Thread: Locational Damage

Locational Damage

I can't speak for all platforms, only 360, BUT -
    I think high powered weaponry should out-right incap your target when they're shot in the head...
    By "high powered" I mean; the "light rifles", Ritchie and Sea Eagle (at a close range), Mossington, Heavy Weapons and certain ARs.

It makes no sense that with a double-buffed, high-powered Sniper Rifle it still takes two bullets to the head to take them down.

As well, why does it take (sometimes) MORE bullets to kill a downed enemy than it does an active one?
    If my opponent is incapacitated, he should be taken out with relative ease... Either one more headshot with the above weapons, a VERY few more body shots or my single melee should kill him.

I love the rest of combat... But give me some REASON (aside from SLIGHTLY more damage) to hit the head and reward my skill... = /

(I mentioned the Mossington but I've noted that SOMETIMES it does down them in one shot... Most of the time, not so much.)

Re: Locational Damage

Takes a lot to kill a downed enemy by design: to allow for Medics to try for a revive. Now, Downed Fire on the other hand, they need to have even less HPs because they are dangerous when downed: it makes no sense for them to be so strong on the ground.

Well yeah, I get that.. But it just kind of ruins the experience for me. I spend a decent amount of time to take down a skillful opponent, come to find out it takes MORE time to kill him when he's down.
    AT LEAST let me him kill him in one shot with a well placed head shot. -.-;

You know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by L00fah View Post
    Well yeah, I get that.. But it just kind of ruins the experience for me. I spend a decent amount of time to take down a skillful opponent, come to find out it takes MORE time to kill him when he's down.

You know what I mean?
    Yes, I know what you mean. I can live with it, but downed fire less-so. Once an enemy is down they are out of the fight, and essentially its a kill, is how I look at it. Unless again, they have DF, then they are not dead to me, they are a dangerous animal that needs to be put out of its misery.

FEAR THE BEARD! AmishWarMachine's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

[PS3]

In Brink, the butt of a gun > 1 headshot

That's just daffy, I don't care what the 'logic' is.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    Yes, I know what you mean. I can live with it, but downed fire less-so. Once an enemy is down they are out of the fight, and essentially its a kill, is how I look at it. Unless again, they have DF, then they are not dead to me, they are a dangerous animal that needs to be put out of its misery.
    I can understand that. But can we agree that it's ridiculous two shots from my buffed sniper rifle to the head is what drops an opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by AmishWarMachine View Post
    [PS3]

In Brink, the butt of a gun > 1 headshot

That's just daffy, I don't care what the 'logic' is.
    ... Very true.

May the Horse be with you H0RSE's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by L00fah View Post

You know what I mean?
    It "ruins the experience" for you? Well, having a sniper-esque weapon in the game at all "ruins the experience" for me. So does having melee attacks in the game. See, it really doesn't matter if things ruin the experience for you, me or the next guy on a personal level. As long as mechanics in the game are balanced and work, that trumps any "experience ruining" you may encounter, and the way the high powered rifles operate in Brink, fit with the game design and what SD initially set out to create with Brink.
    Last edited by H0RSE; 6th Sep 2011 at 04:57.
    HAF-X | i5 2500k | Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3 | Zotac GTX 680 | Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 RAM (1600)

I spend a lot of time gaming, but don't play a lot of different games - I'm a hardcore, casual gamer...

Quote Originally Posted by H0RSE View Post
    It "ruins the experience" for you? Well, having a sniper-esque weapon in the game at all "ruins the experience" for me. So does having melee attacks in the game. See, it really doesn't matter if things ruin the experience for you, me or the next guy on a personal level. As long as mechanics in the game are balanced and work, that trumps any "experience ruining" you may encounter, and the way the high powered rifles operate in Brink, fit with the game design and what SD initially set out to create with Brink.
    I was unaware my personal opinion didn't matter anymore. It absolutely does matter if it ruins the experience of any player on a "personal level." I am not the only one with the complaint, just as you aren't the only one with your complaints. There's a REASON the game didn't sit well with people... It all comes down to personal preference and technical issues.
    So yes, our personal experiences matter more than anything else.

Balancing is a product of personal experience with a game.

I honestly believe that was simply an oversight on their part. Something that got neglected.
    I still maintain that it's absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention how utterly inconsistent it can be... Sometimes you can kill an enemy in a millisecond while they're falling, out right, but other times it takes an entire clip to the head to kill a downed-enemy.
    As far as I'm concerned, if the medic is good enough, they should be able to revive even a squishy teammate when they need to... I am not implying that incapacitated enemies should be taken out ALWAYS WITH A SINGLE SHOT, but rather - quickly with skillful headshots and LESS shot than it took to take them down to begin with. And make it more consistent.

And if a headshot from a sniper rifle doesn't instantly drop an enemy in ANY game, I call shenanigans... That literally nulls the point of even carrying the sniper rifle to begin with. And it takes a decent level of skill to kill some at range with a headshot.

i dunno man a dome blast with that mossington is gonna hurt XD

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/i...ine=1310569036
    thanks for the sig wolf

we taken down some clowns

I still think the knock-down mechanic is underused. It's one of the few things that brought a valuable addition to the shooter genre. Granted it could've been polished a bit more but in essence it was great. It would've been a great opportunity to make heavy weapons seem scary without making them lethal.