Steam ID and brink log files.

(DrD3ath) #1

Is there a way to extract player steam ID’s from the server log files ? Or some other uniquely identifying factor for ban purposes. I have poured through log files looking for steam ID’s associated with players names. I want to ban some players and the only information I have is steam nick they use to join. If I am in game I know I can list the steam ID’s but what if I am not and a player tells me that someone was cheating, griefing or otherwise deserving of being banned. How do I ban their unique ID from our server. Where do I find their unique ID from server logs ?

(HugePinball) #2

The only thing I know that will print Steam IDs currently is the listSteamIds command. I had added it to my defaultmap.cfg file so it prints the ID list of connected clients on each map load.

I had also tried to add this so it would print the list at the end of a match as well:

set g_nextMap "listSteamIds"

Unfortunately, most things I’ve tried in g_nextMap don’t seem to work, and this is one - or I’m using it wrong. Can any devs or W:ET/ETQW veterans give me some tips?

It’s not a great solution, but I think it’s about all you can do right now as far anything automated.

(DrD3ath) #3

Thanks, thats is some help at least. I’ll use that.

Does anyone know how to automate that steam ID is recorded when every player joins ? Can it be done ?