Why no communication SD?

(aviynw) #1

This is really pissing me off. All the problems with the game aside, the least you can do is be open with yourcommunity.

What are you guys working on now? Can we expect more dlc? Can we expect an sdk? Are you working on weapon tweaks? Are you working on maps? Or have you completely abandoned Brink?

I’m one of the few competitive players on the pc who are still sticking around for some fixes.

I don’t know if Bethesda has your hands tied up or not, but if they do they are idiots. You don’t gain anything from silence other than alienating your most passionate players.

I’ve continued to have faith that you guys would either work through the competitive problems yourselves or release an sdk and let the community do it, but with no news in the past month about any sort of enhancements/fixes, I fear I have been misguided.

The last dlc came out a month ago, and I think you guys were already done with it a couple weeks before its release. IT’S TIME FOR A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

(gooey79) #2

If memory serves, they’re working on the guns (as evidenced by the feedback thread) and it’s already been inferred (Radho) that there’s currently no other DLC until Bethesda says so/pays for it.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

(tokamak) #3

Gun balance is in process. There’s nothing else for Brink on the table.

(LightningV) #4

Honestly, if they would make an SDK/ small map creator for consoles (training room area at least), 1 additional weapon for each body type, new abilities, new maps. I would gladly pay $30.00-40.00 for all the new content, “IF” it was digital. Because for obvious reasons if they were to make it digital they do not have to buy the materials needed for disk, storage, packaging or w/e else. Bottom line it’s cheaper, which in the long run is SMART. But I understand also they are all on a tight budget, but I just don’t understand why put so much blood, sweat and tears into something for so long and then not doing anything with it afterwords? Did that stop them with W:ET or ETQW? No it didn’t.

(L00fah) #5

What does this have to do with Smooth Movement Across Random Terrain? :stuck_out_tongue:

All good ideas. I would prefer a digital expansion to an early sequel on ANOTHER ridiculously short development window. If we ever get a Brink 2 (or some kind of spiritual predecessor), I want it to be as best as it can be and given as much time in development/testing as possible.

(tangoliber) #6

Rahdo has been communicating in his topic.

(Humate) #7

Unless the playerbase has skyrocketed - theres probably not much to say :slight_smile:
Not that they have abandoned the game or anything, as they are currently rebalancing their weapons.

(Zekariah) #8

Yeah, it is true. SD have been off the grid for some time now.

But they used to be VERY involved with the community. When I first arrived on these forums I was amazed with the involvement the developers had with their players. Best I’d seen.

Nowadays, it’s quiet. But when there is nothing to release, what kind of communication should we expect?

And can people DROP asking for an SDK. I think Rahdo has made it pretty clear that it will be too much of an expensive process for them. Whether you believe him or not, it’s a brick wall. Move on.

(badman) #9

Just to confirm that weapon balancing are being worked on for all platforms as we’ve said a few times in various posts. PC’s getting an extra helping of tweaks here to move that version of the game closer to what a lot of you have been suggesting in your feedback in regards to accuracy and spread.

The clan update teased on the Brink site is also still in the works and that’ll naturally come with another round of game updates to plug everything in. Don’t have any more information on those bits to share at the moment but expect more as that content moves closer to the finish line.

(FireWorks) #10

What about the linux server files?

(Zekariah) #11

badman! you made it!

I think this counts as being ‘open with your community’.:slight_smile:

(wolfnemesis75) #12

Looks like they’re working on the Clan site.

(RGS) #13

Any rough ETA on the weapon tweaks (PC)?

(.Chris.) #14

I’m sure all 3 clans currently playing will be happy to know.

OK a bit harsh maybe but the point remains, this should have been in place much earlier, at release would have been ideal but failing that a few weeks later, not 3 months or so when hardly any clans are playing. Perhaps they (SD/Beth) thought that such a feature could wait as they didn’t expect player numbers to drop so drastically after release and such a feature to benefit the clans playing 2 to 3 months down the line would have been greeted with joy and gratitude from a larger audience.

(zenstar) #15

The general lack of silence has been pretty annoying so far. I don’t know who is to blame, SD or Bethesda or both but the end result is the same.

Examples of lack of communication:
The DLC date sliding like crazy with barely any notice of what was going on until people were fuming and frothing.
The game dissapearing from the UK Steam store on release with a tweet saying “we’ll look into it” followed by months of silence and then “it’s back now”.
Suddenly releasing the Pre-order DLC with no warning in a very odd packaging.
Various calls for some sort of ownership of the game from SD and/or Bethesda going unnoticed.

Now I understand that they cannot talk to everyone and that many questions always go unanswered but there are many game companies I follow (devs and publishers) that are far more communicative than SD/Beth have been with Brink.

We don’t need essays or highly detailed, day-to-day reports but the occasional “we’re working on X” or “X is waiting for approval but we found some bugs” or “We have a contract that says we need to wait until Y for that”. Simple messages that let the community know that there’s someone still there is all that’s really required.

Now I suspect that badman’s hands are tied with what he is and isn’t allowed to say, but as I say: the end result is the same - frustrated fans that decide to play something else that isn’t shrouded in silence and secrecy. We need a little more transparency and openness here please. If Beth is the one keeping you quiet then you need to talk to tehm and bring their attention to the annoyed fans. If it’s not Beth then you need to revise your communication policies and maybe hire some help for the comms manager.

(aviynw) #16

[QUOTE=badman;376692]Just to confirm that weapon balancing are being worked on for all platforms as we’ve said a few times in various posts. PC’s getting an extra helping of tweaks here to move that version of the game closer to what a lot of you have been suggesting in your feedback in regards to accuracy and spread.

The clan update teased on the Brink site is also still in the works and that’ll naturally come with another round of game updates to plug everything in. Don’t have any more information on those bits to share at the moment but expect more as that content moves closer to the finish line.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I’m glad to hear your listening to your community! If you’ve communicated this already in other post I hadn’t noticed because they were buried. There used to be many more announcements on Brink’s official site and twitter which I visit frequently. I am having trouble figuring out what you mean about the “clan update teased on the official site” though.

(badman) #17

They’ll be part of the next round of game updates since they’re rather extensive.

That’d be the banner image at the bottom of http://pc.brinkthegame.com/ :slight_smile:

(coolstory) #18

[QUOTE=badman;376746]They’ll be part of the next round of game updates since they’re rather extensive.

[/QUOTE]

ETA on that?

(badman) #19

“Don’t have any more information on those bits to share at the moment but expect more as that content moves closer to the finish line.”

:slight_smile:

(RGS) #20

Thanks for the info Badman.

Looking forward to the tweaks when they arrive :).