Unable to find servers.

(Deathykins) #1

I just got the game tonight, and whenever I go to search for internet servers, it finds nothing. The list is completely empty. I’ve tried resetting the game, Steam, my PC, my router, my modem, everything. I’ve got into other games to see if it was just Brink doing this or not, and I found servers in TF2, Bad Company 2, League of Legends, Duke Nukem Forever, etc. I just simply cannot get it to find any.

(BrinkTourist) #2

Try this:
Go to Freeplay and launch your own game.
Play a few minutes (against bots or whatever).
Exit and try your serverbrowser again.

Fixed it for me. This is a Steam related bug. Seems to happen in a lot of other Steam games too.

(Deathykins) #3

Still not working. I also forwarded the ports for the game and made sure that it is allowed in my firewall settings. I’m on Windows 7 Premium 64bit, if that matters.

(hoak) #4

I have had Brink since release but have not played since before the update and DLC were released. I’m having a lot of server connectivity issues now and had the same issue described in the OT, though creating a server did fix that, but, I don’t see any Campaign servers in the Server Browser, and if I or friends create one we’re not able to connect to each other.

What’s up with this, is the Campaign server option broken now?

:?

(Rosie the Riveter) #5

try setting your browser filter to “Campaign” and “Standard”

(hoak) #6

Thanks Rosie but no go, “Campaign” and “Standard” searches everything but finds nothing; even if I turn off all filters and just search for “Campaign”, or filter nothing in “Game Type” my search turns up no Campaign servers…

I don’t understand why this should be an issue now, nothing has changed on my setup since the game has bee released. Unless there’s some port issue specific to Campaign listen servers and the way the game is doing this since the patch?

:frowning:

(to_few) #7

There was a post somewhere about creating a Listen server and leaving it a few then trying, cant find it :confused:

(hoak) #8

I saw that and tried it, was no help either. Playing with the filters I noticed there were no listen servers listed at all, so thos must be the source of the problem… Some cache state data is messed up or I have some sort of connectivity issue to listen servers…but I’m not the only one so it would be nice to resolve.