Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Downed Fire: Weapon Tweaks Please!

Re: Downed Fire: Weapon Tweaks Please!

Im having trouble making more than four characters I covered every class and have one designated class. Anyways, I don't see a reason down fire shouldn't be there but just as incap im tired of wating a grenade or a whole clip killing someone I've already taken down once.

Hmm, I wonder where they got the idea for downed-fire from? --'rolls eyes
    Go play that game for circus kills.

Be original.
    Who would bite such a tacky feature anyway?

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 1111 View Post
    Fuk dis. Downed fire, I mean. When I'm about to reach Rank 5 I've already moved on to another character.
    [sarcasm]Insightful![/sarcasm]

-JJ
    "Banacek yourself before you Banawreck yourself."
    -Throbblefoot

"If British cops really did look like the behemoth in the middle, there would be a lot less bull**** outside the kebab shops thats for sure."
    -Spendlove

PC: Jimmy James

The problem with Downed Fire I see as one of the few operatives is, that it is a universal trait which makes Com-Hack completly impossible.
    Imo a universal trait should not counter a class specific trait.

Standing next to an incapped enemy for around 5 seconds is a dead sentence if they have DF, so yeah, I'm all for a nerf, or a replacement.

pragmatic incrementalist thesuzukimethod's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

when i get coms hacked, i lose my ability to DF....you mean that it's dangerous to get close enough, right?

my number one problem with downed fire is that smgs are WAY too powerful in it. i cant tell you the times i have downed 3-5 people with downed fire because of a buffed galactic as my secondary. smgs were built to be hipfired, and that is what you get with them in downed fire. i think they (and maybe all weapons) should get massive recoil when in downed fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandem View Post
    Hmm, I wonder where they got the idea for downed-fire from? --'rolls eyes
    That's one of the many things I dislike about that particular franchise and it pained me to see Brink basically C+Ving the mechanics. You have no idea how my heart plummeted when I saw that first Abilities trailer where they showed off the Cortex Bomb.

Regards,
    Nexo

Yesterday I was playing on Aquarium. I had knocked down a dude at the MG nest facing the ramp. My turret was facing him a foot away from him. He had downed fire. I was crouched and shooting him from behind my turret to finish him off, and he killed me with Downed Fire! Are you serious? Ha ha ha. Waaaaaaaay over powered.

I'm acctually thinking of stripping downed fire from my light, he's an operative medic so I already have downed options and my automatic pistol is so bad from the ground (actually it's bad standing up) that I never get an dammn kills.... maybe I should try another weapon first/ any opinions?

XXXBrink Hardcore ClubXXX Oschino1907's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    You shouldnt have to kill someone you have already shot down once. And more importantly, you shouldnt be punished for gibbing with mellee by getting a bullet between the eyes from the player using no skill at all, and no aim that you have already killed.

Also the auto weapons and shotgun while downed are stupidly powerful on the ground. I swear people do more damage against me after iv killed them in this game.....cortex bombs and downed fire are lame.
    Totally agree, downed fire is becomming one of the few things in this game that makes me rage, sometimes its just stupidly unfiar and ridculous. Really everyone saying you need to pay attention or finish off everyone needs to get off their Downed Fire band wagon and look at this from all sides, its not game breaking but def unfair at times becuase of inconsistancies. LOL and I think JJ saying he could possibly have a 50:50 split says enough, shouldn't have any kind of large percentage of kills solely due to downed fire.

1) Shouldnt have the same health as an incapacitated person, you should have to sacrifice health to use downed fire. Its bull to "kill" someone and the n have them get like a whole nother life bar wihile laying in a prone position. Chaces are you will need to reload or switch weapons to finish them off (if there isnt other baddies around) and they just fall and auto switch to secondary but now prone and with more health. So what do you do, gib them, shoot them with secondary, reload behind cover (if there is any), run away, chuck a grenade (if you have one ready) etc... Pretty much you have a quick desicion to make and its life or death while they have only one option, fall and just start unloading on closest person (usualy the killer).
    Having it paired with cortex is retarded as well, sorry but its like martydom (already cheap as balls) being paired with last stand in COD (but even they don't allow that), its cheap and only for skilless noobs or vets with no self respect, shouldnt be able to pair together those two things together but lets leave that for another thread.

2) LOL at the just finish them off, if you are up close have fun trying to shoot them before they blast you and kill you or take over half your life, not to mention the gibbing sucks at times and you will melee (sometimes two different melees as the game cant make its mind up) and it will take 2-4 swings/butts to actually hit them giving them more then enough time to shoot you.

3) The fact that they can still use it and be unseen/practically unseen because they are in a pile of other bodies that hides them or they fall with their upper half inside a wall or other obstruction totally hiding their shooting from sight. Really stupid to be killed by what seems like just a pair of legs sticking out from a wall or from a pile of bodies at the end of a hallway because they are prone.

4) Prone, really prone, wtf so you get killed and now get rewarded with more health, use of secondary gun and now PRONE, seriously PRONE. Like others said, make them sit up or a similar position to self res, no reason to reward a "dead" player with prone when its left out of the game for a reason. Sure you cant ADS or fire as well but up close its only an advantage with almost zero down sides. Just taking away a "prone" position and making it more sitting up would take away many of the problems with downed fire as they are easier to spot and not hiddin as well in bodies or obstructions while being easier to shoot.

Oh and a question if anyone knows, does it matter where you shoot someone when they are down like it does when they are standing??? It feels like its equal damage no matter where you shoot a downed guy while he can still headshot or drain life faster by shooting at more vital areas.

Lol sorry but this is as i said one of the very few things that makes me want to rage and stop playing especially when things go sour in a tight battle due to downed fire cheapness. Its not always a big problem but compared to other abilities its def overpowered, hell even a cortex can be blocked out by EMP grenades (and from range), only ability to stop downed fire I believe is comms hack and that requires you to be very close (good luck), I have done it often (find it better then gibbing most times up close due to gibbing glitches) and there is nothing better then standing over or spinning around a douche with DF while he just looks up with his gun pointed at you unable to do a thing.
    Last edited by Oschino1907; 14th Aug 2011 at 14:40.
    \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \
    Add me on PSN if you, as I do, have a Mic, a Brain and want to WIN!!!

Get your bag of popcornS ready, It's go clock now!!!

If you play the game lame then it will be lame, don't blame the game for YOU being lame!

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by BiigDaddyDellta View Post
    I'm acctually thinking of stripping downed fire from my light, he's an operative medic so I already have downed options and my automatic pistol is so bad from the ground (actually it's bad standing up) that I never get an dammn kills.... maybe I should try another weapon first/ any opinions?
    I dont use machine pistols much, find them much better as a panic spray and pray close range weapon (very effective) but useless with any kind of range compared to other pistols in the game. Just use it situationally, like if you can going for something in a tight area, have a light rifle or enjoy being very up close and personal. Otherwise stick with a high capacity pistol (for easy hip firing but accurate at range when aiming) or a Seagle if you are half accurate with it. Ritchie is great if you want "sniping" like ability to go with a spray and pray SMG.
    \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \

If you play the game lame then it will be lame, don't blame the game for YOU being lame!

Quote Originally Posted by Oschino1907 View Post
    1) Shouldnt have the same health as an incapacitated person, you should have to sacrifice health to use downed fire. Its bull to "kill" someone and the n have them get like a whole nother life bar wihile laying in a prone position.
    I'd just like to point out that they do actually have much less health than plain incapacitated players.
    Otherwise valid points, as usual.

Regards,
    Nexo

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Nexolate View Post
    I'd just like to point out that they do actually have much less health than plain incapacitated players.
    Otherwise valid points, as usual.

Regards,
    Nexo
    Oh thanks for letting me know, thought I may have heard somethin like that before but it just seems the same when in game. Any idea of the actual HP given? Wouldn't be surprised if it was only minimal difference...
    Last edited by Oschino1907; 14th Aug 2011 at 16:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Oschino1907 View Post
    Oh thanks for letting me know, thought I may have heard somethin like that before but it just seems the same when in game. Any idea of the actual HP given? Wouldn't be surprised if it was only minimal differance...
    I will see if I can do some testing on bots. I'm not sure if they use Downed Fire though.

Regards,
    Nexo

EDIT: Ok. Here's the tests. I used a Galactic with a Silencer which does the following damage...

Base Damage:

Now pay attention because this is where things get interesting, at least for me. This is what happens after you kill someone without Downed Fire. The first number is the last bullet to kill, showing 0 HP. The last is the time when the player gets sent to spectator.

Without Downed Fire:

Your damage gets halved! No wonder it always takes so much bloody ammo to gib an incapacitated player, you have to shoot twice as many bullets. So what about with Downed Fire?

With Downed Fire:

Your damage does not get affected and as such even though the HP they have is the same (roughly 100), they die twice as fast! No wonder shooting someone with Downed Fire isn't much of a hassle, they're actually taking the full damage.

P.S. Don't ask me what that random 10 is. Must've shot him in the leg or something.
    Last edited by Nexolate; 14th Aug 2011 at 16:59.

Most Recent Awards:

I'm not sure what the health level of a person in Downed Fire mode is but it does seem a bit high. I have to unload half a CARB-9 magazine into an enemy who's down to finish them. Even a direct hit with a frag grenade (not upgraded) doesn't finish them every time. Very odd.

-JJ
    "Banacek yourself before you Banawreck yourself."
    -Throbblefoot

"If British cops really did look like the behemoth in the middle, there would be a lot less bull**** outside the kebab shops thats for sure."
    -Spendlove

PC: Jimmy James

Quote Originally Posted by Varonth View Post
    The problem with Downed Fire I see as one of the few operatives is, that it is a universal trait which makes Com-Hack completly impossible.
    Imo a universal trait should not counter a class specific trait.

Standing next to an incapped enemy for around 5 seconds is a dead sentence if they have DF, so yeah, I'm all for a nerf, or a replacement.
    I have run into this issue as well. If you sway back and forth while you comm-hack it fools the bots in downed fire, but not humans. Comms hack is defeated by Downed Fire which is another indication of how overpowered it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    I have run into this issue as well. If you sway back and forth while you comm-hack it fools the bots in downed fire, but not humans. Comms hack is defeated by Downed Fire which is another indication of how overpowered it is.
    comms hack disables downed fire though. downed fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom12121112 View Post
    comms hack disables downed fire though. downed fire.
    No it doesn't. Not until you are successful. You can be still shot.

pragmatic incrementalist thesuzukimethod's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    No it doesn't. Not until you are successful. You can be still shot.
    99.99% sure (on ps3) that as soon as comms hack start, DF is disabled...a few times i thought - ooh, gonna get this guy walking up, but before i started to fire, comms hack started and unable to DF. maybe if comms hack starts before DF?

Got comms hacked a bunch on Sat by this guy who was maining Ops all day. Anytime he STARTED to Comms Hack me, I couldn't use downed fire. Even if I had my gun out and popped off a round or two, once the CH started, I lost my downed fire ability.

Might have been updated with the DLC. I remember when I was maining Ops a month ago, downed-fire enemies could still shoot me.

This has been changed FOR SURE.