Poll: What weapons do you use the least?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Least Used Weapons

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Most Recent Awards:

Thumbs down Least Used Weapons

Another poll for people to vote for their least used weapons.

Please vote for as many (or few) as you want and post any reasons why below.

We'll create a new poll after each wave of changes is pushed live.

To vote for your favourite weapons, please go here:
    http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30430
    Last edited by Smooth; 12th Aug 2011 at 10:41.
    Senior Game Designer & Analyst | Splash Damage Ltd
    Dirty Bomb | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Reddit | Discord

Re: Least Used Weapons

Nice idea with the whole feedback from community.. I say by far used less are the grenade launchers weapons the most, I know the reasoning why they are the way they are, but honestly the G-Launchers weapons are just plain unsatisfying visually and in damage spread.

Most Recent Awards:

The gerund feels very lousy after the patch. IMO the gerund should feel the most accurate, yet I get more accurate shots off of the Rhett and sometimes even the Euston when ADS.
    RAD Soldier Username: Tower-Defender

Almost voted for the ones I use the most. That would've thrown off the poll. Plain english sometimes is not idiot proof. Caught myself.

I read the Badman post. How do we choose Platform Prefix? I don't get it.

LOL/

No one likes the Kalt pistol.

Something tells me a buff is inbound for it.

Most Recent Awards:

The Kalt already got a buff, didn't it? ... or at least a rebalancing.

IMO I like the Tokmak better then the Kalt. The Kalt is not different enough for me when compared to the Tokmak, and it FIRES much faster then the Kalt.

Also the Belgo needs an extra magazine or 2. That thing runs out of bullets waaaay too fast. Amount of ammo should be scaled to how much damage each individual bullet deals. ... Not how much damage it deals per a second.
    Last edited by Hot-Wire; 12th Aug 2011 at 17:41.

I rarely if ever use pistols. Heavy FTW!
    * The cut scenes are the lobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<a href=http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x227/FOG-digitalzero/-BRINK-/kronus126_Sig_01.jpg target=_blank>http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...126_Sig_01.jpg</a>

Oh, if only the tokmak and colt were automatics and had more ammo...

"insightful quote" - famous dude.

Quote Originally Posted by kronus126 View Post
    i rarely if ever use pistols. Heavy ftw!
    heavy weapons guy!

Most Recent Awards:

Also the Dragnov should receive a buff.

Maybe make it 10 shots, instead of 6 and even less recoil when ADS.. so you can actually make use of rapid fire on this rifle.

I would love the barnet having 5 shots too . That seems like a more traditional ammo count for that type of rifle. They can always balance that, by slowing down its refire rate slightly.

Voted Gerund/Belgo/Kross/Maximum/Mossington/FRKN/Rhett.

Gerund - Even though it's got awesome accuracy sighted, it's just not enough to compensate for the recoil and spread rate, even in controlled bursts.
    Belgo - Why use this if I could do better with the regular pistols? I see no point of having a 20/60 gun that can barely take one person out when I can get double kills with a Kalt/Tokmak.
    Kross - The Galactic's low damage is offset by 45 rounds. The Kross? It's 1 damage higher but it's 10 rounds lower per mag. It's great for hipfire, but like I said, I'd rather use the Galactic or a pistol.
    Maximus - Use the Chinzor. That is all.
    Mossington - It's so inconsistent even at CQB, or maybe because it requires you to be in their face to one shot. No wait, that doesn't work either, even when double buffed.
    FRKN - The spread/recoil while sighted is kinda okay, prevents another death laser M16/FAMAS (for those who play Call of Duty), but the refire rate could use some more tweaking, as well as the actual rate of fire.
    Rhett - The Galactic, once again, has less recoil and is more accurate. This only has low recoil. It's got the worst accuracy sighted.

Yeah, ARs need some sort of buff, because I see no reason why people would use them at all. I use the Euston/Rokstedi for fun (mainly the Rokstedi), but I would rather run Light Rifle/Pistol, SMG/Pistol, or Dual SMG.
    PC (Steam) - jober911 [Karma.eX]Saku~nya~nya
    PS3 - SakuyaFM

The Almighty Brink Master
    Most Recent Awards:

I have a hard time trying to convince myself to use the ez-nade when I'm heavy...
    I hate it being used on myself...
    Only use it if the other team gets me enraged.
    I may not have much of a life, but the 1 i do live I enjoy every minute of it...
    Give or take a second or two.

Tempted to vote for a pistol, but at the end of the day they're secondaries and behave pretty much like I'd expect them to. Voted for the FRKN-3K AR, the medium has a lot of good options for a primary weapon and choosing FRKN-3K AR as the primary weapon feels like one is gimping one's self.

Voted for Tokmak, kalt, galactic, FRKN, Mossington and both grenade launcher.

Heres why:

Tokmak/kalt - Damage too low, takes too long to kill even if perfectly accurate.

Galactic - Damage too low, nice spread, but if aim at the same level as a player using another weapon they will win. Its too weak, it actually puts you at a considerable disadvantage.

FRKN - Poor damage, rof isnt great, spread isnt good enough to compensate.

Mossington - Random spread, slow rof, limmited range, not as effective as smgs at close range.

Nade launchers - Punish accuracy by not exploding if you hit the target. EZ nade is just spam, easy to counter.

@Sakuya belgo is incredibly powerful if the user can aim. Same with kross, and maximus. Should start using these weapons, they all reward good aim and punish bad aim.
    Violence is not the answer. It is the question. The answer is Yes.

Aka Seraphic_Mercenary, .Headsh0t

I'm surprised by how low the Mossington's scoring, I've been seeing it a lot lately ...Or maybe that's people getting annoyed that I keep killing them with it.

Oh well. Hopefully this means it'll get another buff. More fun for me. ^^

Regards,
    Nexo

- Any weapon unlocked by having a Heavy character
    - Barnett rifle
    - Kalt Pistol

Reasons:
    - All the Heavy guns are supposed to make you feel stupid and gain less actual kills than you would by choosing a Light character and an SMG. It's fun to shoot like a maniac for 15 minutes unless you notice your Minigun, LMG or Full-auto Shotgun doesn't do a **** in 1vs1 situation.
    - Barnett Rifle's learning curve isn't something I choose to work with while playing Brink. It's bolt-action if I remember right (anyway you have to wait a lot between shots), has 4 bullets per mag, takes half an hour to reload and you'll never get a 1-hit kill anyway. Not worth my time, sorry.
    - Nothing special against Kalt Pistol, it's just statistically the worst choise.

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by VG_JUNKY View Post
    I have a hard time trying to convince myself to use the ez-nade when I'm heavy...
    I hate it being used on myself...
    Only use it if the other team gets me enraged.
    I use it to enrange VG_Junky's team.

Hiding behind cover? That isn't going to help you .

Toss and a Swoosh!!

*Sees enemies ragdoll around the room*

The most deadly eznaders are the ones who know how to ark it just right on a dime .

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Wire View Post
    The most deadly eznaders are the ones who play against very inexperienced players
    Fixed that for ya!
    Violence is not the answer. It is the question. The answer is Yes.

Aka Seraphic_Mercenary, .Headsh0t

suprised at the FRKN-3k. kkicks ass right now. Kalt DOES do more damage than tokmak.(though the bar is screwed up)

voted for hammerdeim, maximus and Gotlung.

I use the chiznore effeciently as a ehavy
    #I used the deadwood to make the fire rise
    The blood of innocence burning in the skies
    I filled my cup with the rising of the sea
    And poured it out in an ocean of debris

I'm swimming in the smoke
    Of bridges I have burned
    So don't apologize
    I'm losing what I don't deserve
    What I don't deserve#

Owned by ANOOBis

Quote Originally Posted by iezza View Post
    suprised at the FRKN-3k. kkicks ass right now. Kalt DOES do more damage than tokmak.(though the bar is screwed up)

voted for hammerdeim, maximus and Gotlung.

I use the chiznore effeciently as a ehavy
    I really like the idea of the FRKN, a burst AR with better accuracy than its full auto counterparts, the problem is the accuracy isn't good enough right now to compensate for not being able to be used full auto. On the other hand, the Rockstedi is great, because its accuracy does compensate for not being able to be used as a full auto, so the FRKN kinda feels like its stuck in limbo - I don't see the point in using it over an AR that can be fired full auto or using it over the Rockstedi which offers higher precision. Basically the full auto ars have the advantage over the FRKN in medium-short range while the Rockstedi has the advantage over the FRKN in medium-long range. As a result, the FRKN is more of a style choice, not necessarily a practical choice. Less recoil would probably go a long way, maybe a faster rof, but I think less recoil alone would make a huge difference.