Does Splash Damage offer work experience programs?

(NeonDrive) #1

“Currently, Splash Damage doesn’t offer any work experience programs, but this is something that we’ll be looking to do in the future.”

I was just wondering what the status of work experience and apprenticeship scheme is. I live in London and would be VERY interested in working at splash damage part time as work experience in the games industry.

PS: I have no idea where to put this, or even if it should be a private message. But i figure that there are probably other aspiring designers/developers out there also wondering the same thing.

ND

(Dthy) #2

I’d be interested in this, after doing a week’s work experience at Lionhead Studios. It would also be a good way for SD to find new talent, and see how games are developed from an idea to a final product.

(.Chris.) #3

When people say work experience I think of that ****ty two week thing you had to do back in high school, I doubt they offer that.

Think they have had interns though in the past.

(tokamak) #4

I went to a vet and watched him cut tumors the size of a softball out of dogs, an infection that bloated the entire neck of a dog who somehow got a piece off grass deep under it’s skin, puss flew everywhere and the assistants had to use mini-vacuum dentist cleaners to suck it up and out of the dog. Oh and one bitch got sterilised with lasers.

Afterwards a couple of them lost bets on that I didn’t faint. Apparently first-timers tend to faint during surgery.

(NeonDrive) #5

I wasn’t really thinking of two weeks. My Thoughts were more in the direction of of working there whilst on a Game development course.

(FireWorks) #6

Rahdo said they would love some guys helping them with weapon testing…

(NeonDrive) #7

Cool who do I contact? I hope the fact that I have virtually no ‘game making’ experience won’t deter them. :smiley:

EDIT: LOL I have now left Rahdo a message. Also Dthwsh, do you have a name or anything I could use to get in contact with anyone at Lionhead?

(NeonDrive) #8

I don’t seem to be able to get hold of Rahdo, anyone know who else to contact?

(light_sh4v0r) #9

I’d try badman, he’s community relations manager and online nearly every day.

(DarkangelUK) #10

Rav Channa is the HR manager, she’s probably you’re best bet for asking about internships and openings.

(badman) #11

Rahdo’s on a well-deserved holiday at the moment. :slight_smile:

Regarding work experience, internships and the like, we’re not currently able to offer anything like that. Should that change, we’ll definitely plaster it all over this website as we’ve had a lot of interest.

(NeonDrive) #12

So what is happening with the testing of weapons? Did i miss that? And would I have to apply for one of the advertised jobs to get something similar to what Rahdo was talking about? I am a little confused. :S

(matsy) #13

[QUOTE=.Chris.;375100]When people say work experience I think of that ****ty two week thing you had to do back in high school, I doubt they offer that.

Think they have had interns though in the past.[/QUOTE]

I worked at some cave attraction thing near where I live. Was utter bollocks, when it came to doing it at college I just said I couldn’t find any where and played ET for two weeks.

(NeonDrive) #14

How about I rephrase, instead of “work eperience” use “A real position, in a new environment for a faily extensive period of time.” On a personal level, I am prepared to consider doing some work unpaid.

Also does anyone have any more information on the weapons testing?

(tokamak) #15

Yes, according to Rahdo you can now walk in and test. There isn’t more to it.

(NeonDrive) #16

Excellent! Give me an address/phone number and I’ll be there as soon as sensibly possible!

(NeonDrive) #17

I am going to at least need a phone number so I can double check that I can [QUOTE=tokamak;375940]… walk in and test.[/QUOTE]

If i am being blind by not finding these details on the website i appologise it isn’t from lack of trying.

Thanks

(tokamak) #18

This is all there is to it:

Honestly, anyone who’s relatively close to London and has the technical knowhow, and wants to make a day of it, come down to our offices and volunteer some time to help us tweak numbers!

There’s nothing more than that. Take it or leave it. I know what I would do if I were in your place.

Number 25 http://maps.google.nl/maps?&hl=en&ll=51.400803,0.01845&spn=0.000001,0.001742&fb=1&gl=nl&view=map&cid=1012091068368048327&t=h&z=20&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=51.400887,0.018386&panoid=HYpYs9XhWlYCjKSxiF_L4w&cbp=12,70.97,,0,12.12

(NeonDrive) #19

Thanks, I might pop down on Friday then! :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley:

(Apples) #20

Being too lazy to find a tel number or adress of a company you want to work with isnt a good move IMO :smiley:

No pun intended, but take care with that for your future professional life :wink:

Peace

EDIT@ Tokamak : your sig makes me crazy… CLICK ON THE BUG NAO!