Poll: What are your most used / favourite weapons?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Most Used / Favourite Weapons

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Most Recent Awards:

Thumbs up Most Used / Favourite Weapons

Just a quick poll for people to vote for their most used / favourite weapons.

Please vote for as many (or few) as you want and post any reasons why below.

We'll create a new poll after each wave of changes is pushed live.

To vote for least used weapons, please go here:
    http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/s...d.php?p=368939
    Last edited by Smooth; 12th Aug 2011 at 10:42.
    Senior Game Designer & Analyst | Splash Damage Ltd
    Dirty Bomb | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Reddit | Discord

Most Recent Awards:

Re: Most Used / Favourite Weapons

EZnade- My favorite crowd control weapon.
    RAD Soldier Username: Tower-Defender

Yeah. CHINZOR FTW!

Lol.

No one likes the Kalt.

The sea eagle is pretty good.

Rhett is the best.

Engineer: Rhett w/ red dot, weapon shield, duct-tape mag, dual muzzle flash.
    Solider: Rhett w/ red dot, GL, drum mag, dual muzzle flash

I also love what you have done to both the Chinzor and the Maximus
    * The cut scenes are the lobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<a href=http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x227/FOG-digitalzero/-BRINK-/kronus126_Sig_01.jpg target=_blank>http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...126_Sig_01.jpg</a>

Rhett is pretty good.

Chinzor is the best!

I would use the Carb-9 the MOST, but then I'd feel like a dirty abuser. Same reason why I didn't use the AK47u on BlOps.

Sea Eagle is the only pistol I use. It's great for downed fire especially with the rapid fire attachment. I wish the other pistols were as useful.

My SMGs of choice are the Kross and Bulpdaun. Kross is a bullet hose and Bulpdaun feels like an AR. I use the Tampa sometimes just to change it up a bit. All SMGs are outclassed by the Carb-9 though, obviously.

My AR of choice is the Rhett. Love it. But, I use that slot on my Med or Heavy builds now for the Lobster. Lobster is my FAVORITE weapon. My only request would be to please reduce the bounce when the Lobster nade hits a human. It's a strange penalty for landing a direct shot. If anything, I would hope the nade should drop near their feet, not bounce back 15 feet towards me.

ALL the heavy weapon machine guns need a boost of some sort. The disadvantage of being a slow, non-SMART, huge-hitbox, heavy completely outweighs the bonus of being able to hold these pea-shooters. Perhaps all that's needed is some spread tightening, especially on the Gotlung. A light should absolutely fear coming face to face with a heavy and Gotlung, but currently it's a joke. They can hop around and down the heavy in .5 secs with a grenade shot and the carb-9 while the Gotlung bullets are spreading around like mad.

Tampa/Kalt/Rokstedi/Barnett

Tampa - A lot of people prefer the CARB-9, but I love the super-fast reload on the Tampa. It's really not that bad.
    Kalt - Like all pistols, this is underrated. It's got so little recoil for so much damage/DPS.
    Ritchie - Depending on my mood, I'll run this as my long range, or my secondary close range weapon.
    Rokstedi - This is such an amazing defensive weapon, it's so hard to ignore.
    Barnett - Definitely something to use over the Drognav for general sniping.

Quote Originally Posted by SinDonor View Post
    Lobster is my FAVORITE weapon. My only request would be to please reduce the bounce when the Lobster nade hits a human. It's a strange penalty for landing a direct shot. If anything, I would hope the nade should drop near their feet, not bounce back 15 feet towards me.
    Yeah, I hate not having the damn thing explode on someone's face because it bounces so far away from whoever you knocked down.
    PC (Steam) - jober911 [Karma.eX]Saku~nya~nya
    PS3 - SakuyaFM

Assault Rifles need a boost. Make the Medium worthwhile.
    Heavy Weapons. Are just glorified SMGs. I had my muzzle touching a dude's lip last night pumping him full of lead in the teeth with my chinzor and he killed me with an SMG. Can you make it so heavy weapons do more DMG close up? Especially since it takes a Heavy so long to get to the field of battle? So, a Heavy close up should always win against an SMG, but at Mid-range, the Heavy is less effective? Shotgun is waaaay too slow if that's the solution for QCQ and is too slow to equip since nobody is gonna run with a Shotgun as a primary with so much Mid-range Assault Combat.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnemesis75 View Post
    If you vote for the Kalt Pistol you are not anyone I know. Lol.
    LOL you obviously haven't seen me use the Kalt, or any pistol for that matter. I should try to FRAPS one day.
    PS3 - SakuyaFM

Haha, this poll is a lot more ominous than the "least favorite weapon" thread. My favorite weapon isn't going to get nerfed I hope.
    Regardless, I still answered honestly. CARB-9 and the answer is simple: I'd rather run around and circle strafe around enemies, it's much more fun to me than crouching by some box aiming down the sights at some guy across the room. I don't want all or nothing on either side of spectrum, right now I like that they both feel like viable strategies.

Question: what exactly makes Carb-9 seemingly better than Galactic SMG?

I think the choise between two guns is purely up to one's preference and possibly about the looks. Statistically I can't see many differences. Just to say I use Galactic only because I've been using it more before hearing about Carb-9's super powers.

Quote Originally Posted by SakuyaFM View Post
    LOL you obviously haven't seen me use the Kalt, or any pistol for that matter. I should try to FRAPS one day.
    I totally agree. Put me in a match with bots and let me only use the Tokmak.

This gun is only good ADSing but it is fantastic when you do w/ muzzle brake, hi-cap and speed holster. 27 rounds in a mag.
    1) Heavies are completely useless. Because 80% of the players are those "HURR DURRR I PLAY LIGHT WITH A BULPDAUN OR CARB9 AND RUN AROUND LIKE A CHICKEN DERP DERP" and headshot you before you even realized it. The Machine Guns suck sort of too, their recoil is just too damn big.

^
    |
    |

qft

Quote Originally Posted by Unfurl3dRelic View Post
    I totally agree. Put me in a match with bots and let me only use the Tokmak.

This gun is only good ADSing but it is fantastic when you do w/ muzzle brake, hi-cap and speed holster. 27 rounds in a mag.
    ROFL, this was during a pub in the iNh server.

Oh wait, you console fanboys don't have a server browser or dedis.
    PS3 - SakuyaFM

i used to go with the carb in the beginning but after the tweaks a prefer the kross.
    my aining is just better with that gun.

my seconed is the sea eagle. used the belgo before and still like it but its to similar to my firs ( kross)

Talking Re: Most Used / Favourite Weapons

Hockler MP - close combat
    Kross SMG - when i need to turn a sinner from the error of his way
    Bulpdaun SMG - when light and in a hurry
    Rokstedi AR - coz it reminds me of the W:ET rifle
    Hjammerdeim Shotgun : "Hy! ...shoot... Bye!"
    VOPSEA SANGE SI MITRALIERE

ritchie, tampa ,FRKN-3K.

all these are so underted(bar ritchie) and yet i kick ass with them
    #I used the deadwood to make the fire rise
    The blood of innocence burning in the skies
    I filled my cup with the rising of the sea
    And poured it out in an ocean of debris

I'm swimming in the smoke
    Of bridges I have burned
    So don't apologize
    I'm losing what I don't deserve
    What I don't deserve#

Owned by ANOOBis

Haasdonk, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium, Belgium
    Most Recent Awards:

All of my preferred weapons are subject to the right attachement or the way you use them.

I like the Bulpdaun with ACOG and Front Grip for my Light Operative while staying at a distance and preferably up high.

The Gerund is awesome with a Front Grip, a Muzzle Brake and a Drum Magazine.
    The Rhett is good with a Underslung GL, a Muzzle Brake and a Red Dot for an Engi.
    FRKN-3K can be good with an ACOG, Front Grip and playing as a Medium Operative keeping distance and altitude to your advantage, but it could use some Stability tweaks.

Mossington really isn't that bad, you just need to know the right discance for instant kills, that said it could use a little more of distance power.

Gotling is a room clearer with Extended Mags as a Soldier with the Extra Ammo Perk.

PS: Please don't nerf the SMG's too much, I know some ppl are complaining about them. They do have High RoF, and therefor lots of Damage, but their range is rather limited.

I absolutely love the kross and the galactic. As a light I never feel at risk when I use it. And why the hate for the Kalt and the Tokmak? I was telling wolf today that I love the Tokmak. I was in a game and a teammate got downed in their spawn went in with the kross. Killed 2 guys. Pull out my Tokmak, kill 4 guys and revive him. Made my day.
    Call me llama. Add me on XBL everyone- Blarfenghar.
    Light/Medium Medic and Light Operative