Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: kross smg

kross smg

i really dont see the benefit of this gun.

the carb has good all around hipfire, the bulpdaun has ADS, galactic has accuracy and clipsize, tampa has CQB, but i can not for the life of me figure out what the kross has going for it.

Re: kross smg

RPM?

10chars

It has a tighter starting spread than the Galactic. But overall, the Galactic is more accurate overall since you can reduce the spread back to its starting accuracy with just a brief pause.

One of the first days after the patch, I tried out a Kross on Labs with a COGA. It turns people into meat chunks pretty fast. Scope in close and it just kills things - fast.
    1) Heavies are completely useless. Because 80% of the players are those "HURR DURRR I PLAY LIGHT WITH A BULPDAUN OR CARB9 AND RUN AROUND LIKE A CHICKEN DERP DERP" and headshot you before you even realized it. The Machine Guns suck sort of too, their recoil is just too damn big.

^
    |
    |

qft

Favorite gun in the game. The damage output isn't as high as the carb, and that can cause you to lose some 1v1s if a guy with the carb is quick to react, but any other time it just litters people. The clipsize (52) combined with it's steadiness can keep the other person off balance while being hit and make it hard to counter. It takes more bullets to kill but its more accurate due to a tighter spread and the # of bullets isnt an issue because it's loaded. It's become my most used weapon since I stopped using the carb just before the update. Going back to the carb after using the Kross for an extended period of time is an unenjoyable sensation. It's downsight accuracy is great but the distance/damage falloff can be considerate. For those players where close and midrange combat is important while having a slight plus to distance accuracy it pays off. Whereas with the carb, hipfire for distance blows and the downsights is practically worthless. The gun compliments a different game play style than the carb, and is a good counter. I wish at times it had more dmg per hit, but then it would just be overpowered. I think it's perfect as is.
    Last edited by mute; 22nd Aug 2011 at 13:05.

Kross is one of the better guns in the game. Not sure what you're talking about. Galatic? Really.

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    Kross is one of the better guns in the game. Not sure what you're talking about. Galatic? Really.
    The Galatic is not that bad of a secondary i never really liked the kross but I might try using it again

Quote Originally Posted by TruGamer97 View Post
    The Galatic is not that bad of a secondary i never really liked the kross but I might try using it again
    Tampa has some upside. You may want to try that as well. I can't use SMG as secondary. I play as a Light.

The benefit is that it's kind of a middle ground. Damage isn't too poor, accuracy's pretty decent, clip size is quite large and it's pretty controllable when fired from the hip.

It's good if the CARB's too inaccurate, the Bulpdaun doesn't have enough ammo or the Galactic is too weak for you.

Regards,
    Nexo

pragmatic incrementalist thesuzukimethod's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

pre patch it was one of the best, imho. - lower damage but had a really tight cluster, if you started at the chest/neck area, and slowly moved towards the head, you could finish people off in 1/3 - 1/2 of an extended clip.... (the patch opened up the spread a bit...probably more fair, but i find myself using it less)

Quote Originally Posted by thesuzukimethod View Post
    pre patch it was one of the best, imho. - lower damage but had a really tight cluster, if you started at the chest/neck area, and slowly moved towards the head, you could finish people off in 1/3 - 1/2 of an extended clip.... (the patch opened up the spread a bit...probably more fair, but i find myself using it less)
    This is true.

so from what i can gather, it is kind of the jack of all trades smg, where it does everything ok as opposed to excelling at one particular area?

Most Recent Awards:

/this\ seems pretty accurate now.

before the patch, it was an excellent close/medium range hipfire SMG, and was a beast in downed fire. the damage was (and remains) relatively low, but the spread was really pretty small so it rewarded accurate usage, especially if you could concentrate shots in the upper chest area (ensuring that most of your shots would hit chest or head to max out the dmg multipliers. that plus the clip size (and total capacity) meant it could deal a lot of damage....

now the spread is just a bit larger - and it's still pretty good...i still use it a decent amount of the time...

in my eyes, the galactic would be a better option because ever though it has slightly less damage, it has a bigger clipsize and overall better hipfire.

Most Recent Awards:

i think some of the skilled aimers have turned to the galactic (or were already there) for the very reasons you cite. it has a very forgiving spread bloom if you dont lay on the trigger.

that said, there's a reason why they patched the kross...i think even within it's spread, it tended to aggregate around the center (like the carb9 did pre-patch, perhaps to an even greater degree?...), which made it very deadly if you could get it tracked onto the head, despite the relatively low damage. (i realize this is true of most weapons, but the kross had the lowest hipfire spread of all SMGs, and didnt benefit much from ADS, so it was a nice gun (still is)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom12121112 View Post
    so from what i can gather, it is kind of the jack of all trades smg, where it does everything ok as opposed to excelling at one particular area?
    yeah. pretty much all purpose gun. Well balanced. Was better before the patch. But still good.

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by mute View Post
    Favorite gun in the game. The damage output isn't as high as the carb, and that can cause you to lose some 1v1s if a guy with the carb is quick to react, but any other time it just litters people. The clipsize (52) combined with it's steadiness can keep the other person off balance while being hit and make it hard to counter. It takes more bullets to kill but its more accurate due to a tighter spread and the # of bullets isnt an issue because it's loaded. It's become my most used weapon since I stopped using the carb just before the update. Going back to the carb after using the Kross for an extended period of time is an unenjoyable sensation. It's downsight accuracy is great but the distance/damage falloff can be considerate. For those players where close and midrange combat is important while having a slight plus to distance accuracy it pays off. Whereas with the carb, hipfire for distance blows and the downsights is practically worthless. The gun compliments a different game play style than the carb, and is a good counter. I wish at times it had more dmg per hit, but then it would just be overpowered. I think it's perfect as is.
    Uh, everything he just said.

The galactic is easily my favorite just because of it's decent power close up and it's ADS is amazing.
    Call me llama. Add me on XBL everyone- Blarfenghar.
    Light/Medium Medic and Light Operative

Most Recent Awards:

Double derp post
    Last edited by isetfires; 23rd Aug 2011 at 19:16.