Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Downed Fire: Weapon Tweaks Please!

Downed Fire: Weapon Tweaks Please!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    Can you make Downed Fire more effected by fatigue, pain, narrow vision, fixed range of motion please? Pretty please. So annoying when they can follow you around as you dance around their body with no effect on their accuracy.
    This would be much appreciated.

Re: Downed Fire: Weapon Tweaks Please!

I think the biggest problem with downed fire is that they're so hard to notice. You probably can't change the anim at this point, but it would have been better to have them half-sitting like the 'using syringe' anim, as opposed to prone.

Don't nerf the aim/vision any more than it is, if anything just make them gib faster.

FEAR THE BEARD! AmishWarMachine's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by cptincognito View Post
    I think the biggest problem with downed fire is that they're so hard to notice. You probably can't change the anim at this point, but it would have been better to have them half-sitting like the 'using syringe' anim, as opposed to prone.

Don't nerf the aim/vision any more than it is, if anything just make them gib faster.
    ^THIS^

It's unnerving that I put a half-clip into someone to incap them, and have to put another half clip into them to gib.

Why is a half-clip of bullets == the butt of my gun? Just doesn't seem quite right.

Objection! Such effects feel very annoying, as they change the control. It was aweful with the Trojan AA until it got patched and its why people hate the auto pilot buffing. Also people want extra sensiblity for sniperrifles (or all ADS?) for more control.

And the accuracy is quite aweful tbh. With the ritchie even when waiting for a complete spread reset you cant hit what you actually aim for. More then 3 meters is just luck.

If you cant gib your enemies, you deserve to die anyway

My suggestion was to make downed fire cross hairs all wobbly like the person is fighting to keep consciousness.

You shouldnt have to kill someone you have already shot down once. And more importantly, you shouldnt be punished for gibbing with mellee by getting a bullet between the eyes from the player using no skill at all, and no aim that you have already killed.

Also the auto weapons and shotgun while downed are stupidly powerful on the ground. I swear people do more damage against me after iv killed them in this game.....cortex bombs and downed fire are lame.
    Violence is not the answer. It is the question. The answer is Yes.

Aka Seraphic_Mercenary, .Headsh0t

pragmatic incrementalist thesuzukimethod's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

the weird thing about downed fire, is if a player is keyed in on you having it, it seems like you never even get a shot off, but if a player is oblivious, it seems like you can empty clip after clip w/o people noticing (thank you kross)...

where you fall matters, if there are level 20+ bots on the server matters (they notice!), but there are times when it feels like DF is useless b/c i never get a shot off, and there are other times that i'm pretty sure "most kills" (for me) was attributable to DF.

so i guess it already seems balanced. except when it doesnt, and then it's either completely OP or UP (depending on whether i'm giving or receiving) lol...

one suggestion that floated around that I like has to do with how DF players appear on radar....do they? if not (and they are firing) why not? if so, make it persistent - i.e. once they fire, they are on rader till they respawn..

this way, a diligent radar user would know "hey, there's a DF guy in there...better be careful" but the DF guy wouldnt be bled out by every random bullet that hit him before the ability was even useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    You shouldnt have to kill someone you have already shot down once. And more importantly, you shouldnt be punished for gibbing with mellee by getting a bullet between the eyes from the player using no skill at all, and no aim that you have already killed.

Also the auto weapons and shotgun while downed are stupidly powerful on the ground. I swear people do more damage against me after iv killed them in this game.....cortex bombs and downed fire are lame.
    ^This x10.

I agree with the OP, they have already (I think) done some things with the visablity as far as darkening the screen, maybe it's just my settings on my television, but a varying range and or steadily moving reticule immitating fatigue and/or the tunnel vision occuring durring a black out would make this much less of a threat.

On the same note let me bring this up, they should also tweak the bots use of this ability (as well as some others in the same repect.) when you incap a bot they are able to IMMEDIATLEY use they're secondary abilities and you end up, just after a fire fight with no chance to recoup or finish them off, being killed by their downed fire (or cortex bombs.) They should have a time delay just as a normal player would.
    Last edited by BiigDaddyDellta; 13th Aug 2011 at 22:24.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWorks View Post
    Objection!
    Sustained! I agree
    "Your bręking me hard!"

#1 on Xbox Leaderboard FrankieGodskin's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

As a Soldier with scavenge, it's very easy for me to see if someone's downed or dead, since they have the eagle claw once they're wiped out. This helps during a firefight, but if I walk into an area and am caught unaware by someone with downed fire, things become difficult.

A simple solution is that people with downed fire should remain on radar until their bodies are cleared.

Increase the time between getting incapped and pulling out your downed weapon?

Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
    Processor: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.4 GHz
    Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 GB @ 3200 MHz
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti @ 1469 MHz | 388.13 (30th October 2017)
    Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP @ 1920x1200 (16:10)
    Sound: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
    Peripherals: K70 RGB 'Sails'; Mionix Naos 8200; Ergodex DX1

Though i use it as a medic with selfres ... i think its too hard sometimes.

So:

- either make it more remarkable, so its not that surprise.. by acoustics ( moan in Pain and sort of reloading sound but special) ... or by animation.

- no 360 degree while downed and firing ... so its easier to counteratak or teabag

- more blurry visuals for downed gunners

Quote Originally Posted by thesuzukimethod View Post
    the weird thing about downed fire, is if a player is keyed in on you having it, it seems like you never even get a shot off, but if a player is oblivious, it seems like you can empty clip after clip w/o people noticing (thank you kross)...

where you fall matters, if there are level 20+ bots on the server matters (they notice!), but there are times when it feels like DF is useless b/c i never get a shot off, and there are other times that i'm pretty sure "most kills" (for me) was attributable to DF.
    I have to agree with this guy. Although DF an be very annoying most of the time I dont give people the chance to use it. I kill incapped people whether they have DF or not and anyone who doesnt want a laz-nade induced platoon of zombies getting up around their objective should do the same.

Like someone said above when you dont see that someone has DF for whatever reason or if they have a mossington or SMG as a secondary they can be even more annoying then usual but still thats only if they are given the chance to use DF.

If you ignore an operative with a cortex bomb you get blown p too. Just finish everybody off like the bots do and you will have a happy day.

I think DF is fine to be honest. It doesn't work against alert players....is occasionally effective in chaos.

I like using downed fire myself (Kross mainly) + I think you can notice the anim very quickly on others (if you're looking out for it).

I really like the way it works right now. Being able to get that engineer before he disarms your charge as he didn't see he hadn't quite finished you off (especially when there are a couple of bodies besides you) is sweet indeed + there are many instances where downed fire has saved the day for me.

It's great when you're downed but manage to kill a few guys in a fierce choke point allowing your medic to reach + then revive you.

If people are finding it too OP I'd suggest just removing the reticule entirely, but not altering the accuracy.

I'm surprised more people don't take this ability, it's essential for me.

Most Recent Awards:

Don't nerf my Downed Fire!

It's my favorite Ability in Brink. Wish the stats site showed what % kills are Downed Fire kills. I'm sure I'd be near 50/50. It's perfect as it becomes ineffectual once the enemy team remembers to kill that annoying guy who uses Downed Fire all the time. So it isn't overpowered as long as the enemy is paying attention.

-JJ
    "Banacek yourself before you Banawreck yourself."
    -Throbblefoot

"If British cops really did look like the behemoth in the middle, there would be a lot less bull**** outside the kebab shops thats for sure."
    -Spendlove

PC: Jimmy James

Whats the problem adapting to new mechanics?

Back in the days you literally fragmented your kills.
    Then we got games with incapacited guys and medics to bring them back to the fight. Sure we shouted at the noobs for not gibbing their kills and suddenly a medic passed by to revive them all.

Now they extend it by some more abilities like shooting or the cortex and it goes mimimi. Whats the matter with battlesense? When you kill someone, you look at him and see if he will get downfire in a few seconds or not. Gib him or clear the area. If your kill was an operative, be aware that he could cortex you. Gib him or clear the area, you get a radio warning about too!

Ok you are use to shoot people and leave them on the ground? Get used to gib them now.

If you are not in the habit of shooting incapped players then you deserve to be shot by DF, blown up by a cortex, or shot in the back by a rezzed player you already killed. The only time I usually get killed by DF is when there are other baddies running around that im focused on and so it goes thats the name of the game. Usually anytime im playing with buddies or forum friends they kill my incapped body asap. Usually in pubbers they will walk away and that's their own fault. It already takes time to pull out your gun and if you pay close attention to the people you kill you can actually see who has DF by the animation they show when they go down.

Just kill all incapped players and you wont have to worry about any of the nasty things that come with leaving them lying on the floor.

Fuk dis. Downed fire, I mean. When I'm about to reach Rank 5 I've already moved on to another character.