Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lobster GL - Give it some love

Re: Lobster GL - Give it some love

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Also Ritchie is perfect as it is imo
    This. Ritchie is one of the few guns in this game I'd call satisfying. Powerful, accurate and a decent kick to mean it can be spammed too easily.

As for ARs, accuracy boost definitely. At the moment they're only useful for the first couple shots when the enemy's well outside normal engagement ranges.

Regards,
    Nexo

the lobster is a powerful weapon right now, but i think it (as well as the EZ nade) need a significant reserve ammo buff. as it sits now, you can only use these weapons as a soldier.

XXXBrink Hardcore ClubXXX Oschino1907's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by thesuzukimethod View Post
    my standard use is intermediate range "headshots". it knocks the guy down, and the grenade bounces pretty much straight into the air, lands at the guys feet just as he is getting up, and then kills him.

According to the brink stats site, i do 88 points in damage per lobster shot (including all non-damage producing shots)

If you assume that i've spammed it a bunch when it didnt hit anything (i have, both in downed fire with my heavy, and when i was learning to use it) that number is certainly higher.

if it exploded on impact it would basically be a OHK on both lights and mediums if you had the double engi weapon buff. but it wouldnt have any cooldown other than the reload (waaaay worse than GS)
    I use it mostly as a secondary even with the Medium (use SMG as main), and I have a lot of damage and kills for time used. I love getting headshots because as you say it tends to pop straight up and fall back on them so its hard for them to even get back up but you got to admit it suck balls having it hit a not so friendly place and bounce directly back at you.

Also at times though I do miss the faster reload from before the patch but it could really be cheap as it was easy to keep whole groups knocked down. Would love to see just the reload time slightly reduced from where it is now, just a tiny little bit, otherwise I still find it to be very useful and among my fav "secondary" weapons. Great for fairly decent ranges as well when people camp out spots.

ROCK LOBSTER!!!!!
    \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ / --- \ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \ --- / \/ \/ \
    Add me on PSN if you, as I do, have a Mic, a Brain and want to WIN!!!

Get your bag of popcornS ready, It's go clock now!!!

If you play the game lame then it will be lame, don't blame the game for YOU being lame!

pragmatic incrementalist thesuzukimethod's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

indeed. the rock lobster is camper antidote in the hands of a skilled arcer (yes, that is supposed to be arc-er (not archer), as in someone who shoots in an arc, lol)

it's also sniper antidote (just ask seacliffer...lol! he and i had a good laff about that one)...

i'm happy with the lobster as is...but like Os said...a slight decrease in reload time and/or a small increase in ammo capacity would be nice....as it stands now, if your playing medium it's tough to consider as a primary unless you are soldier and can guarantee the reload

Talking Re: Lobster GL - Give it some love

I find Lobster the perfect weapon for security on CC when i get stuck in the 1 spawn with all the resistance camping with sniper rifles. What i would like to be changed is the "bounce back" when you hit someone in front of you with a shell, i mean some times is like playing Badminton or ping-pong. So many times i find myself Shooting the Lobster and the nade in coming back like i am a magnet.
    Do i need to shoot it in a right spot on a player: head/torso/legs to counter the coming back and the nade/shell to drop to his feet, or this is how has intended from the start?
    Other than that i find it perfect from my point of view damage/bounce on walls, etc.
    VOPSEA SANGE SI MITRALIERE

Quote Originally Posted by Dormamu View Post
    I find Lobster the perfect weapon for security on CC when i get stuck in the 1 spawn with all the resistance camping with sniper rifles. What i would like to be changed is the "bounce back" when you hit someone in front of you with a shell, i mean some times is like playing Badminton or ping-pong. So many times i find myself Shooting the Lobster and the nade in coming back like i am a magnet.
    Do i need to shoot it in a right spot on a player: head/torso/legs to counter the coming back and the nade/shell to drop to his feet, or this is how has intended from the start?
    Other than that i find it perfect from my point of view damage/bounce on walls, etc.
    The Lobster Lovers Anonymous group has been asking for less bounce back when hitting human targets. I'd like to see it THUD into the person and drop to their feet. That should be the bonus for landing the perfect shot. For now, just aim at the floor about 5-10 feet in front of your target. Not easy to do if they're up on a balcony but on level ground or if you're up high, you can do it. Just gotta get creative with the bounce angles sometimes. Don't aim for targets directly, aim near them and hope the Nade gets them after the first bounce off the floor/wall/etc.

The amount of damage I have dished out with the Lobster is immense. However, the number of kills is very, very low in comparison. It is frustrating when the grenade pings off them so far when you get a direct hit and then does a teeny amount of damage. The knockdown effect is nice however and has helped me immensly when the team need to bust into a hard defended position.

I use it on my medium medic as primary weapon, its great for bouncing round corners and into cover but you have to be careful on friendly fire servers as it will cause havoc if you are careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Spendlove View Post
    The amount of damage I have dished out with the Lobster is immense. However, the number of kills is very, very low in comparison. It is frustrating when the grenade pings off them so far when you get a direct hit and then does a teeny amount of damage. The knockdown effect is nice however and has helped me immensly when the team need to bust into a hard defended position.

I use it on my medium medic as primary weapon, its great for bouncing round corners and into cover but you have to be careful on friendly fire servers as it will cause havoc if you are careless.
    One of my favorite bounce spots is on Aquarium, playing as Resistance (defense). At the 1st Obj, while guarding the two doors, I go to the side with the far balcony the Sec like to jump off from, aka the side that's to the right of the Res spawn area. I stand under the balcony, point my Lobster up at the dividing wall in the room, and bounce Lobsternades up onto the balcony right above my head.

I loooooooove getting a few kills a match that way because I know the people I killed are probably shouting "WTF?!?!!?"

Most Recent Awards:

I think the lobster could be tweaked in this way.

At long range (say distance from Res spawn on CC to the Hack Obj building) the nade should explode on hit.

At medium/short range the nade should bounce as it does.

I am not sure how you would implement this, I guess its something to do with the nade cook off time that would need tweaking but I think this would make it a better gun.
    >CnN< Ceppy

This gun is strange in that the grenade can bounce off your enemy and back towards you. I tried it out and this was often times weird to deal with. Switching to the Chinzor seemed much more reliable. Lobster is most efficient if you're a soldier. Is how I look at it.

Just gonna add my 2 cents here

Personally i think damage is fine, but the accesability to reach that damage needs to be tweeked, i think the lobster should explode on impact on long r anges, drop close to the hit player on medium ranges, but have a long boucne at close range, this means skilled players that can nail someone at long ranges would be rewarded due to the hit on target.
    #I used the deadwood to make the fire rise
    The blood of innocence burning in the skies
    I filled my cup with the rising of the sea
    And poured it out in an ocean of debris

I'm swimming in the smoke
    Of bridges I have burned
    So don't apologize
    I'm losing what I don't deserve
    What I don't deserve#

Owned by ANOOBis

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    This gun is strange in that the grenade can bounce off your enemy and back towards you. I tried it out and this was often times weird to deal with. Switching to the Chinzor seemed much more reliable. Lobster is most efficient if you're a soldier. Is how I look at it.
    A little RL story I read in a book called "Chickenhawk" wich is actually one of my alltime favorites. Its about and written by a Huey pilot back then in Vietnam. I can't remember it exactly, but I think it was this way; they were sitting in the choppaaaaaaaah and some newbie played around with his grenade launcher and triggered a shot. this thing went through the roof of the helo without exploding. I don't remember if finally did explode, but the thing is, that a HE-grenade gets only armed after it has spun so and so many times. So if it hit something before it spun enough times it won't explode at all. At least back then. But I'm sure they still keep this kinda safety mechanism on the average HE round.
    Last edited by .FROST.; 20th Sep 2011 at 11:58.
    !!!!! CASUAL PLAYA !!!!!

MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) (MS-7672)
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
    Gainward GeForce GTX 570 Phantom(1280MB)
    Kingston DDR3-1333(667MHz) 2 x 4GB