What Brink should have been IMO

(hondadude) #1

It feels to me like Brink was an attempt to remake Wolf ET. If so it was a nice try IMO, 'cos Wolf ET is a great game. The things I miss about Wolf ET and MOHAA which are roughly 2002 releases.

1. my gun shooting where I aim - the above mentioned games shot at basically any distance “where my gun was aiming” whether it was a sniper rifle or smg. this meant you could nearly snipe with a smg or sniper rifle from the hip. what is so fundamentally wrong with that? when the 1st cod was released i’m guessing around 2003 ish, they introduced a new gun mechanic Aim Down Sight. which is cool in theory but as a byproduct introduced “randomness” in shot placement with hip fire shooting and high recoil Aim Down Sight shots. this in my opinion created a fundamental shift in gun mechanics which i have painfully endured for the last 8+ years. i want A.D.S to go away forever!!!

2. gun battles - CoD basically cranked up bullet damage with each of their releases, ie “realism”. Wolf ET and MOHAA where not realism games which meant that it was not only good enough to be able to shoot someone in a gun battle, you MUST aim for the head to increase your chances to survive the gun battle (skilled players rewarded for good shooting!!!). which meant the guy who was a better shot would win the engagement. i don’t want a gun to beat me in a gun battle, i want my skill or lack there of to determine if i win an engagement.

look at Counter Strike and Halo, they have managed to “survive” quite well without A.D.S., Splash Damage can too!

Brink imo lacked these two fundamental things which MOHAA, Wolf ET, Counter Strike and Halo still have and are all GREAT games.

• Honda

(lenniebrandon142) #2

hello
smokeless cigarettes - best e cig - buying electronic cigarettes

(Slade05) #3

It wasn`t.

(FireWorks) #4

You sum up how many other here think about the gunplay, especially the pc players.

Maybe you want to engage in the weapon discussion section in the subforum. Weapon tweaks are the thing, that they are working on right now.