Are the new maps in Campaign?

(WALLIEDIRT) #1

Can’t seem to find any info on this. I can’t get the new maps to work on our servers for the Campaign?

Objective/Stopwatch works fine however.

Any suggestions?

(Bono) #2

I’m trying to figure this one out as well. If I include either of the two map names then I get a message saying that the maps are locked.

(Patriotqube) #3

Just currious.

You did update the server?

(Bono) #4

How do you update the server?

Actually, for me it doesn’t matter anymore, because I’m only running my own dedicated server to play single player so that I can get a silky smooth framerate, and WallieDirt just solved my problem for me. All I had to do was change the rules from Campaign to Objective.

I’m not even sure what the difference is? Nevertheless, I can now play the two new maps at a smooth framerate. And honestly, it makes all the difference.

(WALLIEDIRT) #5

[QUOTE=Patriotqube;366523]Just currious.

You did update the server?[/QUOTE]

Yup they are all updated. Only ones that get the maps are Objective and Stopwatch. When I change back to campaign no new maps.

I can’t even start the campaign servers using mp/lab or mp/founders either. little odd. :eek:

Any ideas?

(WALLIEDIRT) #6

I take it I’m the only one having these issues?

I use a server.cfg with in turn points to server_campaign_security_coop.cfg with only Difficulty on hard and removed the enemy lighting modification. I tried to add a map ration to it but that didn’t go over to well.

Myself and other members would really like to play the full campaign online with the new maps. :penguin:

Thanks

(taodemon) #7

I’m getting this as well. I wanted to play them without the 30fps cap.

(HugePinball) #8

To demonstrate this problem:

2011-08-09 09:41:12 : ]exec server_campaign_resistance_coop.cfg
2011-08-09 09:41:12 : execing 'server_campaign_resistance_coop.cfg'
2011-08-09 09:41:12 : Applied server config: Standard
2011-08-09 09:41:17 : ]spawnserver maps/mp/
2011-08-09 09:41:17 : Campaign rules set, only showing campaign maps for campaign_resistance
2011-08-09 09:41:17 : 	spawnserver maps/mp/aquarium
2011-08-09 09:41:17 : 	spawnserver maps/mp/sectow
2011-08-09 09:41:17 : 	spawnserver maps/mp/terminal
2011-08-09 09:41:17 : 	spawnserver maps/mp/resort
2011-08-09 09:41:17 : 	spawnserver maps/mp/ccity
2011-08-09 09:41:17 : 	spawnserver maps/mp/refuel
2011-08-09 09:41:17 : 	spawnserver maps/mp/shipyard
2011-08-09 09:41:17 : 	spawnserver maps/mp/reactor

This would also mean that servers hijacked for online campaign mode can’t rotate through the new maps, correct?

EDIT: Hmm… no, that works just fine. At least if I start a public campaign match on lab, my game hijacks a server and it loads the map (uses the expected path). I assume then that it will rotate through the new maps if you start the server on another one - or won’t it?

EDIT: No good I guess. I started a dedicated server with server_campaign_resistance_coop settings and loaded reactor. I joined and completed the map, and the server then loaded aquarium.

(WALLIEDIRT) #9

Yeah that’s what happens with my servers.

I’ve ran an epic ton of configurations and only accomplished crashing the server (program).

Splash can you a least tell us that its either broken right now or it’s intent is only for Objective and Stopwatch? It would be greatly appreciated.

(HugePinball) #10

Alright, I figured out what’s going on. The DLC maps are separate campaigns:

]campaign set
	campaign set campaign_security_dlc1
	campaign set campaign_security
	campaign set campaign_resistance_dlc1
	campaign set campaign_challenges
	campaign set campaign_resistance
	campaign set campaign_vehicletrack

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
campaign_resistance, Number of maps: 8 ( 0 initially locked ) Default team: resistance, Completed: no
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map:                                              | completed?   | suggested?     | locked? | play as other team?
maps/mp/aquarium                                  , not completed,         
maps/mp/sectow                                    , not completed,         
maps/mp/terminal                                  , not completed,         
maps/mp/resort                                    , not completed,         
maps/mp/ccity                                     , not completed,         
maps/mp/refuel                                    , not completed,         
maps/mp/shipyard                                  , not completed,         
maps/mp/reactor                                   , not completed,         

campaign_resistance_dlc1, Number of maps: 2 ( 0 initially locked ) Default team: resistance, Completed: no
Map:                                              | completed?   | suggested?     | locked? | play as other team?
maps/mp/lab                                       , not completed,         
maps/mp/founders                                  , not completed,         

I’ve experimented with g_execMapConfigs and g_nextMap, trying to get it to switch campaigns and load labs when reactor is finished (and also switch campaigns and load aquarium after founder’s tower), but I haven’t been able to get it to work yet. I think it should be possible though.

(Mustang) #11

Holy good detective work batman

(WALLIEDIRT) #12

Niiiiice good job thank you for this!!