Clans

(THEJORRRG) #1

Ok, I’ve never been a member of any clan or team or whatever before, but I’m a bit sick of joining a random group of strangers and playing basically on my own. I think being a part of a team would be pretty cool, especially for Brink. I’m not looking for anything too strict, like I’d prefer no clan colours that I have to adhere to and no Resistance only/Security only or anything, and I have no idea what a clan tag is but I dont want to pay to have to change my name. Thanks, dudes.

(needforWeed) #2
  1. What games are you playing?
  2. Where you from?

(SockDog) #3

If you’re playing on PC you can setup a Steam Group or join the ones already created for Brink. That way you can have some of the benefits of a smaller group of players without all the drama of being in a clan or putting lots of people on your friendlist.

If you’re on a console. Well you make your choices. :slight_smile: I don’t think there is much beyond the friendlist. Maybe if you have a PS3 and depending on how Steam is implemented on that you could have a chance. Otherwise hope the dashboard update brings clans/groups to the 360.

(THEJORRRG) #4

[QUOTE=needforWeed;243913]1. What games are you playing?
2. Where you from?[/QUOTE]

I play Orange Box, Borderlands, GTA4, Gears 2, RF:Guerilla, Crackdown 2, and some other stuff.
I’m in Arizona.
Also, its worth mentioning that I’m on the 360.

(brbrbr) #5

Arizona, its where lots of cactus ?
state, taken from Mexico[together with Texas, if im remember right]during Mexican-American war ?

p.s.
i read alot of [really good]scientific stuff from Arizona university.
actually one of best, together with another US one and plenty of Canadian stuff.

(Crytiqal) #6

[QUOTE=THEJORRRG;243998]I play Orange Box, Borderlands, GTA4, Gears 2, RF:Guerilla, Crackdown 2, and some other stuff.
I’m in Arizona.
Also, its worth mentioning that I’m on the 360.[/QUOTE]

So actually no games developed by SD?

(Nail) #7

hard to do on xbox, Brink is their first console game

(Wraith) #8

That’s my problem however I am looking forward to the SD style of gameplay.

(Zanchile) #9

Medics, engies, soldiers and ops. i love ops :p. firewall, firewall,hack hack SELF DESTRUCT! BOOOM. hehe. i said boom.
back on topic. i recommend my clan unit 13(obviously) were multi faction, with our own forums and website(daverto our designer is awsome), and 100+ members. were casual. not the kind of clan with a rod up there you know what. as for clan colors were waiting to see what clan support they have first. if we do have them its probbably gonna be black and purple. but it would only be for clan matches though

(KAS--Will) #10

Usually how some pretty decent clans start is with either a group of friends or a group of really loyal strangers… that sounds kinda cheeky…

(Reanimator) #11

[QUOTE=THEJORRRG;243998]I play Orange Box, Borderlands, GTA4, Gears 2, RF:Guerilla, Crackdown 2, and some other stuff.
I’m in Arizona.
Also, its worth mentioning that I’m on the 360.[/QUOTE]

I’m from AZ too! Sadly you have a 360 so we can’t play together :frowning:

(Yellow Steroid Puff) #12

Clans never have and never will be of any use to anyone in any game.

(Zanchile) #13

-.- well thats a very generalized statement. so if a group of people join together to have fun playing games that automatically makes them suck since , technically , they’re a clan?

(coolstory) #14

Is having fun a “use”? Cause the most fun I’ve had in games were with friends and/or teams (clans)

(Yellow Steroid Puff) #15

No. Not really.

Clans make you use their color scheme and their clan indicators in your character’s name. They also dictate when the clan is going to set up gaming times. So basically, they’re taking alot of the fun and originality out of the game by limiting your freedom of choice.

(Nikto) #16

[QUOTE=Yellow Steroid Puff;245121]No. Not really.

(1)Clans make you use their color scheme and their clan indicators in your character’s name.
(2)They also dictate when the clan is going to set up gaming times. So basically, they’re taking alot of the fun and originality out of the game by limiting your freedom of choice.[/QUOTE]

1 is something that differs from clan to clan, some clans allow the players to settle on color schemes and such, sometimes even allowing different “squads” to use different colours.
or even allow players to ditch the colours and indicators as long as they use them in clan battles.

2 this also differs from clan to clan, and is often based on when the majority of the clan can come online. wich means you have given times you can base your agenda on, so that you won’t have to be thrown into a lobby where all your teammates can be people who don’t know how to play, or abuse certain aspects.

and the choice of different clans, allows you to find that one clan that suits you best.

(Yellow Steroid Puff) #17

Well, to each his own.

:flamethrower:

(light_sh4v0r) #18

You have obviously not been in a clan that suits your needs. In fact, it seems that a clan isn’t what you need at all.
Personally I find a clan greatly enhances the game experience. You have people to talk to about the game, you have people to play with (whenever you want btw) and you have your own server and voicechat to hang around on.
The clan I’m in doesn’t force anyone to use the clantags, but I proudly wear them anyway. That’s how a clan should be.

edit: Oh and I forgot forums of course. They’re an integral part of most clans.

(LyndonL) #19

I’m not in a clan, but a tight nit group of friends who all play together on the same squad/team depending on the game. So I guess technically that’s a clan without all the rules that go along with it.

I personally wouldn’t wanna be in an official clan either, but I’m of the mind that if you don’t want to be in a clan don’t be, but don’t badmouth it.

(Thryd) #20

I was in several clans throughought my Counter strike playing days, and I have to say, I love the community and the atmosphere you can get if you really become involved in them.