Poll: What weapons do you use the least?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Least Used Weapons

Re: Least Used Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by iezza View Post
    Kalt DOES do more damage than tokmak.(though the bar is screwed up)
    The bar's not screwed up. It's just mislabeled.

Fun Fact: The Damage bar in game is actually Damage Per Second. It's why the Euston has higher damage than any other rifle and the Rokstedi looks really weak, because of their respective RoFs.

I recently updated the Weapons tables on Brink Wikia to reflect this. Check 'em out.

Regards,
    Nexo

Haasdonk, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium, Belgium
    Most Recent Awards:

I don't use the grenade launchers much, they're just not very interesting. I know they're not supposed to be one shot kills, but they do need some tweeking.

If the grenades would explode on impact of a target and bounce if they hit the ground it would be better. Or maybe if the knockdown timer was longer and you could actually get a second hit for the kill. A cosmetic change would also be nice for the grenades in general, more fire and red tones, please.
    I would like to see a flamethrower though instead of a grenade launcher, maybe in the next DLC.

The Maximus could use some accuracy/stability tweaking, so you could use it for long-range suppression. The other LMG's are fine, I use them for Medium/Short range supression. But since the Maximus has the disadvantage in those ranges it can be good with a ACOG for long range, this is how I use it on one of my characters.

Also I don't use pistols much, if you're a light you really need an SMG to get a kill since you're dead somewhat faster. Pistols are not really that useful, unless you are downed.
    On the other hand the SMG's and the knife are very good, so if my SMG is empty I try to use the knife in favor of the Pistol.
    Last edited by Nosferatu; 13th Aug 2011 at 14:25.

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Fixed that for ya!
    Yeah you would be saying that now. Not after I pump 6 more grenades into your lifeless body, just because I can.

Just because the right method against me is just to simply run towards me and parkour in order to get close, doesn't mean it'll work. (GT should know that)
    RAD Soldier Username: Tower-Defender

Have not voted yet, but I do find myself disappointed with the FRKN-3K AR.

I like accurate weapons but the damage is too low to offset the low RoF IMO. Maybe I'm just not using it right but every time I give it a go I end up not enjoying myself.

For an AR: Close-medium range and I'll take the Euston, medium-long range and I'll go with the Gerund or Rokstedi. I just don't see any place for the FRKN-3K AR to be honest. I'd like to like it, but just can't get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexolate View Post
    The bar's not screwed up. It's just mislabeled.

Fun Fact: The Damage bar in game is actually Damage Per Second. It's why the Euston has higher damage than any other rifle and the Rokstedi looks really weak, because of their respective RoFs.

I recently updated the Weapons tables on Brink Wikia to reflect this. Check 'em out.

Regards,
    Nexo
    But rapid fire not chang this, iezza confused.
    #I used the deadwood to make the fire rise
    The blood of innocence burning in the skies
    I filled my cup with the rising of the sea
    And poured it out in an ocean of debris

I'm swimming in the smoke
    Of bridges I have burned
    So don't apologize
    I'm losing what I don't deserve
    What I don't deserve#

Owned by ANOOBis

I'm really glad the Mossington is so high on this list. Hopefully it gets a proper buff and we can actually use the shotguns in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pinion120 View Post
    I'm really glad the Mossington is so high on this list. Hopefully it gets a proper buff and we can actually use the shotguns in the game.
    Actually I'm seeing the Hjammerdeim being deployed more and more lately and those guys are no slouches in a close up confrontation.

Tbh, I do want the Mossington to get another buff though. Using it today I was finding that the follow-up shots are still pretty atrocious in terms of spread, meaning that if you don't kill them in the first shot then you're dead. =(

Regards,
    Nexo

Quote Originally Posted by Nexolate View Post
    Actually I'm seeing the Hjammerdeim being deployed more and more lately and those guys are no slouches in a close up confrontation.

Tbh, I do want the Mossington to get another buff though. Using it today I was finding that the follow-up shots are still pretty atrocious in terms of spread, meaning that if you don't kill them in the first shot then you're dead. =(

Regards,
    Nexo
    I concur. I have been getting downed by the Hammertime and EZ Nade a lot more since the DLC/patch.

Dunno if the Hammer is still worth being a heavy for, but it is better now.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29
    Most Recent Awards:

The Mossington will be getting more love than the Hjammerdeim.

Cunrrently in playtests the Mossington has 20% tighter (and slightly less random) spread, with 9% dmg reduction, which feels much more reliable than before.

Hjammerdeim has 12% less spread and 14% damage reduction. It sounds like this would be weaker but this shotgun still does 152dmg per shot and the reduced spread means all pellets are more likely to hit.
    Senior Game Designer & Analyst | Splash Damage Ltd
    Dirty Bomb | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Reddit | Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    Shotgun update.
    This sounds fantastic. Reduced damage is a sacrifice I am willing to make if it means that the shotgun no longer decides to randomly start chipping the enemy's teeth.

Also I am loving these in-depth updates you guys are giving, really helps keep us in the know. Thanks!

Regards,
    Nexo

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    Almost voted for the ones I use the most. That would've thrown off the poll. Plain english sometimes is not idiot proof. Caught myself.

I read the Badman post. How do we choose Platform Prefix? I don't get it.
    $hit, I actually did what you just avoided.
    !!!!! CASUAL PLAYA !!!!!

MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) (MS-7672)
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
    Gainward GeForce GTX 570 Phantom(1280MB)
    Kingston DDR3-1333(667MHz) 2 x 4GB

FEAR THE BEARD! AmishWarMachine's Avatar
    Most Recent Awards:

Cunrrently in playtests the Mossington has 20% tighter (and slightly less random) spread, with 9% dmg reduction, which feels much more reliable than before.

Hjammerdeim has 12% less spread and 14% damage reduction. It sounds like this would be weaker but this shotgun still does 152dmg per shot and the reduced spread means all pellets are more likely to hit.
    "Duck Hunt" is about to get really awesome!

Can you guys remove the player slowing down when hip firing the Mossington?

Most Recent Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by AmishWarMachine View Post
    "Duck Hunt" is about to get really awesome!
    I might have to start placing reflex sights on my shotties hahaha.

The guns that are used the least, are they also the guns that have the lowest practical uses or are restricted the most by a less popular body type?

Most Recent Awards:

No one is restricted from using the Kalt or Tokmak.

Any other news we can squeeze out of development today?
    What about the Kalt and the Tokmak? I assume you guys are tweaking those a bit as well considering the poll results.

Kalt, I don't mind personally. It's pretty spammable, which makes it a good panic weapon.
    Tokmak though I don't think I'll ever use in its current state. It's just too weak and inaccurate currently.

Regards,
    Nexo

I'm very interested to know what changes have been made to the Euston (hoping for a bit more accuracy).

Any news on the Rokstedi, Kross + Barnett would be nice too .

Quote Originally Posted by RGS View Post
    I'm very interested to know what changes have been made to the Euston (hoping for a bit more accuracy).

Any news on the Rokstedi, Kross + Barnett would be nice too .
    They're apparently doing reduced spread across the board, so it should be fun trying the weapons again when that patch comes out.

Regards,
    Nexo

Most Recent Awards:

Is it a patch or have they added it to netvar already? I don't know, it would make sense however if they did already add it to netvar, because weapons tuning seems like the most popular type of patch they are going to perform.