Whats up with timedout servers ?

(DrD3ath) #1

Address: 85.17.231.75 Port: 27016
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.17.231.75:27016/

This server is timed out , reporting continuous 16/16 to gametracker and if you try to join it timesout. Flat line for > 1 week on gametracker. This isn’t the first time I have seen it, in fact it happened on our server and needed a reboot. Why does it still show in gamebrowser ?

(togsj777) #2

yeah im getting this with our 2 servers…a restart fixes it.

I cant connect and get a timeout - Our rcon just timeouts 2. Explicits rcon tool wont connect and returns “ERROR: Connection failed - check server IP and Port or that the server is up and accepting queries”

Seems that at some point for some reason the servers just stop responding. I have no idea if those players listed in gametracker on our server are really on there…

(Patriotqube) #3

Had it a few times on our servers also, a restart fixes it.

If you think its a problem that the server is now ranked as 1 on gametracker, you just have to make a post on their forum, letting them know about the problem, and theyll remove that server from rankings.

ive noticed they have been doing that for other gameservers.

(Patriotqube) #4

Ah just noticed that you followed my advice :slight_smile:

n1

Oh My Brink looks nice as the new number 1 :slight_smile:

on a sidenote the other serverowner has now finally restarted his server :slight_smile: to late ofc

(DrD3ath) #5

This server has been detected to report fake or
idle clients and it is not eligible to be ranked

:smiley:

Actually, I have posted there before regarding something similar. This time they responded.

(DrD3ath) #6

A number of other timed out servers. Seems to be recurring more frequently now. Maybe SD can take a look ?

http://www.gametracker.com/forums/forum.php?site=1&thread=60202

(FireWorks) #7

Qube 1 seems to be suffering from the disease right now too

(illmeister80) #8

i will agree. i’m getting a ton of “timed out” messages when trying to connect to servers.

also, maybe a bit off topic, but is there any hope of getting game lobbies in the future?

(Patriotqube) #9

Yeah it was

And it happens from time to time, would be glad if that bug got fixed tbh

(HugePinball) #10

Maybe you guys running servers where this is happening could post your server logs and configs? I’m not discounting the possibility of some unavoidable bug, but it could just as easily be related or the result of some server settings.

Is there nothing of note in the logs before they stop responding? If you run with no custom settings, does the problem stop occurring?