free wek end is over and...

(sanDIOkan) #1

Ok

the free week end is over, quakecon is over so the hype to play a free game played on quakecon is over and people is again, slowly , turning back on their old games.
You know why youre going to fail again sd? Cause you didn’t fix the game before all this.

Game is still poorly realized, full of issues and bugs (some ati cards still have fps drop) the sounds vanishes, the autopilot is damn annoying and buggy. The hud isn’t editable. You have thousand clothes, archetipes, weapons, but the crosshair is ONE and nobody likes it.
How can you play competitively if u can’t pause a match or make a demo? You think the bug is fixed disabling the command? You should have fixed it in some days. In 3 months still we can’t have an editable crosshair or the demo record enabled. The quakecon’s ref couldn’t even spect in first person. c’mon this is a joke…
A pathetic joke.

Unlucky, Brink is gonna die soon and i am really sad cause it’s the last thing i want.
I like this game but i understand people that don’t play it cause most of the time, i have same feelings. The saddest part is that there isn’t an SDK and there will never be one cause noone is gonna program it.

One thing. Thank you for the free DLC. I know you paid it with your money.
I think that you should start listen to customers requests and stop acting only in base at your thoughts.

THE BIG SUGGESTION I CAN GIVE: BRINK FOR FREE AND PAY DLC.

38,009 ------- 68,902 -----------Team Fortress 2
1,234 ----------10,451 -----------BRINK

(Codine) #2

Yeah the quakecon stream was such a disappointment with Brink. He couldn’t keep up with what was going on. He was ghosting in the wrong areas every time.

But yeah this game isn’t going to go anywhere. It’s already been 3 months and the only improvements they’ve made are simple value changes for the most part. You’d think that as a large developer they could do more work in 3 months. Either they’re severely inexperienced on how to deal with this game or they just don’t care anymore. Either way I don’t see SD redeeming Brink, and even if they do it will be too late since Red Orchestra 2 and Battlefield 3 are just around the corner.

(snoopycat) #3

Last night i couldn’t find a match with more than two players. Even switching between a level 1 and level 20 char didn’t help. We keep being told by the defence force how well the games sales are going but where are all these thousands of players?

(itsme) #4

euh Brink is a consolegame. You did the same mistake as me buying the game on pc

btw amen to that, they didnt even looked at the the pc suggestion thread that was posted right after release, it contained all the fixes the pc version needs

(Smokeskin) #5

I never once had problems finding a match on PC.

(Patriotqube) #6

As a serverowner on PC i tend to not look for servers as the normal player

I join either the UK or US Server we have (i live in Denmark) and even tho my ping is 180 on US and 60 on UK i cant really feel the difference.

Anyway, I always joins 1 of our servers, even if empty, and normally it dosent take that long before someone connects and the good games can begin :slight_smile:

Well tbh someone has to be first man on the server :wink:

(sanDIOkan) #7

No problem in that direction atm and incredibly 4 ita servers are up.

wantedgov.it |bella donna #1 #2 #3 #4

2 are 16on16
2 are 8 slots for coop vs mods.

But, the problem is that player number is gonna drop again. And this is cause the game keeps being a console game. PC gamers want a PC game, not a console port.
Yesterday brink had 10.000 players. Today again 1300
Tomorrow will be 800 and then the day after tomorrow 500 and so till usual 300 or maybe less cause many players trusted the dlc could change something.

New motto: Brink free, pay DLC and on next DLC put the SDK

(Smoochy) #8

[QUOTE=sanDIOkan;367016]Ok

the free week end is over, quakecon is over so the hype to play a free game played on quakecon is over and people is again, slowly , turning back on their old games.
You know why youre going to fail again sd? Cause you didn’t fix the game before all this.

Game is still poorly realized, full of issues and bugs (some ati cards still have fps drop) the sounds vanishes, the autopilot is damn annoying and buggy. The hud isn’t editable. You have thousand clothes, archetipes, weapons, but the crosshair is ONE and nobody likes it.
How can you play competitively if u can’t pause a match or make a demo? You think the bug is fixed disabling the command? You should have fixed it in some days. In 3 months still we can’t have an editable crosshair or the demo record enabled. The quakecon’s ref couldn’t even spect in first person. c’mon this is a joke…
A pathetic joke.

Unlucky, Brink is gonna die soon and i am really sad cause it’s the last thing i want.
I like this game but i understand people that don’t play it cause most of the time, i have same feelings. The saddest part is that there isn’t an SDK and there will never be one cause noone is gonna program it.

One thing. Thank you for the free DLC. I know you paid it with your money.
I think that you should start listen to customers requests and stop acting only in base at your thoughts.

THE BIG SUGGESTION I CAN GIVE: BRINK FOR FREE AND PAY DLC.

38,009 ------- 68,902 -----------Team Fortress 2
1,234 ----------10,451 -----------BRINK[/QUOTE]

as said a million times, how is it SD’s fault that ATI cant code OpenGL drivers to save their lives?

competition accounts for 1% of world gameplay. a lot of the old classics didnt have comp modes.

(FireWorks) #9

[QUOTE=Smoochy;367092]
competition accounts for 1% of world gameplay. a lot of the old classics didnt have comp modes.[/QUOTE]

but you cant argue about their importance for a playerbase and the attracting effect on new players.

(neks) #10

sure it’s gonna pay for the SDK development to have the game for free…

(Kurushi) #11

To OP, haven’t you noticed they’ve been fixing Brink since launch? Just be patient. The game plays loads better than it did before the DLC and there’s plenty of time yet to add these little things you require. If a certain feature is causing bugs then they’re not going to rush it out and break the game. I’m sure they’re working on it. They’ve done a good job so far so relax, eh?

As for ATI, do you really need the same old answers?

(matsy) #12

It was nice to see people playing online again but I’m guessing it will go back to one or two servers being full again.

I don’t think making the game free will make a big difference. The player base was probably high this weekend just because it was a one off and people were either trying it again for the DLC or wanted to see what it was like for the first time. Who knows if they will stay around, would be interesting to see how many people bought the game.

Anyway from my experience in FEAR, it just meant that you had a steady stream of new people playing it rather than people sticking around. If there are problems with the game and its not their cup of tea they aren’t going to stick around…

(zenstar) #13

[QUOTE=matsy;367106]It was nice to see people playing online again but I’m guessing it will go back to one or two servers being full again.

I don’t think making the game free will make a big difference. The player base was probably high this weekend just because it was a one off and people were either trying it again for the DLC or wanted to see what it was like for the first time. Who knows if they will stay around, would be interesting to see how many people bought the game.

Anyway from my experience in FEAR, it just meant that you had a steady stream of new people playing it rather than people sticking around. If there are problems with the game and its not their cup of tea they aren’t going to stick around…[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people bought the game, especially with the deals on. It’s #4 on steam’s best sellers and the #1 spot was the quakecon pack that also contains Brink.
Hopefully some will stick around. I just hope those new players realise they should grab the DLC now while it’s free.

(burawura) #14

What I would like to see is a long-term effort by SD to continue to grow the game ala what valve did with tf2. As long as we continue to get updates and DLC periodically, the game should continue to improve and more people will play it.

(snoopycat) #15

They should do what Larian did. Listen to the players, go back to the drawingboard and redo the game.

(pinion120) #16

The free weekend is over and thousands are still playing the game.

/thread

(Kurushi) #17

[QUOTE=pinion120;367123]The free weekend is over and thousands are still playing the game.

/thread[/QUOTE]

Affirmative.

(Glyph) #18

[QUOTE=Kurushi;367105]To OP, haven’t you noticed they’ve been fixing Brink since launch? Just be patient. The game plays loads better than it did before the DLC and there’s plenty of time yet to add these little things you require. If a certain feature is causing bugs then they’re not going to rush it out and break the game. I’m sure they’re working on it. They’ve done a good job so far so relax, eh?

As for ATI, do you really need the same old answers?[/QUOTE]

No offense but if Brink wasn’t ready to be released then why not delay it further? Instead they pushed up the release of their open beta. It is a sad world we live in when developers feel that they can push an unfinished product out the door earlier since they can eventually just patch the issues at a later date. Here we are 3 months later and Brink is just now getting the fixes that should have been done when it was released.

Even worse, as the weapon balance patch was in no way related to the DLC there was no reason to delay it from June until August for the consoles and the insane wait for the DLC only to have a ‘simultaneous’ release was the biggest scam of all. Good thing they had the certification process to blame since no game to my knowledge has ever taken 6 weeks to certify unless it failed the first time. And the worst part is that the PC players are the ones that are getting shafted as they should not have to wait for any of this. The stats site alone proved how little emphasis is placed upon their numbers.

(Kurushi) #19

[QUOTE=Glyph;367162]No offense but if Brink wasn’t ready to be released then why not delay it further? Instead they pushed up the release of their open beta. It is a sad world we live in when developers feel that they can push an unfinished product out the door earlier since they can eventually just patch the issues at a later date. Here we are 3 months later and Brink is just now getting the fixes that should have been done when it was released.

Even worse, as the weapon balance patch was in no way related to the DLC there was no reason to delay it from June until August for the consoles and the insane wait for the DLC only to have a ‘simultaneous’ release was the biggest scam of all. Good thing they had the certification process to blame since no game to my knowledge has ever taken 6 weeks to certify unless it failed the first time. And the worst part is that the PC players are the ones that are getting shafted as they should not have to wait for any of this. The stats site alone proved how little emphasis is placed upon their numbers.[/QUOTE]

I never said it wasn’t finished on launch :smiley: But it happened and that’s that… I still considered it more than playable at launch, just lacking plenty of minor features we all expect from a PC FPS. SD did make a good game and you can really see they’ve bust their balls to bring us these patches faster than you may think. Does that excuse the missing features at launch? Probably not but, that’s over now… SD’s intentions are good

(Oz70NYC) #20

[QUOTE=itsme;367057]euh Brink is a consolegame. You did the same mistake as me buying the game on pc

btw amen to that, they didnt even looked at the the pc suggestion thread that was posted right after release, it contained all the fixes the pc version needs[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums it up completely. And yes, I’m a console player (PS3). The game from a design perspective, was obviously made with consoles in mind. But the underlining fact is the idea that we console players don’t get the level of detail in our FPS games as PC gamers. So we naturally expect less. In a game like Brink’s case, we’re able to forgive it’s short comings, because ALL FPS games on consoles have short comings. There has not been one single console FPS game that’s been a perfect 10. Whereas you PC folks have had monumental FPS games that couldn’t possibly exist on consoles. So in that, you’ve kinda been spoiled by such excellence. That in turn leads to you all being EXTREMELY critical about Brink. And I’ll agree, on the PC platform, the game is in a failure on all accounts. But on consoles, it’s above average seeing as the other notable console FPS games released this year were in ways even worse then Brink. (Hell, Kaos Studios went under because of how poorly Homefront did, and who is even talking about Crysis 2 anymore?) So Brink is that in between game on PS3/360 that’s keeping everyone entertained until the BIG FELLAS MW3 and BF3 come out later this year. And when they do, people on consoles will still be playing Brink as an alternative when they’ve played those two games to death.

In summary, the PC version of Brink failed to deliver simply on account that PC FPS game players have experienced games that full four course meals, where as Brink offer table scraps by comparison to those games… But for us console players, Brink is more like good pizza, not what you call a stellar meal, but definitely hits the spot where it counts, seeing as we’ve yet to have anything even close to a four course meal on our end of the FPS spectrum.