Disc damaged in inner ring

(Artillery Tuna) #1

My game disc for Brink somehow became damaged and it looks like parts of the innermost circle had broken off. however it’s only broken half-way. So the bottom side of the disc is fine, but the top side has holes around the ring. Please refer to the attachments (sorry about the crappy camera). I would like to know how this could have happened (my brother was the last one to play the game before I noticed the damage), and if the game is safe to continue using without it snapping in half in my 360. I have the game installed to my hard drive so it should minimize the disc spinning, but I’m still concerned about playing it. Thank you in advance.

(jRAD) #2

You should never put a damaged disc into your Xbox; it will probably end in tears.

(Artillery Tuna) #3

True. Guess I should just bite the bullet and get myself a new copy.

(Anneliese Stone) #4

on the Xbox it’s usually because of 2 things:

1 - you play the game a lot but don’t have it installed to the hard-drive thus making the disc spin faster and heat up and crack.

2 - the new cases these CD’s come in make it easier to crack the game from the inner ring.

(Wildkarrde) #5

I’d buy a second hand copy cheap as a replacement or if the copy is under 90 days old could try looking in the back of the manual and see if you can get another through Zenimax’s warranty manufacturers used to replace damaged or unreadable discs for about £7.50.Though I’d bet Brink doesn’t have this due to …well you name it something about how awful Microsoft/sony are or how Bethesda keeps people from giving info out due to sadistic legal documentation.