Your Favourite Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Moments

(badman) #1

A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=879]Your Favourite Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Moments[/drupal]

To commemorate Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars’ fourth anniversary, we asked you community to send in your favourite ETQW moments and memories, and we’ve had some great responses in the forums, via Splash Damage Twitter and our Facebook page. It wasn’t easy picking just a few select ones from all the submissions and we hope you enjoy reading these as much as we did. Take it away, community:
Seze: Quarry… last 30 seconds of the round. Strogg had just cleared any defenses we (GDF) had left. I was the last alive player in the ship and saw about 7 Strogg approaching, including the carrier of the last Energy Cell. “Well, that’s it…” I thought. “We need a miracle to hold that last push”, when suddenly a Dark Matter Cannon hits the entrance of the ship. Seven team kills for the poor Oppressor and GDF won the round.

(BomBaKlaK) #2

ETQW 2 ? can be a really good news !

(Dthy) #3

ET:QW 2 would be nice, or a game which has the same core elements as ET:QW (5 set classes, no biasing on each team, hell even vehicles!) Maybe that’s why SD have been asking all the community questions wink wink nudge nudge :smiley:

(Runeforce) #4

That gallery IS awesome!

(MoP) #5

lololol, laban’s video - watch and learn! :stroggbanana:

(Also take note of the names of the people who die…) :rolleyes:

(GoldenApe) #6

Apocalypse_Pony’s experience is exactly the reason why I love SD games over anything else. It’s not just the objective based nature of the games that invite players to help each other, but also the great community that is so genuinely friendly and helpful.

So yea, lots of familiar stories, haha. Thanks for sharing everyone!

(light_sh4v0r) #7

Cool :slight_smile:

(badman) #8

This was a lot of fun to put together. Thanks everyone for sending stuff in! Also, tokamak - your image gallery made me giggle quite obnoxiously here in the office, good stuff. :smiley:

(tokamak) #9

Cheers, it was a blast making them. The videos were fun to do as well but I lost them when Vimeo decided to wipe all game videos.

One video involved hitting an armadillo in one of his wheels with a railgun which made the thing spin out of course and park right on one of his team-mates. I’m kicking myself for not having that video around any more.

(Seanza) #10

[QUOTE=MoP;381649]lololol, laban’s video - watch and learn! :stroggbanana:

(Also take note of the names of the people who die…) :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

SeanzaTheBeast [Violator Beacon] MoP

sup?

(Sublim3) #11

wew!
shout out to BMXer!

(edxot) #12

that time when i got to experiment something i had waited for a long time.

saw an enemy crouching and he didnt spot me. so i jumped in top of him, and used the knife, while he was trying to understand what was happening, and get away.

(acekiller345) #13

[QUOTE=edxot;518709]that time when i got to experiment something i had waited for a long time.

saw an enemy crouching and he didnt spot me. so i jumped in top of him, and used the knife, while he was trying to understand what was happening, and get away.[/QUOTE]

…Grave dig much? Lol

(Runeforce) #14

Besides being vilified around the forums and a damn good etqw player, that is his speciality. He is especially fond of old etqw threads and topics. Best if at least a couple of years old.

(Chronicler) #15

Ahh, this thread is from 2011 >_>, I just read “4th” anniversary and was like…Badman must be on acid or something.

I was thinking this was something for 7th anniversary which just passed.

Why post in such an old thread.

(edxot) #16

[QUOTE=Chronicler;518847]Ahh, this thread is from 2011 >_>, I just read “4th” anniversary and was like…Badman must be on acid or something.

I was thinking this was something for 7th anniversary which just passed.

Why post in such an old thread.[/QUOTE]

didnt notice it was for the 4th aniversary, i posted right after reading the tittle.

i miss this game. cant wait to get my computer working again.

(Rex) #17

Make a guess why a troll posts in such an old thread…

(edxot) #18

troll this, troll that, trolls everywhere …

there must be a reason for this, and i am starting to believe i might know it:

once, a few years ago, late night, every server was empty except one (it had only one player). i joinned the server and said “hi” but got no response. so, decided to check if the other guy was really afk or not. and called a kick vote on him (because nobody ignores this, hehe). but accidentally he went spec at the same time that i called the vote, so he was indeed kicked (ooooops). and i also remember it was in a time, right after rex said he was going to become admin in that particular server (jesus).

so, maybe it was him who got accidentally kicked.

well rex, it that was you, i got 2 things to say:

• sorry about that
  • from all etqw players, i couldn’t have pick a better target.

(light_sh4v0r) #19

Hmm, who would’ve thought ETQW was still alive enough for drama?

(edxot) #20

dead or alive there is something you can’t deny. check how many viewers each sub-forum has (in the main page).