Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: kross smg

Re: kross smg

Quote Originally Posted by Blarfenghar View Post
    The galactic is easily my favorite just because of it's decent power close up and it's ADS is amazing.
    Great accuracy but not enough DPS in CQC for me. It has the lowest damage per shot out of all SMGs so for me it feels lacking.
    Steam: Neph
    Twitter: @RiFGamers;
    @Nephaerius
    Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius
    RiFGamers Community - Multi-Platform Gaming Community Connecting Players and Increasing Fun

Add me on any platform, any game, any time. I'm down to play.

Quote Originally Posted by nephandys View Post
    Great accuracy but not enough DPS in CQC for me. It has the lowest damage per shot out of all SMGs so for me it feels lacking.
    A strong case could be made that no gun should have more DPS than the Kross. No?

tampa should. but purely at super close range.
    #I used the deadwood to make the fire rise
    The blood of innocence burning in the skies
    I filled my cup with the rising of the sea
    And poured it out in an ocean of debris

I'm swimming in the smoke
    Of bridges I have burned
    So don't apologize
    I'm losing what I don't deserve
    What I don't deserve#

Owned by ANOOBis

only thing i find galactic good for is cleaning up after grenade shooting, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    A strong case could be made that no gun should have more DPS than the Kross. No?
    In the quote you quoted me on I was talking about the Galactic, which feels extremely accurate, but the bullets do the least dmg of all the SMGs and it doesn't seem to finish people off as quickly as I'd want.

The Kross only does 1 more dmg than the Galactic with body shots. IMO post-patch I don't really care for the Kross anymore even though it was my favorite SMG. I don't feel it's as accurate or packs the punch it felt like it used to. Currently it's there with the Galactic shooting people with peas or something. So for me I don't think that no gun should have more DPS than the Kross. I might be willing to say no guns should have more DPS than SMGs though. Like the Barnett should clearly do more dmg, but would do less DPS.

*I thought the Kross had a hire RoF than the other SMG's for some reason, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Can anyone else confirm for me?
    @Nephaerius
    RiFGamers Community - Multi-Platform Gaming Community Connecting Players and Increasing Fun

*I thought the Kross had a hire RoF than the other SMG's for some reason, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Can anyone else confirm for me?
    http://brink.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons#Light_Weapons

Regards,
    Nexo

The Kross SMG is the standard SMG. It's the all rounder thand doesnt excel in anything making it good to use in pretty much all situations. SMGs like lets say the Tampa due to its lack of accuracy but quick reload is good for CQC and concerning the Galactic due to low damage but brilliant accuracy, high mag size and low recoil its good or suppressive fire. So its really good for someone like medics that have to stay back but can still provide suppressive fire.

Kross has a nice feel. I played with it last night. It also feels accurate and has a good weight to it. Right now its overshadowed by the Carb-9.

Carb-9 still needs to be toned down. But its inaccuracy really ticks me off -.- I prefer the Galactic or the Buldapan (I think i spelt that wrong lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Yemster View Post
    Carb-9 still needs to be toned down. But its inaccuracy really ticks me off -.- I prefer the Galactic or the Buldapan (I think i spelt that wrong lol).
    Please don't tone down the Carb tone up the other weapons instead.
    @Nephaerius

Please don't tone down the Carb tone up the other weapons instead.
    Toning down damage is fine...but not accuracy. The "pace" of the gunplay in Brink is good, in my opinion.. I hope that it will still take just as long to kill someone... just with less randomness.

The Almighty Brink Master
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by tangoliber View Post
    Toning down damage is fine...but not accuracy. The "pace" of the gunplay in Brink is good, in my opinion.. I hope that it will still take just as long to kill someone... just with less randomness.
    Agreed, i think the smg's might need to be toned down & the AR's need better accuracy/spread.
    Thats just me tho.
    btw i ply a light a good portion of the time & even i think i kill people too fast wih the carb... Thats why i dont use it much...
    I may not have much of a life, but the 1 i do live I enjoy every minute of it...
    Give or take a second or two.

Quote Originally Posted by VG_JUNKY View Post
    Agreed, i think the smg's might need to be toned down & the AR's need better accuracy/spread.
    Thats just me tho.
    btw i ply a light a good portion of the time & even i think i kill people too fast wih the carb... Thats why i dont use it much...
    very true. There was another thread which said that all SMG's should be within the realms of the Galactic and thats pretty much spot on. So the Carb-9 needs to be toned down considerably but still have the highest damage.

Concerning the AR's I think the best weapon to look at as a starting point for balancing here is either the Rockstedi or the Rhett.

Quote Originally Posted by Yemster View Post
    very true. There was another thread which said that all SMG's should be within the realms of the Galactic and thats pretty much spot on. So the Carb-9 needs to be toned down considerably but still have the highest damage.

Concerning the AR's I think the best weapon to look at as a starting point for balancing here is either the Rockstedi or the Rhett.
    While the accuracy and spread are amazing, shooting someone with the Galactic feels like you're hitting them with pillows to death in my experience. I'd much rather things move more on the pace of the C-9's dmg when it comes to the SMG's. Additionally I don't feel like the C-9 downs people too quickly unless someone gets the drop on you. In which case I feel like, hey you weren't being situationally aware, you deserved to die.

IMO the reason people use the C-9 is because it's effective, the spread's not too ridiculous, and it feels like it's actually dishing out some dmg. Make other weapons feel more like that and they will see more use. Make every gunfight into a pillow fight and my current break might turn permanent.
    Last edited by nephandys; 11th Sep 2011 at 16:20.
    @Nephaerius