Problem with private Slots

(STALAG13Hogan) #1

Hi!

Somnehow privateslots are not working for me. I set g_privatePassword at the executed server cfg. I can see that the cvar has the right value at server-side. I also set g_privatePassword at my client. The cvar ist set there to the right value. Unforunatley if the server is full (12 of 16 slots - 4 reserved) i can’t connect to the private slot. The game states “server full”.

So:

1. Server cvar right set
  2. client cvar right set
  3. connecting to private slots does not work

(i also set g_password to the value of g_privatePassword - i know this is meant to be for private server, not slots)

Can anybody help?

Thx!

(HugePinball) #2

I’ll take a guess that g_privatePassword is a server-side variable only, just like g_password. The cvar a client connects with is simply named password.

Also, I don’t think you can set both g_privatePassword and g_password on a server - it’s one or the other.

(STALAG13Hogan) #3

[QUOTE=HugePinball;373136]I’ll take a guess that g_privatePassword is a server-side variable only, just like g_password. The cvar a client connects with is simply named password.

Also, I don’t think you can set both g_privatePassword and g_password on a server - it’s one or the other.[/QUOTE]

Hmm thanks i’ll give it a try.

If i’m not wrong the combination of g_password and g_privatePassword worked on ET…but a combination of both is not the usual case of course.