part of the team so I don’t know how they are doing that stuff but if you compare those two images of RtCW version of TC-Base and theirs it differs in some parts so maybe they are rebuilding it. I don’t know.

Return to castle Wolfenstein shot of TC-Base[HR][/HR]
Return to castle Wolfenstein - Source shot of “TC-Base”

(FFSturm) #6

Looks like a Remake. IMO looks very dated.(no, i don’t mean about the source engine…) Let’s see how it turns out.

(.Chris.) #7

Wasted effort, move along, that single screenshot shows the quality of the mod, poor.

Ripped textures, wrong scale, misaligned texture work and looks worse than original.

(MrLego) #8

The RTCW shots look better.

Copying a maps source geometry and retexturing it isn’t a step in the right direction or even original.

No wonder the newer games don’t support the mod community anymore.

It’s like TV and Hollywood movies - do we really need another Charlies Angels or a Footloose remake?

Sorry for the mini rant but I have run into too many ET maps with the content ripped from other games or custom maps, without so much as a mention of the source(s), let alone a thank you to someone other than a playtester.
/rant

(FFSturm) #9

I tried to be politically correct, but the game mod pukes 1998.
In my honest opinion, the mod should have at least this quality.

(KeMoN) #10

Well let’s all agree that this mod is not the best thing ever made and let’s keep RtCW up-to-date :tongue:

(Staatmeister) #11

Waste of time. RtCW is much more than just a handful of maps filled with swastikas. Especially when it comes to the multiplayer.

(PuNkReAS*) #12

It looks good, RtCW Source! I hope the project will be Ready!
Black Mesa Source for quite some time working on it…

(vicpas) #13

Unhappily this MOD was deleted from ModDB site.

(ronboy) #14

That’s a shame… :frowning: