Thread: Grenade Physics

Grenade Physics

Looking for the physics on the grenades to be tweaked, basically as it stands just now when they bounce it's like you've thrown a tennis ball. Suggest this is reduced to something a bit more sensible.

Most Recent Awards:

Re: Grenade Physics

Yeah lobster needs to be fixed definitely.

When I serve a grenade, I don't expect it returned . What they should do is when the lobster grenade makes contact with a soft body (players) target, its bounciness is far reduced when compared to hitting everything else.
    Last edited by Hot-Wire; 15th Aug 2011 at 01:38.
    RAD Soldier Username: Tower-Defender

I like them bouncy! If the Lobster is bouncing chances are that you are in too close proximity to your targets. Bounce baby, bounce!
    "Your bręking me hard!"

Quote Originally Posted by lakersforce View Post
    I like them bouncy! If the Lobster is bouncing chances are that you are in too close proximity to your targets. Bounce baby, bounce!
    I think that bouncing the Lobster nades off of walls is ok, just when you hit someone square in their gut, it should drop to their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by lakersforce View Post
    I don't use the lobster tbh, so mainly talking about the standard nade - basically dont expect to lob one up to a balcony only for it to hit off the wall and rebound straight back down to me.

Quote Originally Posted by montheponies View Post
    I don't use the lobster tbh, so mainly talking about the standard nade - basically dont expect to lob one up to a balcony only for it to hit off the wall and rebound straight back down to me.
    Yeah, I think that the regular nades' bounce does need a tweak for that as well. It's nice for bouncing them around corners, but it does not help when throwing them up onto balconies.

At the right height you would shoot the nade anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by FireWorks View Post
    At the right height you would shoot the nade anyway...
    You might, doesn't mean it's a universal truth for all circumstances that makes having a nade with the physics of a rubber ball correct...

FEAR THE BEARD! AmishWarMachine's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

I coat my grenades in Flubber™.

Don't you judge me!

Just wanted to sign this saying that this does need looking into. Less bounce plz.
    Steam: Neph
    Twitter: @RiFGamers;
    @Nephaerius
    Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius
    RiFGamers Community - Multi-Platform Gaming Community Connecting Players and Increasing Fun

Add me on any platform, any game, any time. I'm down to play.

A better tweak might be doubling the cooldown time for grenades across the board. Too much grenade spam, grenade shooting, etc in this game. And far too easy to do. Soldiers can throw 3 kinds of grenades now and grenade shoot them. If a soldier hands out zero buffs to team mates, they can go around with GS combo-shooting everyone to death. A tad too much. My take.

I still have no idea what this grenade is doing (click for fullsize):

Yup. I went there.

FEAR THE BEARD! AmishWarMachine's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Verticae View Post

It's the Light-Cycle Grenade.

Quote Originally Posted by Verticae View Post

That grenade is acting a bit obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Wire View Post
    Yeah lobster needs to be fixed definitely.

When I serve a grenade, I don't expect it returned . What they should do is when the lobster grenade makes contact with a soft body (players) target, its bounciness is far reduced when compared to hitting everything else.
    I looked up this thread.

I'm wondering what grenade spamming person you are to suggest such a fix? YOU MUST USE THE EZ-NADE!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    A better tweak might be doubling the cooldown time for grenades across the board. Too much grenade spam, grenade shooting, etc in this game. And far too easy to do. Soldiers can throw 3 kinds of grenades now and grenade shoot them. If a soldier hands out zero buffs to team mates, they can go around with GS combo-shooting everyone to death. A tad too much. My take.
    that's a different problem - spam isn't that bad, but nadeshooting is just gay (up there with cortex bomb and downed fire in things that i would remove completely from the game).

however back to the physics point - are we going to get any feedback from SD? just seems a bit pointless to have one way feedback...

that's a different problem - spam isn't that bad, but nadeshooting is just gay (up there with cortex bomb and downed fire in things that i would remove completely from the game).

however back to the physics point - are we going to get any feedback from SD? just seems a bit pointless to have one way feedback...
    Grenade shooting is a tad OP.