have you noticed? 10000+

(kilL_888) #1

i just had a look at the steam statistics and i saw brinks player count is back up to about 10000.

pretty neat. this weekend would have been the best time to implement a big massive patch to fix all the bad things. or at least some of em… apparently there is no patch, just two new maps andsome other stuff that does not interest me very much…

when the free weekend ends, i am curious how the player count will react. im even curious how it will react this weekend. will people abondon brink before the free period ends?

or will there be a massive increase? we will see, i guess.

at least it shows people are still interested in brink and want it to be something great. but will this be enough?

(DLC out early June!?) #2

Well yea when you have 3.44 Million people going to the Home page at Steam with a big FREE GAME WEEKEND ad. You are going to get some people playing. I expect it to drop back down to 300 on Monday.

(AnthonyDa) #3

This totally worth a new thread, and totally not a single post on the “free week end” thread :slight_smile:

(neks) #4

LOL it’s the pot calling the kettle black right? (or l’hopital qui se fout de la charite si tu prefere)

(Oschino1907) #5

Not the first time… Oh and did it feel good to down rep a random post of mine just to vent AnthonyDA???

(Azev2000) #6

They are practically giving the game away at this point in the UK. Retail is selling it for £7.98 @ GAME (UK) including free shipping. That is $13 US dollars for a boxed copy.You of course will see numbers go up slightly after the free weekend but in the long run it will lose them far more fans than it will gain.

(Slade05) #7

Those new people tend to play it like CoD.
New maps are built for capturing and holding ground as an organised group while your helpless obj guy does his part, and all I see is corner hugging pseudo snipers.

(legend123) #8

I say keep it free the game free permanetly. The more players the better.

Sure there is some beginners mindlessly going about but everyone learns.

(coolstory) #9

[QUOTE=legend123;365947]I say keep it free the game free permanetly. The more players the better.

Sure there is some beginners mindlessly going about but everyone learns.[/QUOTE]

When they learn, they’ll feel frustrated about things like gunplay and fps lag like the majority of PC players who bought the game and quit…

(mortis) #10

Shouldn’t it be:

“C’est l’hôpital qui se fout de la charité si tu préfères:wink:

(Darksider) #11

Looking at the Steam forum, major complaints is the OPENGL 3.1 problem with people on ATI cards… (smh)

(rushzone.com) #12

And the player count will drop when the free weekend finishes.

(kilL_888) #13

yea, sry. the 10000 just blew my mind and i thought i have to give it a special topic. :smiley:

it is quite something considering ~400 players a couple of days ago…

(neks) #14

[QUOTE=mortis;365958]Shouldn’t it be:

“C’est l’hôpital qui se fout de la charité si tu préfères” ;)[/QUOTE]

It should. I hope you’ll spend that same energy fixing everybody’s spelling for the goodness of mankind. And you can send me a french keyboard too because most of the time I’m too lazy to look for accents when I write in French. Thanks!

Anyway…

(AnthonyDa) #15

[quote=kilL_888;365973]yea, sry. the 10000 just blew my mind and i thought i have to give it a special topic. :smiley:

it is quite something considering ~400 players a couple of days ago…[/quote]
It’s still lower than the first week of the game release, proof to me that the game is suffering from a bad reputation.

Also, everybody I know & who tried the game this week end reported to me that the game is bad, excepted one who will give it another try tomorrow but he is far from being convinced to buy the game.

RIP BRINK.

(FireWorks) #16

I feel sorry for you, tony. :frowning:

(iezza) #17

Its over 9000!

(mortis) #18

[QUOTE=neks;365981]It should. I hope you’ll spend that same energy fixing everybody’s spelling for the goodness of mankind. And you can send me a french keyboard too because most of the time I’m too lazy to look for accents when I write in French. Thanks!

Anyway…[/QUOTE]

Don’t be bitter :slight_smile:

and no need for a French keyboard:

I will conquer the world, one accent at a time, if I must!!!

(neks) #19

I’m not bitter dude, sorry if I sounded that way but when I see the energy some displayed at being trolls, I might have mistaken your good intentions with the some trolling in disguise since you took the time to post something completely off topic.

oh and thanks for the sheet, somebody gave me something similar a few years ago but I never found the time to learn these shortcuts.

(crazyfoolish) #20

Tis.

I’m guessing that iw ill drop by at least 50% at the end of the weekend.
It’s beem fun having some games though.