Brink 2?

(jayduncan90) #1

was just wonderin if this would ever exist… i seen a trailer and it looked like it was gonna be a pretty awesome game but i cant find anything about it. Heard anything?

(Fnoros) #2

i really do hope they do more with the world they’ve created. i have been rewatching some of the trailers, and, while i do like Brink, the game could have been better. more time, and polish is exactly what it needs.

(Crytiqal) #3

what trailer?

(wolfnemesis75) #4

Fingers crossed for this to happen…

(sanDIOkan) #5

how? u already tired of your perfect game?? or maybe tired to find empty servers ??

(ArchdemonXIII) #6

Yea. Cuz if they announced W:ET 2 or ETQW 2 while it was still being played you’d have thrown up a big fuss.

(DarkangelUK) #7

Ignore sanDIOkan, he takes being the ‘pissed off fan’ just a little too far… and then some.

(Covan2306) #8

QFT

What trailers?..
Tho I would love to see Brink2 happen, don’t think it will happen tbo

(AeroAtlas) #9

Brink was a beautiful world with ingenious gameplay mechanics. Everything about this game is amazing (besides I wish it ran with higher frames on my alienware and looked a bit crisper and cleaner.) I’d love to see how they will try to top it.
Maybe they should just clean up the original version and add a sandbox mode pehaps? I don’t know. Or just do the same thing. Personally I don’t mind the fact that it had just a multiplayer with bots for single player, if it didn’t i wouldn’t be able to enjoy its amazing multiplayer nearly as much lol

(weeschwee) #10

brink didn’t need more time. it needed better design decisions.

(ArchdemonXIII) #11

I’d say a bit of both.

I think the tech problems probably did more to kill the game than the design.

That being said I’m somewhat aghast that no one in SD thought “gee, since we’re trying to keep people online, do you think it might be a bad idea to make people leave the server to allocate level ups?”

(wolfnemesis75) #12

[QUOTE=AeroAtlas;389246]Brink was a beautiful world with ingenious gameplay mechanics. Everything about this game is amazing (besides I wish it ran with higher frames on my alienware and looked a bit crisper and cleaner.) I’d love to see how they will try to top it.
Maybe they should just clean up the original version and add a sandbox mode pehaps? I don’t know. Or just do the same thing. Personally I don’t mind the fact that it had just a multiplayer with bots for single player, if it didn’t i wouldn’t be able to enjoy its amazing multiplayer nearly as much lol[/QUOTE]I find myself still focused on some unanswered questions about events on the Ark and a deeper look at the story would be cool. Brink 2 could fix all the flaws in the first game, and package it all together in a more polished way. Hopefully, some day this happens. Too bad I wasn’t a billionaire, I’d offer some support to make this happen. I still see lots of possibilities that weren’t fully realized. The Epicness of the trailer is evidence of that. Watching that, you still get a sense of the intrigue possible with the story. It’d make a cool table-top game too and graphic novels. Such is the way. Fingers crossed…

//youtu.be/s-kVnw4RA80

(ScumBag) #13

I would like it if SD started over with a new IP or re-heated Wolf or QW. It would be cool if they treated the next game as an opportunity to re-build the fan base they lost with Brink. A Brink2 would just remind everyone of the flaws of Brink1.

Sadly, I think they learned a different lesson. Brink made then money. SD is in the money making business now, not the fan making one. The next SD game will be a steaming pile with an epic trailer (see above) that will sell tons. Then whatshisname, the SD boss, can buy all the dumb leather jackets and designer prescription frames his heart desires.

(ArchdemonXIII) #14

A company out to make money? Someone alert the media. How dare those greedy bastards try to put food on their family’s table?

I mean how can you condone someone buying nice things for themselves off the fruit of their labor when they could be barely scraping by providing games for a niche audience who will forsake them the moment they make a game that isn’t tailored directly to them? It’s Unconscionable I tell ya.

It’s not like their fans would ever stoop to buying non-essential luxury items like video games… Oh wait…

(wolfnemesis75) #15

[QUOTE=ScumBag;389276]I would like it if SD started over with a new IP or re-heated Wolf or QW. It would be cool if they treated the next game as an opportunity to re-build the fan base they lost with Brink. A Brink2 would just remind everyone of the flaws of Brink1.

Sadly, I think they learned a different lesson. Brink made then money. SD is in the money making business now, not the fan making one. The next SD game will be a steaming pile with an epic trailer (see above) that will sell tons. Then whatshisname, the SD boss, can buy all the dumb leather jackets and designer prescription frames his heart desires.[/QUOTE]Doesn’t Activision own the rights to Quake Wars, not SD? Also, maybe they will self-publish their own game instead of doing a Brink 2 or Quake Wars. Maybe, that’s the lesson they learned? Who knows.

(ScumBag) #16

I never said that they shouldn’t try to make money. I said that Brink made them money. And on the PC at least, Brink was garbage. So my fear is that the lesson SD learned was that it’s easy to make money selling well advertised garbage (it is).

Do you remember the whole “Our goal is, first and foremost, to make money” discussion? When you are a game company and the goal is to first make money and second (third?) make something fun, you don’t don’t make very good games. I think that there WILL be a Brink2, simply because the Brink1 formula seemed to work well for SD.

I’m going to leave now since I know the response from this forum will be “If you’re a hater why are you here”.

Also, IF YOU DON’T LIKE BRINK IT’S BECAUSE YOU R STOOPID AND BRINK IS COMPLICATED AND YOU NO UNDERSTAND HARD THINGS LIKE CHESS!!!111!1!!!11!

The end.

(DarkangelUK) #17

[QUOTE=ScumBag;389283]I’m going to leave now since I know the response from this forum will be “If you’re a hater why are you here”.

Also, IF YOU DON’T LIKE BRINK IT’S BECAUSE YOU R STOOPID AND BRINK IS COMPLICATED AND YOU NO UNDERSTAND HARD THINGS LIKE CHESS!!!111!1!!!11!

The end.[/QUOTE]

Most of those monkeys left, just a few remain and even those are quiet these days.

(sanDIOkan) #18

[QUOTE=ScumBag;389283]

The end.[/QUOTE]

Usually when a person is against the mass he can be a genius or an idiot…
Probably you are the genius!!! The only one that “understands” brink :slight_smile:

translated : noone plays brink

(weeschwee) #19

[QUOTE=ArchdemonXIII;389257]I’d say a bit of both.

I think the tech problems probably did more to kill the game than the design.

That being said I’m somewhat aghast that no one in SD thought “gee, since we’re trying to keep people online, do you think it might be a bad idea to make people leave the server to allocate level ups?”[/QUOTE]

it was in production for a while i believe. it was even delayed a year. and honestly, it doesn’t seem to have strayed too far from their previous games.

tech problems definitely hurt a game. however, current games are expected to be buggy. great examples are the elder scrolls series and the latest fallout games. they are all hugely popular and quite buggy from what i’ve hear/experienced. i’m not saying it’s right that games release with bugs, but it won’t kill a great game. without all the bugs, brink is still not a great game.

(DrpPlates) #20

why would there be? they didnt get the first one right who would buy the 2nd installment?

i know the fanboys here would, but lets face it, after just a few months the game dropped dramatically in the number people playing it across all platforms…

i have many XBOX buddies, who all bought the game and within a week returned it and bought something else (just with i could do the same on PC) - and they are not the only ones- i recall going to gamestop a few months ago and seeing a TON of ‘previously owned’ copies of the game for sale… do you really think all those people who returned the game are going buy into a Brink 2?

i highly doubt it and am sure who ever is bank rolling SD, highly doubts it to…

Brink failed… plain and simple… let SD try something else…

ID recently bought the rights from them…
its back where it belongs…