Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Caesar and Ritchie

Caesar and Ritchie

This topic is about the Revolver(s) in BRINK.

In my opinion... they suck completely. And for me reserving "The Psycho" pack I was all hyped to get my own unique (looking) Revolver that not alot of people would probably have.

But there's 3 things I don't like:

Recoil - I can tolerate this. But, in Downed Fire these guns are COMPLETELY useless. Why? (@ Spread)

Circle Spread (how it retracts) - It goes too wide too quick, and takes too long to come back down.

DAMAGE - Why is the Sea Eagle almost as strong as these things but 5x better?! I don't get that.

A revolver should be like a mini shotgun. It SHOULD be a 2 Shot Kill undoubtedly but it's NOT. It takes at least 4 if not 5 shots to fully down someone. Really?

Last time I played with a MP-412 REX (Caesar) in Bad Company 2 I could demolish kids with this Revolver. EASILY.

This games equivalent is NOWHERE NEAR any Revolver in any other game for that matter. So, all I'm really asking for (mainly) is a slight increase in DMG to actually make it a 2-Shot (hell, even require Improved Weapon Buff to BE a 2SK).

Just please do something to make these things playable!

Re: Caesar and Ritchie

Comparing Brink's weapons to other game's weapons is pointless. They never set out to replicate other weapons and one game's weapon may not fit into Brink's combat. What you're advocating would make every other pistol in the game useless. Period. How would that be an improvement? Brink cannot have such a wide and varied selection of weapons as to include every weapon people dream up because combat in Brink is not that varied.

While comparing to other games might not be helpful, I think the revolvers could handle a little improvement, be it in recoil, spread or the reload time.

Even with the attachments maxed out, the effective damage output feels too low. You have to wait for the recoil and spread to settle to get another effective hit, and that while standing still. It has great sniper rifle characteristics (for brinks anti sniper policy) but as a true secondary in SMG range it feels too crippled for an in comparison. The seagle and belgo allow both to wipe up enemies very quickly. With a 30bullet mag on the belgo you can wipe up a naded crowd of 3 in very short time. With the revolvers it might also only take 3 hits but to make them actually hit takes a considerable longer time then the belgos Frrrrp Frrrrrp Frrrrrp triple frag

Most Recent Awards:

The revolvers are the best sniper rifles in this game. Just put a coga scope on them and you hit where you aim. I always carry it as my secondary as carb can't hit anything at long range.

Quote Originally Posted by murka View Post
    The revolvers are the best sniper rifles in this game. Just put a coga scope on them and you hit where you aim. I always carry it as my secondary as carb can't hit anything at long range.
    Thats what I wrote... Great sniper rifle and lacking capacity in short to medium range as a Secondary.

Switching out in combat like you would expect from a secondary weapon, especially a pistol, feels a lot worse than it should.

Ritchie is pretty powerful and a secondary gun on most of my dudes. I use it as a finishing weapon, switch to it to kill downed enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    Ritchie is pretty powerful and a secondary gun on most of my dudes. I use it as a finishing weapon, switch to it to kill downed enemy.
    This is what i'm talking about.... this is why the revolvers are useless.

And the ONLY reason I compared it to BC2 was because IT'S THE SAME GUN (Caesar/MP-412 REX). That's the only comparison I made. I didn't say that the one in BC2 was the best gun ever, best DMG ever... or that BRINK's equivalent SHOULD be like it. Only thing relevant was that the one in BC2 could put some people down and was well-balanced; UNLIKE the Caesar in BRINK. Catching my drift yet?

Nobody flatout uses the Revolver(s) because they jump too much, have too much spread, and NO stopping power in it's DMG whatsoever. IMHO the most neglected guns in BRINK.

I've used the COGA on it before... still jumps too much. And you can't OSK or even 2SK someone with it even with more Range. Are you joking? Have you honestly used the COGA on the Revolver? Honestly?

You shoot it once and your reticle almost goes to the ceiling. Jumps FAR too much for a COGA Scope. Or even considered a "Sniper". You guys are truly making me LOL.

The Richie and Caesar are great. One of the (very) few guns that work as intended in the game. The bullets go where you aim and the spread cone is predictable and controllable.

first off: this is a brink forum, not an mlg event. the term "kids" iritates the hell out of me.

second: this gun is NOT meant to operate like a shotgun.

maybe, just maybe it isnt that SD made YOUR gun wrong, but it could be that YOU are using SDs gun wrong.

sit a little and think about the characteristics of the gun and how it could be used.

hmm. HUGE recoil, good spread on the first shot, accurate as hell when ADS, sub-par hipfire.
    maybe it is meant to be used at midrange?

also: downed fire is not a required perk. if you take downed fire and pick a gun that sucks hipfired, thats your problem, have fun with your respec. you dont see medium guys running around with a mpossington and barnett complaining that the snipers suck at downed fire, do you?

if you seriously cant use a coga on a revolver, maybe shooting games arent for you. whenever i run a light with a tampa, my first choice for a secondary is a caesar with a coga.
    tl;dr:

this is brink, lrn2brink.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom12121112 View Post
    first off: this is a brink forum, not an mlg event. the term "kids" iritates the hell out of me.

second: this gun is NOT meant to operate like a shotgun.

maybe, just maybe it isnt that SD made YOUR gun wrong, but it could be that YOU are using SDs gun wrong.

sit a little and think about the characteristics of the gun and how it could be used.

hmm. HUGE recoil, good spread on the first shot, accurate as hell when ADS, sub-par hipfire.
    maybe it is meant to be used at midrange?

also: downed fire is not a required perk. if you take downed fire and pick a gun that sucks hipfired, thats your problem, have fun with your respec. you dont see medium guys running around with a mpossington and barnett complaining that the snipers suck at downed fire, do you?

if you seriously cant use a coga on a revolver, maybe shooting games arent for you. whenever i run a light with a tampa, my first choice for a secondary is a caesar with a coga.
    tl;dr:

this is brink, lrn2brink.
    Learn 2 Brink? Dude honestly 1v1 me I swear I'll curbstomp you into the dirt. I play with some of THE best players in this game. Is everyone on these forums a bunch of elitist ASSHOLES? Seriously?

Everyone in here is bashing me over the STUPIDEST ****. I actually bring you guys worthy feedback... and you just bash me? I don't get it.

Not my fault SD doesn't care in the slightest about the Bethesda Forums... so I have to come here. You don't like me then tell me to my ****ing face? _._

I figured I'd leave this topic alone as most people covered the points already, but apparently you need some more counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippnotic View Post
    Recoil - I can tolerate this. But, in Downed Fire these guns are COMPLETELY useless. Why? (@ Spread)
    Well since the recoil pattern doesn't change regardless of what stance you're in, I don't really see what this has to do with anything. Besides, Downed Fire, 'nuff said.

Circle Spread (how it retracts) - It goes too wide too quick, and takes too long to come back down.
    Protip: It's one of the most accurate and most powerful weapons in the game. How do you balance a high damage, high accuracy weapon? High recoil/spread.

DAMAGE - Why is the Sea Eagle almost as strong as these things but 5x better?! I don't get that.
    It's not really almost as strong at all. The Kalt is 30 damage, the Seagle is 55 and the Ritchie is 80. So as you can see, it's halfway between both points and it functions exactly as such.

A revolver should be like a mini shotgun. It SHOULD be a 2 Shot Kill undoubtedly but it's NOT. It takes at least 4 if not 5 shots to fully down someone. Really?
    ...Revolver = Shotgun? ...Not... really... Also see previous post. 80 + 80 is a two-shot kill on most unbuffed players. If that's not enough, then aim for the head. Simple solution really, considering the great accuracy.

Last time I played with a MP-412 REX (Caesar) in Bad Company 2 I could demolish kids with this Revolver. EASILY.

This games equivalent is NOWHERE NEAR any Revolver in any other game for that matter.
    Just in case you haven't noticed, no gun in this game is near any other game's interpretation of it. It was a conscious design choice and expecting an exception to the rule is just silly. Also, like most people, I don't approve of the unnecessary name calling.

Regards,
    Nexo

Learn 2 Brink? Dude honestly 1v1 me I swear I'll curbstomp you into the dirt
    lol i just got challenged to a 1v1 in one of the most team based games on the 360.

go back to CoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom12121112 View Post
    lol i just got challenged to a 1v1 in one of the most team based games on the 360.

go back to CoD.
    There's no need to start taking cheap shots about this.

Tbh Tom, you're the one at fault since the use of an expression like "learn to X" in gaming is always one used as an offense. Perhaps rather than using insults you should have just structured your point more appropriately.

Regards,
    Nexo

Regardless of whether it's logical to 1v1 in Brink.

Richie is a great weapon, actually requires skill to use. Cant say that about many other brink weps.

And its great close range, if you disagree, you simply either haven't bothered to adjust and learn the kick, or you cant aim.

But granted, you cant just pick it up and frag, you need to actually practice with it....oh the humanity
    Last edited by Apoc; 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:59.
    Violence is not the answer. It is the question. The answer is Yes.

Aka Seraphic_Mercenary, .Headsh0t

Not sure why anyone would say the Richie is useless. Makes me wonder what will happen with the weapon tweaks if everyone has polarized views on what the weapons should and should not do. A bit messy.

Weapons should be easy to use, but hard to master.

The richie is hard to use and even harder to master, but compensates for this by being much more powerful than the other weapons, once you have mastered it.
    Violence is not the answer. It is the question. The answer is Yes.

Aka Seraphic_Mercenary, .Headsh0t

pragmatic incrementalist thesuzukimethod's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    Not sure why anyone would say the Richie is useless. Makes me wonder what will happen with the weapon tweaks if everyone has polarized views on what the weapons should and should not do. A bit messy.
    someone (SD) said they were taking feedback as suggestions, but then playtesting any changes internally, so i dont think we need to worry about any radical changes on the basis of a random comment. whoever it was that posted about the Rhett death ray gave me hope that they were experimenting, but shooting for subtle tweaks/improvements, not a full overhaul...

agree w/ apoc...would be cool if the result was that guns were a bit harder to master, some are...but others (tampa, i'm looking at you) are powerful just by getting close and holding fire....

Id like to bring it up again as some seem to be confused about the actual accuracy of this weapon.

Even when crouched, not moving and settling after every shot you still have considerable spread on short to medium range. Oh and its not getting better when moving in actual combat. Go and check some decals if you dont believe it. It just doesnt always hit where you would like to and you should have already noticed that especially when missing shots with a COGA on it.

Even the best player couldnt headshot people on a constant base and again has to aim for the upper torso even on close range with the RNG happiness.

Its one thing to master Instagib aimstyle but you need a weapon that actually hits!

So, I ask again to also tweak this weapon a little bit more in terms of spread, recoil or at least reload time

Ritchie is a closer weapon. Not that worried about how much it gets tweaking its fun to use regardless.