Brink Wont Bind To A IP

(infuse) #1

Hello There i am haveing some problems.

for some reason brink wont bind to the ip of the server and shows that its offline.

Heres The Command Line

+set net_ip %serverip% +set net_serverDedicated 1 +set net_serverPort %serverport% +set net_serverPortMaster %queryport% +set net_serverPortAuth %customport1% +set net_clientRemoteConsoleAddress %serverip% +set si_maxPlayers %slots% +set exec_maxThreads 2 +exec server.cfg

this is via tcadmin btw

any help you can give me would be g8
Thanks

(HugePinball) #2

Does your server have more than one network adapter or local IP address? If not, then don’t use net_ip.

Even if it does have multiple adapters, the only reason to use net_ip is so the Brink server won’t bind to more than one interface (if you’re running other game servers or services, the Brink server might interfere with them otherwise).

If you do need to use net_ip, then you should be setting it to the local IP address of the desired interface, NOT the public or WAN address, which is what it looks like you’re doing.

EDIT:
By the way, net_clientRemoteConsoleAddress does nothing on the server, it’s a client variable.
See here: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/28656-How-to-setup-use-RCON?p=339899#post339899

(infuse) #3

thanks for your responce .

yes we have 5 diff ips so the net_ip is needed?

i have no idea why it wont work.

Removed the net_clientRemoteConsoleAddress cmd Thanks for that

P.S
we do have multiple servers running but not brink