Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Platform-specific tweaks not necessary, IMO.

Platform-specific tweaks not necessary, IMO.

I feel I should bring this up, just so there is no misunderstanding about what we want. Exedore mentioned that they were looking at platform specific weapon tweaks, but I can't think of any situation where this is needed.

Please make whatever adjustments are needed for PC. PC should be your lead platform, obviously. Then, please bring those exact same changes to PS3/360. Trust me, we can handle it.

If we can use the Lobster, then we can handle accurate guns. It is a huge misconception that large spreads makes guns better for consoles. I had never heard such an idea until I joined these forums.

I know that most of the complaints on these boards are from PC players, and console players have been more supportive in general...but that doesn't mean that we wouldn't love more accuracy.

It would really be disappointing if PC got their spreads lowered, but consoles didn't simply because we didn't complain enough...haha.

If there are any console players who want large spreads, feel free to post, and let SD know that you don't agree with this topic. But I would be really surprised if there are.
    Last edited by tangoliber; 16th Aug 2011 at 12:10.

Most Recent Awards:

Re: Platform-specific tweaks not necessary, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoliber View Post
    I feel I should bring this up, just so there is no misunderstanding about what we want. Exedore mentioned that they were looking at platform specific weapon tweaks, but I can't think of any situation where this is needed.

Please make whatever adjustments are needed for PC. PC should be your lead platform, obviously. Then, please bring those exact same changes to PS3/360. Trust me, we can handle it.

If we can use the Lobster, then we can handle accurate guns. It is a huge misconception that large spreads makes guns better for consoles. I had never heard such an idea until I joined these forums.

I know that most of the complaints on these boards are from PC players, and console players have been more supportive in general...but that doesn't mean that we wouldn't love more accuracy.

It would really be disappointing if PC got their spreads lowered, but consoles didn't simply because we didn't complain enough...haha.

If there are any console players who want large spreads, feel free to post, and let SD know that you don't agree with this topic. But I would be really surprised if there are.
    Yeah dude I completely agree. I've been beating that drum for a while now. Tight spreads are not only possible on console...they work great. The analog sticks can handle it just fine. RTCW on XBOX 1 had tight spreads and played just like the PC version. I played that game for like 2000 hours...believe me...consoles can handle it.

I think a pc player who's never played on a console started the whole "consoles can't handle tighter spread" or "we have to deal with high spread because of consoles" thing because I cannot think of one multiplayer fps on the 360 with as much spread as Brink. Trust me pc player, it feels just as weird on a console.

So yes, any changes you decide to make, make them universal - please.

Well, IMO having low spread DMG supports individual skill, whereas high spread low damage supports tactics.

I like tactics more, so i'd say high spread low damage is what we need.

Although more accuracy would also make Nade Shooting take skill.... hmmm.... Adding skill to the game are we?

Right now it is high spread high dmg, which is WTF?
    Last edited by RabidAnubis; 28th Aug 2011 at 19:48.

Most Recent Awards:

low spread high damage would work similarly to how the frkn3k operated before the patch.
    RAD Soldier Username: Tower-Defender

Most Recent Awards:

OP think you need to check out what Smooth has just stated in this thread,

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/s...-Please!/page6
    >CnN< Ceppy

pragmatic incrementalist thesuzukimethod's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

I think (i'm sure) you meant this thread.

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/s...tchie?p=375561

(i think) What tango is getting at is the notion that consolers want or somehow benefit from high spread weapons while PC guys want precise firing (i want rewards for precision too (PS3)). If there is some internally play tested reason why the numbers have to be a little different owing to differences in control interface, I'll defer to the programmers on that one, as i trust that they're giving it a good look... but if anything, this just means that perhaps the console settings should be more, rather than less, accurate, seeing as how we lack the 'refined' interface that is m/k.
    Last edited by thesuzukimethod; 31st Aug 2011 at 06:18.

Most Recent Awards:

Brink weapons handle worse than any others I've ever seen on PS3. PC players hardly deserve improved weapon spread any more than us, believe it or not you CAN be accurate with a controller.

[ MAIN | ALT | ALT ]

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Pangolin View Post
    Brink weapons handle worse than any others I've ever seen on PS3. PC players hardly deserve improved weapon spread any more than us, believe it or not you CAN be accurate with a controller.
    I agree. Unfortunately, judging by this post by badman here:

Just to confirm that weapon balancing are being worked on for all platforms as we've said a few times in various posts. PC's getting an extra helping of tweaks here to move that version of the game closer to what a lot of you have been suggesting in your feedback in regards to accuracy and spread.

The clan update teased on the Brink site is also still in the works and that'll naturally come with another round of game updates to plug everything in. Don't have any more information on those bits to share at the moment but expect more as that content moves closer to the finish line.
    it sounds as if only pc is getting the accuracy and spread tweaks.

if I'm wrong, it's some poor wording on badman's part
    if I'm right, it's kind of a bummer paying $60 and ending up with an inferior product after all the dust settles.
    Last edited by morguen87; 9th Sep 2011 at 08:42.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Most Recent Awards:

We're doing as much as we can for the weapons on all platforms.

Unfortunately we can't technically store all of the 1,500 weapon accuracy values in the netvars, and any changes beyond the netvars requires a full title update and submission process with Sony/Microsoft.

On the PC we're not limited to making changes in the netvars, so there will be more tweaks making their way to the PC first.
    Senior Game Designer & Analyst | Splash Damage Ltd
    Dirty Bomb | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Reddit | Discord

I can understand that. Thanks for the information.

I can understand that. Thanks for the information.
    Eh, except that doesn't sound like "pc will have tweaks console gamers don't only until we submit a patch through microsoft/sony" and instead sounds like "console gamers will have these tweaks IF we submit an update through microsoft/sony."

Quote Originally Posted by morguen87 View Post
    Eh, except that doesn't sound like "pc will have tweaks console gamers don't only until we submit a patch through microsoft/sony" and instead sounds like "console gamers will have these tweaks IF we submit an update through microsoft/sony."
    Well, I still understand, as long as it is a matter of limitations, and not a matter of misunderstanding what console players want/need.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidAnubis View Post
    Well, IMO having low spread DMG supports individual skill, whereas high spread low damage supports tactics.

I like tactics more, so i'd say high spread low damage is what we need.

Although more accuracy would also make Nade Shooting take skill.... hmmm.... Adding skill to the game are we?

Right now it is high spread high dmg, which is WTF?
    Ya know, they should get rid of bullets all together and having it so that you can only kill an opponent if you target him with 2 or more players at the same time. This really would make individual skill redundant and makes tactics priority. They should call it a FPT (First Person Tactics)

/sarcasm

Well, I still understand, as long as it is a matter of limitations, and not a matter of misunderstanding what console players want/need.
    I admit, Im torn. I do appreciate SD's honesty when it comes to these things, but at the same time, being a matter of limitations is no excuse to me. If they are unable to support consoles with post-release updates maybe they shouldn't have bit off more than they could chew to begin with? Didn't I pay for the same product any other pc player did too? Shouldn't I get the same support?