Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 51 of 51

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Caesar and Ritchie

  1. #41
    Senior Member Cep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    With your mum
    Posts
    374
    Most Recent Awards:

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    Quote Originally Posted by tangoliber View Post
    The only way that the Ritchie would ever be more powerful on consoles would be if you actually made the stats much more accurate for consoles only.
    This contradicts what you said earlier? I am saying because there are fundamental differences between platforms, we need different feedback from the two groups.

    Its no good a PC player saying a gun is highly inaccurate if on the console version they are not. A tweak then applied to both groups throws the balance out for the console. This is why separate platform feedback is required.

    Watching that video I can clearly see that the player in question is able to pull off shots in game that I know for a fact you cannot pull off without ADS on PC. On PC I can shoot someone 4 times at point blank range and miss, on the video this guy is firing 4 shots at mid to long range, rapidly and hitting almost every time without ADS. There is a clear difference, however my feedback to say the gun is inaccurate and needs to be buffed in order to make it usable will cause in-balance on the console because it does not. In fact if my feedback based on PC experience was then used to publish a tweak to both platforms I would be indirectly causing an overpowering of the weapon on consoles.

    This is exactly the reason a separate set of feedback is required. This is not an exercise into segregating the Brink community, or saying PC is better then Console its just to make sure that feedback is correct for the tweaks that will be made to each platform.
    >CnN< Ceppy

  2. #42

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    It isn't a contradiction...its what I was always saying. I always said that the guns are different because of control. But I explained it like this:

    a) Accuracy will always benefit guns on PC more than they will on consoles, due to the ability of the PC player to aim faster.
    b) Therefore, if an accuracy buff does not make a gun overpowered on PC, it won't make a gun overpowered on consoles either (since the effect will be less.)
    c) Therefore, if you were to make platform specific tweaks then consoles would need more accuracy than than PC
    d) This would create backlash among PC players once they see that consoles are getting more accurate guns that they want. (Same would go for console players if PC guns became more accurate.)
    e) Therefore, it is best to keep the tweaks universal to all platforms. Tweak for the PC, and then apply the same changes to consoles.

    The video was mostly close range shots, and there were plenty of moments where he lost a lot of bullets to spread. You are wrong in your observation that the accuracy is different. The spread and bloom is exactly the same. If you buff the accuracy of the Ritchie on PC, then you can on consoles. Btw, when I watch the video, I also feel the same way.....that my Ritchie is never that accurate. Its a psychological thing.
    Here is a video of of the Ritchie on PC.... same thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yFKfWyFSQ

    Your mis-observation is exactly why I don't trust "platform specific" tweaks to do any good. There is too much theoretical talk...too much misunderstanding and mis-observations. All that will happen is one platform getting less satisfying changes than the other. As I explained before, no matter what accuracy buffs you make to PC guns, the effects on consoles will be less, so there is never any reason not to apply the same changes.
    Last edited by tangoliber; 2nd Sep 2011 at 01:58.

  3. #43
    FEAR THE BEARD! AmishWarMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    469
    Most Recent Awards:

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    The only reason to tweak the platforms separately would be if this game was cross-platform and they could play each other.

    But... since this game is not cross-platform, and thereby every person playing in any given match is on the same system, the playing field is level no matter what the tweaks are.

  4. #44

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    exactly aim assist is used to track a moving body, nothing more nothing less, it doesnt just you know magnetize something cross screen. it doesnt really go to say that someone on console has no skill or whatever, it just takes different skills. anyways i guess what im thinking is that a console player cant use the more advanced setup of keyboard and mouse, just like a computer player cant just pick up a controller and beast.

    http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/i...ine=1310569036
    thanks for the sig wolf

    we taken down some clowns

  5. #45

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    Quote Originally Posted by Hippnotic View Post
    This topic is about the Revolver(s) in BRINK.



    A revolver should be like a mini shotgun. It SHOULD be a 2 Shot Kill undoubtedly but it's NOT. It takes at least 4 if not 5 shots to fully down someone. Really?

    So, all I'm really asking for (mainly) is a slight increase in DMG to actually make it a 2-Shot.

    Just please do something to make these things playable!
    When Brink first released it was a two shot and it was balenced with the wepons tweaks they ruined my favoret sidearm. please reverse the adjustments
    Yesterdays victories don't win today's battles but smart decisions win wars

  6. #46

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    It will be interesting to see what comes of these weapon tweaks. I'd rather have more maps at the end of the day...

  7. #47

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    Quote Originally Posted by radiogenicsky View Post
    When Brink first released it was a two shot and it was balenced with the wepons tweaks they ruined my favoret sidearm. please reverse the adjustments
    The only change to the Ritchie/Caesar in the patch notes was - All pistols: Knockdown accuracy increased. Unless there were some changes they didn't tell us about it still functions exactly the same as pre-patch. Personally I didn't notice any change with this weapon pre/post.
    Steam: Neph
    Twitter: @RiFGamers;
    @Nephaerius
    Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius
    RiFGamers Community - Multi-Platform Gaming Community Connecting Players and Increasing Fun

    Add me on any platform, any game, any time. I'm down to play.

  8. #48

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    Quote Originally Posted by nephandys View Post
    The only change to the Ritchie/Caesar in the patch notes was - All pistols: Knockdown accuracy increased. Unless there were some changes they didn't tell us about it still functions exactly the same as pre-patch. Personally I didn't notice any change with this weapon pre/post.
    this was within at least the first week or two
    Yesterdays victories don't win today's battles but smart decisions win wars

  9. #49

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    Quote Originally Posted by nephandys View Post
    The only change to the Ritchie/Caesar in the patch notes was - All pistols: Knockdown accuracy increased. Unless there were some changes they didn't tell us about it still functions exactly the same as pre-patch. Personally I didn't notice any change with this weapon pre/post.
    I didn't notice any other changes in the Ritchie, but there were a lot of changes that weren't mentioned in the patch notes.

    On a side note, I'm finally on the PC version of Brink. Ritchie feels the exact same on PC as it does on consoles in terms of getting hits. The main difference is how much more effective aiming down sights is on PC, since you can target someone so much faster. So, for any buff to the Ritchie's accuracy, it would need to be equal on both platforms.

  10. #50

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    Quote Originally Posted by tangoliber View Post
    I didn't notice any other changes in the Ritchie, but there were a lot of changes that weren't mentioned in the patch notes.

    On a side note, I'm finally on the PC version of Brink. Ritchie feels the exact same on PC as it does on consoles in terms of getting hits. The main difference is how much more effective aiming down sights is on PC, since you can target someone so much faster. So, for any buff to the Ritchie's accuracy, it would need to be equal on both platforms.
    Yeah there were definitely changes not in the notes, but I have never noticed any change in the Ritchie from day 1 to now.
    Steam: Neph
    Twitter: @RiFGamers;
    @Nephaerius
    Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius
    RiFGamers Community - Multi-Platform Gaming Community Connecting Players and Increasing Fun

    Add me on any platform, any game, any time. I'm down to play.

  11. #51

    Re: Caesar and Ritchie

    the Ritchie doesn't need buffs. It's an awesome, versatile weapon. The two pea-shooter pistols, on the other hand....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •