ATTN admins: Turn on global VOIP

(pinion120) #1

By default brink mutes VOIP, even to your team, unless individual players form fireteams.

Because there is no good tutorial about fireteams, and they are hidden in the scoreboard menus, most don’t even know about them. This neuters VOIP in Brink.

Please ensure YOUR SERVER has voip turned on, globally, which FYI will ONLY allow teams to talk to eachother despite the term “global”.

Thank you.

(Runeforce) #2

This is what the Advanced server mode is for.

Standard (I avoid this at all costs. No FF and Team VOIP? I’d rather go to a Custom, than this!)
Friendly Fire: off.
Fire Team voip: on.
Team voip: off.
Global voip: off.

Advanced (best choice)
FF: on.
FT voip: on.
Team voip: on.
Global voip: Not sure about this one (anyone knows?), but I recommend turning it on. Gaming is a social event! (But if it indeed is turned off by default, changing it might switch your mode to Custom. You don’t want this as you will alienate the team players. If you do, make sure that you mention in your server name that this is an Advanced mode server, with additional global voip enabled. But this might not even work as some filter for Advanced.)

Oldskool (my personal favorite.)
FF: on.
FT voip: on.
Team voip: on.
Global voip: on.

If you recieve any harrasment, you always have possibilities to a) local mute offender (everyone can always do this), b) vote mute offender (depends), c) kick offender (vote/admins) and d) ban offenders (admins.)

Btw. all this only means it is enabled on the SERVERS. The clients still have all I/O voip disabled by default. (Big Mistake SD :stroggtapir: You found the perfect way in ETQW, why change that? But at least there’s a visual indicator, so perhaps the mistake is not that big after all.)

(WALLIEDIRT) #3

We had to many complaints so I just turned it off sadly :frowning:

(Jimmy James) #4

I believe the way it works is that, during a match “I” is used to access fireteam VOIP while “O” is used for team VOIP. After a match, when everyone is looking at the stats page, “O” becomes a global VOIP so both teams can hear each other.

-JJ