Thread: Barnett

Barnett

Could u consider lowering the damage of the Barnett? I feel that it is a tad too powerful especially when it receives a double buff from engineers.

Before the arguments against this hear me out. The main problem with the Barnett especially is when it has been double buffed its kills a light instantly (tbh is understandable) but its also completely destroys mediums and and leaves only a bit of health on Heavies.

In levels like container city where there is a lot verticality, especially for heavies, barnetts can be a real pain when people are high up in places that are considered unreachable.

Re: Barnett

I have no opinion on this because I haven't used the Barnett enough. However, I think its interesting to see someone asking for a nerf, since most people seem to be of the opinion that it is a bad gun. Of course, I always felt that it could be a beast in the hands of a great sniper.
    So..much respect for being different.

Theres nothing too bad about it though that it has a long reload time and ridiculous recoil and lack of ammo. The main problem is just when it receives an improved buff. Once that happens its pretty much a COD sniper rifle against lights and mediums and heavies get a huge chunk taken out. To make things worse since heavies cant move very well and are pretty huge targets they are pretty much screwed tbh.

To combat this, we either nerf the barnett or we nerf engineer's improved buff.

Or another idea is that ARs and some heavy guns get an accuracy boost to make it easier for them to take out barnett users. I've even come across people with barnetts who will come point blank and shoot, almost like quickscoping u could say.

Most Recent Awards:

I would leave the damage as is and make the reload time about twice as long. I also think that Barnet and Dragonov should not have the rapid fire add on available to them.
    >CnN< Ceppy

Most Recent Awards:

Only the dragonov has the rapid fire add on. Barnet does not have a rapid fire ad on.

I think a double buff barnet is 1 hit ko to an unbuffed light. I mean if we are talking about buffs here it is only fair to say that the light should be buffed in this case as well. ... so with that said, it is not a 1 hit ko by a double buffed barnet to a single buffed health light unless headshot.

I see no problems here.
    RAD Soldier Username: Tower-Defender

If anything the barnet needs a buff. Not being able to move fast after you shoot is really frustrating. Remove that please, delay between shots is more than enough.

No WAAAY, Barnet shouldnt get a buff.

If the barnet aint gonna get a buff then buff the damn ARs.

Barnet almost useless, with the annoying zoom sensitivity and the slowdown after shooting it's basically useless.

The problem with the barnett is when it has been double buffed, when's its unbuffed the weapon is alright. But once the engineer gets his fingers on it with an improved buffed then mediums and heavies are basically screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Wire View Post
    Only the dragonov has the rapid fire add on. Barnet does not have a rapid fire ad on.

I think a double buff barnet is 1 hit ko to an unbuffed light. I mean if we are talking about buffs here it is only fair to say that the light should be buffed in this case as well. ... so with that said, it is not a 1 hit ko by a double buffed barnet to a single buffed health light unless headshot.

I see no problems here.
    Double dmg buff barnett kills double health buffed light with a head shot. It also kills mediums without the health buff with one head shot as well.

Personally I don't think there needs to be any changes to the Barnett as a lot of the closed map design limits its usefulness.
    Steam: Neph
    Twitter: @RiFGamers;
    @Nephaerius
    Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius
    RiFGamers Community - Multi-Platform Gaming Community Connecting Players and Increasing Fun

Add me on any platform, any game, any time. I'm down to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cep View Post
    I would leave the damage as is and make the reload time about twice as long. I also think that Barnet and Dragonov should not have the rapid fire add on available to them.
    Ummm, The drognav doesnt really benefit from rapid fire. You can spam the trigger and it will fire every bullet like a pistol.

There's only 2 maps the Barnett serves any purpose, CCity and SecTow. The damage on it fine. If you can't take getting tagged by double damage buffed snipers, stay out of the open or counter snipe them. Simple. Stop calling for guns to get nerfed that don't need it. It's bad enough complainers like the TC ruined the Gerund.
    http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34753&dateline=131043  9640
    Character 1: SEC Med Soldier/Engi Lvl. 24
    Character 2: SEC Med Engi/Medic Lvl.24
    Character 3: RES Lgt Op/Soldier Lvl.24
    Character 4: SEC Hvy Engi/Solder Lvl.24
    Character 5: RES Med Med/Soldier Lvl.20
    Character 6: Res Med Op/Medic Lvl.24
    PSN: Oz70NYC

The Almighty Brink Master
    Most Recent Awards:

^agree with Oz
    I may not have much of a life, but the 1 i do live I enjoy every minute of it...
    Give or take a second or two.

Is there any news on fixing the weird animations on the Barnett, and not being able to switch weapons during the bolt action? The damage doesn't really matter all that much, as long as I don't get canned into an animation when I want to pull out my pistol and shoot people.

This weapon still has these bugs...any fix planned for it?

I dont know, i realy only like bolt actions for the animation, and i cant watch it with the barnett so im like
    #I used the deadwood to make the fire rise
    The blood of innocence burning in the skies
    I filled my cup with the rising of the sea
    And poured it out in an ocean of debris

I'm swimming in the smoke
    Of bridges I have burned
    So don't apologize
    I'm losing what I don't deserve
    What I don't deserve#

Owned by ANOOBis

the way sniper rifles in this game work doesn't seem to be very thought-through. It's obvious SD wants to avoid overpowered sniper rifles by reducing the frequency at which you can shoot... but without double buff the Drognav is completely useless and the Barnett takes far too long to reload for it to be worth using over the assault rifles. Both guns have horrendous recoil that prevents them from being rapid-fired with any accuracy, and in order to do any damage in a significant amount of time you have to get headshots. Getting one or two kills is easy enough with the Barnett, but you can pretty much only take down one person before the rest of the team notices and sprays you down with SMGs because you're busy waiting for the next shot. Also, given the rather enclosed map design, sniper rifles already have really limited usefulness.

I'd say if it's really a problem, adjust the damage on both so that they do even less with body shots, but that headshots on the Drognav actually mean something (because it's not like you can spray someone down on account of recoil). I for one don't think that the rifles should have slow rates of fire AND long reload times -- it should be either one or both, otherwise you put users at such a significant disadvantage that there's really no reason you wouldn't just equip a better weapon instead. Either make the reloading between shots faster on the Barnett, or make magazine loading faster. Alternatively, give the Barnett and Drognav more ammo per magazine. In fact, I think that's a good idea no matter what you choose to do.